d_squared431

Have you ever wondered where and how

certain food items,drinks etc originated?

For example: Most people think the coffee is originally from columbia due to that guy Juan valdez.

But it really was the Ethiopian ancestors of today's Oromo people were believed to be the first to enjoy a little pick me upper.

The "story involves a goat-herd, Kaldi, who, noticing the energizing effects when his flock nibbled on the bright red berries of a certain bush, chewed on the fruit himself. His exhilaration prompted him to bring the berries to a Muslim holy man in a nearby monastery. But the holy man disapproved of their use and threw them into the fire, from which an enticing aroma billowed. The roasted beans were quickly raked from the embers, ground up, and dissolved in hot water, yielding the world's first cup of coffee."

I am a little bored at work today...:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

This is my new favorite thread. Great useless facts, thank you both.

Keep them coming!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

No.

And I will thank you not to fill my head with useless trivial bullshit. I don't have that much room to begin with.

Well obviously you did not have any coffee today Mr cranky pants. I think SC is right up your alley for today. They never have trivial facts or tid bits in there.... :S:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Hm I just found out that saurkraut isn't really German. I was first made by the Chinese slaves who built the Great Wall then brought to Europe much later
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Mozzarella was first made in Italy near Naples from the rich milk of water buffalos.

I surprised you didnt post the history of confetti...:P

I looked it up...not intersting enough to post. Then I looked up history of glitter since skymama loves that so much, again not very intersting.

So toilet paper was next on my list...Now I am wonder how many sheets of toilet paper a single person uses in their life time.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

So toilet paper was next on my list...Now I am wonder how many sheets of toilet paper a single person uses in their life time.

http://joshmadison.com/article/toilet-paper-usage-analysis/

not exactly a wide spread study but....

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

While the story on coffee is interesting, I am really wondering how the Brits managed to come up with "spotted dick."

Generally from putting it where you shouldn't :$

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

http://joshmadison.com/article/toilet-paper-usage-analysis/

Edited cause I should have clicked your post first....:D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Mozzarella was first made in Italy near Naples from the rich milk of water buffalos.

I surprised you didnt post the history of confetti...:P

I looked it up...not intersting enough to post. Then I looked up history of glitter since skymama loves that so much, again not very intersting.

I was thinking aout toilet paper yesterday! Like when did it come about and what did they use before it??

Ps- I use gobs of TP, way more than I need :$

While the story on coffee is interesting, I am really wondering how the Brits managed to come up with "spotted dick."

Herpes
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Herpes

This made me want to look for the history of the Condom. This is one thing I think everyone should read up on. History of the Condom;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Steaks usually originate from cows.

I don't believe it.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I was thinking aout toilet paper yesterday! Like when did it come about and what did they use before it??

Ps- I use gobs of TP, way more than I need :$

There are a lot of places in the world that don't use it now. The Middle East is the only one I've been to. They use a hand and water.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

There are a lot of places in the world that don't use it now. The Middle East is the only one I've been to. They use a hand and water.

That sounds rather messy

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

And the greatest of all Gift - BEER.

Where did Beer Come from?
My favorite Story about where Beer came from says it originated in Egypt around the time the pyramids were being built. With Tens of thousands of Slaves to feed, It seems that the Eqyptians started watering down the Bread more and More. The Watery Bread was left to ferment in the Hot Sun.. Eventually that slaves really started liking it. And Beer was Born.

(I know it is most likely not true but it makes a great story)

And the greatest of all Gift - BEER.

Where did Beer Come from?
My favorite Story about where Beer came from says it originated in Egypt around the time the pyramids were being built. With Tens of thousands of Slaves to feed, It seems that the Eqyptians started watering down the Bread more and More. The Watery Bread was left to ferment in the Hot Sun.. Eventually that slaves really started liking it. And Beer was Born.

(I know it is most likely not true but it makes a great story)

I like that story....;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1