tspillers

A Good Cause

This is for fallen soldiers. I am involved in this and new Hartley. I know that many of you would not be able to attend, bu t I this cause touches your heart, donations will be accepted as well.

“Watermelon Run For The Fallen”
5K - Walk/Run/Roll
August 21, 2010

• How it started:
In 2008, a team of runners ran across American from Fort Irwin, CA to Arlington National Cemetery,
one mile for every Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
(For more information on this project, go to www.runforthefallen.com)

• What it’s about:
The purpose of this event is to remember each individual from Texas who gave his /her life serving our country in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom. Walk, run, or roll in memory of a service member you knew, or a service member will be assigned to you. Each participant will receive a card containing information about his/her military person.

• When:
Saturday, August 21, 2010 check in at 7:00am, event will begin at 8:00am. Registrations will be accepted until the last name is called. This 5K walk/run/roll is in honor of these great men and women who gave their all in sacrifice of this great country.

• Where:
The 5K walk/run/roll will start at 500 Donoho Street, (Hempstead High School track) and end on 12th Street at the intersection of Main Street in Hempstead, TX.

• Register/Contact Info:
To register, go to www.watermelonrftf.com complete the registration form and return no later than August 14th to the Watermelon Run For The Fallen, 1015 11th Street, Hempstead, TX 77445. For questions, contact David Hartley, 979-826-3332, or Pat Chernosky, 979-826-8777.

****THIS IS NOT A SANCTIONED EVENT****

• There will be $20.00 entry fee that will go to support the following charities:

• Patriot Guard
• Operation Military Embrace, Inc.

• Make checks payable to Hempstead V.F.W. Post 4007

• 100% of all entry fees will go directly to these charities.

• Anyone wishing to help sponsor this event is asked to contact David Hartley or Pat Chernosky.

• The family and friends of Army SSG Jeffery Hartley KIA April 8, 2008, are hosting this event.

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.