kmills0705

Weekend Numbers July 30 - August 1

Not posting:7::D

For a weekend with low clouds I managed to get some good jumps in.

1 AFF
1 Coach
1 H&P from 2,500' (stupid clouds)
2 awesome RW jumps
2 jumps with tandem student
3 static line students (put out on way up for tandem/coach jumps)

Beer for reasons I won't mention on here...

Also spent a lot of time with our Tandem Instructors because...... I am getting my tandem rating.

FAA Class III Medical scheduled for Friday. All other requirements complete and will be going to course in Kentucky in September sometime (working with Jim Moore).

How freaking awesome and scary is that?!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:|:4:0

Not enough sleep on Friday night made for a groggy Saturday ... and only 1 jump; with clouds on and off, 3 jumps on Sunday - one 3-way belly, one 2-way freefly and one hop 'n pop (to fly my canopy with the new 22 inch risers); 4 inches seemed to have made a huge difference (canopy much more responsive ... and a hell of a lot more flare).

Taking a couple of Fridays off this month ... trying to get to my 300th before or at the Pep boogie (end of August).

O

[:/]:5:0

I'm counting numbers starting from Thursday since this weekend was so slow. Thursday worked on some FF stuff, Friday I did a 4-way jump. Saturday it rained so I got in one H&P. We decided to launch an AFF exit from 4,000 with me as the student just for kicks. Finished the weekend off yesterday with a sunset track dive for my first skybirthday!
This shit, right here, is OK

only went to the DZ on Sunday and only becasue my AFF 1 instructor was doing his 10,000th jump.B|B|B|B|

So did 2 2way freefly jumps and an
11 way rel jump for Thomos 10,000th:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

B|:5:0

B|=Well, heck, camping at Lost Prairie;)

5= including an amazing sunset cross country at LP on Saturday night. There were about 3 layers of scattered clouds we passed by. The visuals were amazing.

Also had the usual great LP time. Didn't have time enough to chat with and jump with everyone I wanted too. Already planning to go again next year. BTW, I know they call it "Lost Prairie". You can find most of it in the driveway where I just washed my car. :)
0=Sorry, I've been to LP before. :P

Hey, Kmills, tandem rating? Cool.B| Can I ride on the front?:)

Friday-Sunday

0:19:0

18 AFF jumps, one fun RW jump. (Friday = 2 jumps, Saturday=9, Sunday = 8) 

It was hotter than the hinges of hell.  Every time I got in the plane I thought it couldn't get more hot & miserable, and the next load was always worse. The relief when we got the door open @ 1500ft was almost orgasmic!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

:):4::DAwesome weekend at LP, as usual. Stunning sunset cross country that I got on video, finally. :D for 1st time being on a state record jump...SOS Montana State Record. B|

Congrats on the record, Pat.B|
Were you on the Saturday night X-country? That was beautiful, wasn't it? Post some pics. :)
Thanks for the LP hugs this last weekend.

You can find most of it in the driveway where I just washed my car.

And this was one of the wetter years I can remember ... the dust level was NOTHING compared to the typical crust on all your stuff!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:):4::DAwesome weekend at LP, as usual. Stunning sunset cross country that I got on video, finally. :D for 1st time being on a state record jump...SOS Montana State Record. B|

Congrats on the record, Pat.B|
Were you on the Saturday night X-country? That was beautiful, wasn't it? Post some pics. :)
Yep! I was on the sunset cross country. My third time at Prairie, my third sunset cross country. I wouldn't miss it. :)

Thanks for the LP hugs this last weekend.

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

:P:2:0 Just two following S/L dispatches on Sunday. Devil would've took his coat off and put on the sunscreen this weekend.B|
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

:)
Just one for me. Was good to see the King Air back in the air at Byron. They now have a mirror on the aircraft so you can see whether you look good on jump run. :)
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

:(: 2:0

I had 12 friends that I took to do tandems on Saturday. They all landed safely and had a great time. Wasn't about me jumping but I went up on two of the loads and made solos both times. Had a cookout at the DZ afterwards, awesome time.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

1 solo jump to work on my spins on Saturday, and 2 solo tracking dives on Sunday.

Crazy enough I always enjoyed those jumps greatly. The solos were the one I could reflect on why I really love the sport. Plenty of time to jump with others. Get the ground work down so when you do you kick ass!
AIN'T IT COOL!!! ~~ John in broken arrow ~~

Alright Kim! You'll find tandem jumps to be very rewarding.

While on vacation in New York, I returned to the Ranch after learning there 11 years ago and I got to thank my instructor. B|

On Saturday, I swam the width of the Hudson River for a fundraiser. My time: 35:45:00!! I can't wait to do it again next year!

http://3ringnecklace.com/