BillyVance

Dealing with problem co-workers

Or something like the Cliff Clavin electro-shock therapy episode of Cheers... Anybody remember that? Hysterical! Could we wire something like that up? Maybe to the thermostat? :ph34r:

I don't recall that.
Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZag1zlecGI
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Or something like the Cliff Clavin electro-shock therapy episode of Cheers... Anybody remember that? Hysterical! Could we wire something like that up? Maybe to the thermostat? :ph34r:

I don't recall that.
Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZag1zlecGI

That's it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

no john, I do not guess that would go over well in the FAA control room..

had one of the tenders come tell me once that a diver punched him in the face kids mug was all swollen and mangled looking:D...I asked what happened, he said the guy went to sleep during his chamber ride so he beat on the side of the chamber with a hammer to wake him up...

I was like yeah don't do that, they don't like you telling on them either I'll pretend we never had this conversation ok ....poor kid walked away and didn't say shit for the rest of the hitch...

wtf did he expect for me to kiss his face and make it better...stupid hurts

edit to add we had fresh sheets in the can and stacks of towels fresh bibs...kid turned out to be a helluva tender..so not for nothing you know

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Are all you N'awlins folk that direct?:P

Don't take Alex too seriously. He is all bark and no bite. :D

Gawain, him and me all like to bullshit around on the BBM group thinking of the worst shit to do to problem co-workers, and any other stupid fuckers... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Has it not occured to her to just wear a sweater? :S

I don't think so. Everytime she turns the heat up the back of the office where I am gets really hot.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Stop by Walmart in the morning and get one for her!
Seriously, I get cold easily when the a/c is below about 76. I've learned to carry a sweater around with me though, I always have one in my car for when I go into the grocery store, restaurants, doctor's offices, etc. It seems like a pretty easy fix for your situation to me.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've learned to carry a sweater around with me though, I always have one in my car for when I go into the grocery store, restaurants, doctor's offices, etc.

That's very Martha Stewart of you. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

That's very Martha Stewart of you.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. :P

A sweater will help that problem. ;)

(Most of the people in our office just leave a sweater on
the back of their chair. When the sun shifts from one side
of the building to the other, the a/c system can't adjust fast enough.)

Can you explain how to do this? Wire a thermostat backwards?;):)

With the help of a single relay and a few mins, you could wire it so when its suppossed to kick on, it shuts off... and when its suppossed to shut off, it kicks on.

Hmm, there might be a flaw in that... would have to rig it so its on a remote control... Like a latching relay attached to a remote door chime...

Ding dong (oh, the ac just came on)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

problems with co workers?????

either work for Family;)
or become self employed:o:P:)
i'd be going postal,, if i had to deal with a bunch of different personalities AND each of their Issues,,, and at the same time be trying to do my J O B

actually the Best cure... would be to win a lotttery or get a HUGE inheritance,, ( fat chance on each of those ) ....Then the answer is real simple... NO More Job no more co-workers...:| problem solved..

jt

>With the help of a single relay and a few mins, you could wire it so when
>its suppossed to kick on, it shuts off... and when its suppossed to shut
>off, it kicks on.

That would result in the temperature going either as high as possible or as low as possible regardless of the setting. That seems like it would just make everyone miserable. (Which may have been the point, but seems oddly counterproductive.)

>With the help of a single relay and a few mins, you could wire it so when
>its suppossed to kick on, it shuts off... and when its suppossed to shut
>off, it kicks on.

That would result in the temperature going either as high as possible or as low as possible regardless of the setting. That seems like it would just make everyone miserable. (Which may have been the point, but seems oddly counterproductive.)

Thats why I said in my other post that I see the flaw in it, and should just wire it to a remote controlled doorbell. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Now a completely new and different situation:

My wife is a vocational rehab counselor. She has a small support staff to do many tasks for her. One of them is a lazy ass bumfuckhead. Keep in mind it's a state agency and they're all state employees. IOW, just because a worker is lazy or not doing his job isn't reason enough to fire him. He is a pathological liar, routinely overstates the mileage compensation forms, has a couple hundred hours of annual leave built up, but routinely skips out of work early, sometimes up to 3 or 4 hours, or calls in for the day, but never files the annual leave forms, etc. He is a whiney crybaby that gets all defensive when given even the slightest criticism. Most everyone else in the office knows it, but they all try not to stir the waters.

We'd all like to see this douchebag leave, quit, resign, whatever... but how? :|

Now a completely new and different situation:

My wife is a vocational rehab counselor. She has a small support staff to do many tasks for her. One of them is a lazy ass bumfuckhead. Keep in mind it's a state agency and they're all state employees. IOW, just because a worker is lazy or not doing his job isn't reason enough to fire him. He is a pathological liar, routinely overstates the mileage compensation forms, has a couple hundred hours of annual leave built up, but routinely skips out of work early, sometimes up to 3 or 4 hours, or calls in for the day, but never files the annual leave forms, etc. He is a whiney crybaby that gets all defensive when given even the slightest criticism. Most everyone else in the office knows it, but they all try not to stir the waters.

We'd all like to see this douchebag leave, quit, resign, whatever... but how? :|

He get paid via salary or per hour?

If salary, make him come in and work late or on days off if hes not getting his work done... If he no call/no shows, wouldn't that be enough?

If per hour, make sure his time cards reflect his hours worked, otherwise he is stealing from the state, and they dont take too kindly to that.

Did I mention that he also acts like a woman with Bi-polar disorder? :S Sometimes it's like walking on eggshells around him. Also, he's around 6 feet tall and close to 300 lbs.

My wife has been quietly documenting his bullshit for future use against him. She and the other co-workers haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet.

like Andy9o8 says......
"POP a cap in his Ass...":oB|;)

hahahahahah
jt

Too easy. :D

I would love to figure out a way to make him want to leave that job, or if all else fails, anonymously bait his ass into doing or possessing something that would get his fat ass fired faster than anybody can say "oh shit". Yes, illegal, I know, but he is being a fucking pain in the ass!

When I was in college, we dealt with one student who was a complete douchebag and had no business being there. I've already documented the stories involving him on here but basically, we were sick and tired of his stupid ass 5 months into our first year, and he already had a file in the campus safety office thicker than most college SENIORS. We set his stupid ass up in his dorm room by bringing a case of beer and let him drink himself to sleep, then called campus safety and left the phone off the hook and his dorm room open, and sat in the floor's lounge and waited. A team of campus officers walked by and sure enough a huge ruckus ensued when they woke the douchebag up. He fought big time and we watched 4 officers haul him out, one limb each, screaming bloody murder. He was finally gone after that. :S

But hey, this is real life in the workplace, not college. ;)

Did I mention that he also acts like a woman with Bi-polar disorder? :S Sometimes it's like walking on eggshells around him. Also, he's around 6 feet tall and close to 300 lbs.

My wife has been quietly documenting his bullshit for future use against him. She and the other co-workers haven't quite figured out what to do with it yet.

Maybe your wife is working with the brother of my coworker....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly