shah269

Any one have any News Network Connections?

Regardless of what you think of me here, in my Tron jacket glory, I'm actually fun! :-)
I work for this great government organization who's mission is to educate students regarding the viability of a career in the fields of engineering and science.
Any thoughts as to how to get a hold of one of the networks?
I'm really proud of the work that my engineers and team have done so I won't be doing any of the talking but I think those guys and gals really need a moment in the spot light.
Drop me an IM and I'll shoot you our web page. :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Regardless of what you think of me here, in my Tron jacket glory, I'm actually fun! :-)
I work for this great government organization who's mission is to educate students regarding the viability of a career in the fields of engineering and science.
Any thoughts as to how to get a hold of one of the networks?
I'm really proud of the work that my engineers and team have done so I won't be doing any of the talking but I think those guys and gals really need a moment in the spot light.
Drop me an IM and I'll shoot you our web page. :)

Join HARO

it is just the place for that sort of thing and it was founded by a skydiver who also posts here!:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

HARO is for reporters looking for sources, read the rules and follow them-Peter will yank you from the list and publicly out you as a jerk if you spam the members pitching an idea.

Yes, sorry i should have been more specific. If there is a topic or request that comes up that fits what you do, then contact that reporter and tell them your story. DO NOT just start contacting everyone with your "Pitch" :)

Well ok...I'll do my best.
I was just going to list our department, our web page and upcomming events with the students to see who was interested in covering it.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Doesn't work that way. When you join, you will get three emails a day that are full of topics/requests. If you fit one of those requests, contact the person asking for it and you are in. The requests are from reporters/producers looking for sources. It isn't a place to list what you have and see if people want to talk about you, that is what a publicist does. This is for reporters, but can be an easy way to get your company in the media in a manner you choose.

Jus signed up hve a pitch ready to go from our PR department will have it in the pipeline shortly.
Thank you