SarahC07

Ski Resort Recommendations

In colorado, Keystone, Breck and A basin are my favs

Great thing about Colorado is, if you don't like the resort your at you can drive 15 min to the next one, or plan days/nights at more than one.

My favs in Colorado are: Keystone, Vail, Steamboat and Beaver Creek. Vail probably has some of the best all-around terrain with big bowls, powder, tree runs, and more groomed runs than you'd have time to cover.

Oh yeah, and you shouldn't have a problem renting a cabin in any of those places.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Part of it depends on how well the group skis and your budget; for moderate skiers on a moderate budget, a smaller resort probably offers you better value; Red River (I've done exactly that at RR) or Angel Fire in NM come to mind. And from there you can have a big-skiing day at Taos (which is one of my favorite places).

Everyone is going to recommend what they're familiar with. But if housing the family is primary, go with what will suit your needs there, and make the specific ski area secondary.

Unless you're all super skiers who know exactly what you want, but then you probably wouldn't be asking dz.com for advice :P

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Mammoth Mountain, CA!

I've been to a few of the resorts at Tahoe, and they have nothing on Mammoth! Amazing views and amazing terrain.

List of resorts in the different states and then Canada...(i did not post any east coast resorts cause they are nothing but Ice skating rinks...:P)

California/Nevada

colorado

Montana

Wyoming

Utah

New Mexico

Oregon

Washington

Canada
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

+1 on the Tahoe recommendation. Heavenly is so heavenly! If you're willing to venture further, Whistler dwarfs anything we have here in the States and has awesome skiing. Even if it's warm at the base, the upper part of the mountains have great conditions.

The holidays are prime time so get booking soon!
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

What level of skiers, budget and how are you getting there? Where are you coming from?
You can stay in Glenwood Springs, Co fairly cheap and get to Vail, Aspen in an hour. Local mom and pop ther called Sunlight.
You can stay in downtown Salt Lake and get to about ten areas and a DZ in an hour.
You can stay in Driggs, ID and get to Grand Targhee, Jackson Hole and the down town Jackson area in an hour.
Stay in Fisco, Co and Breckenridge, Keystone, A Basin, Copper Mountain, the Vail bowls, and the ski area in Tennesee past ( can't remember the name right now) are all there. Along with huge lines.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

you didn't give us much to go on

so without any facts: Whistler is my all time favorite, been to most of the others listed above and they all have good stuff

if Whistler go to alluradirect.com to find lodging, for the others try vrbo.com or if you want to use an agent ski.com

if you are serious about Whistler PM me and I can give more tips, been there 10 times
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.