Will_Evo

If you won a surf board signed by Brett Simpson(US Open champion 2 years straight), would you use it?

So I recently won an online competition posted by Hurley. They said send a picture of you and your Hurley gear to win. So I sent in the picture attached to this message(I have a Hurley jumpsuit made by liquidsky) and won. Now the question is, would you use the board, or keep it as memorabilia? I was planning on hanging it on the wall in my room, but some friends seem to think that I should surf with it. What is your opinion?

I compare this board in surfing, to owning a baseball signed by Babe Ruth.

-Evo
Zoo Crew

Wow. Only one vote for yes?
Im a guitarist. If I won a guitar signed by one of my fav guitarists I would use it.

It's just a "thing." IMO, the value of a thing is directly correlated to the value YOU place on it.

Sure someone may say something like "man, do you know how much thats worth?"
My answer is , Yes, I do, but its a guitar. It's ain't worth anything if you don't use it for it's sole purpose. If you sit it on the shelf its is no longer a guitar. its a wall ornament.
I got enough crap on my wall.
Sure you can put it there when you aren't using it but to retire it, it dumb in my opinion.

In surfing circles it may be something special but just like skydiving, even the more famous surfers are unknowns.

Go surf it and be happy that you own it. I would assume its a top end surf board. Use it.

I guess you know how I voted.
My photos

My Videos

Use it. When it gets a few dings, hang it on the wall.

Of course if it was signed by Gerry Lopez it would be a totally different situation.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

If I used it, you could then hang the several remaining pieces on your wall.
[:/]

I'm totally with jtval on the guitars, though.

I got severely yelled at one time back in '72 for just touching Ritchie Blackmore's Strat. Fuck him, but then, I can understand.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

-Evo

So this Brett guy is fat, dead and didn't sign a lotta stuff?

It's not a Babe ball...there isn't the mass interest in surfing that baseball holds.

Use the board...ding it up and make a coffee table out of it.

Hey, I have a baseball sign by Joe Pepitone I'll trade ya! ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

-Evo

It's not a Babe ball...there isn't the mass interest in surfing that baseball holds.

. . . then cut a secret door in it and make a "Hide my Weed" out of it . . (similar to a Hide a Key)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

-Evo

Hey, I have a baseball sign by Joe Pepitone I'll trade ya! ;):ph34r:

haha not in any of those respects, but some people do consider Babe the best in baseball, and so is Brett in surfing. Plus, the mass interest in baseball is centrally located in the US...surfing is popular world wide.

I already know what I am going to do with it, its going up on the wall in mint condition. I was just very surprised to hear that my friends would ride the thing.

They also didn't realize how much abuse a surfboard goes through, I mean to say the preparation (waxing) and actual riding(scratching) is apparent after even the first use. Anyways, this guy is the #1 surfer in the world two years straight, it's def being preserved.
Zoo Crew

Well I am moving to Hawaii this month B| Gunna be pretty close, but I still wouldn't use this board lol. Alot of people keep saying sell it for jump money, I plan on doing alot more than jump in Hawaii, to include surfing and scuba diving. I love skydiving, but its not ALL I want to do(but its close) :P

-Evo

Zoo Crew

ride the fucking board dude.. that's what it was built for not to hang on a wall ....brett simpson is just some guy who gives a shit if he signed it don't ding his signature if you're worried about it I guess

i voted ride it.....ride it the nastiest overhead you can get yourself into if you break it then hang it up

don't get anybody to sign your skydive rig bro, wouldnt want one of those hanging on your wall too:P

something else to think about...di you see him sign it??? could be a bunch of fucking horseshit that dont mean shit anyway.....the board is for real and the waves well ....yeah

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell