hcsvader

Persied Meteor Shower Tonight

PERSEID METEOR SHOWER: The annual Perseid meteor shower is underway. According to the International Meteor Organization, dark-sky observers are now counting more than 35 Perseids per hour, including many fireballs. Be alert for Perseids from 10 pm on Thursday, Aug. 12th, until sunrise on Friday, Aug. 13th. The darkest hours before dawn are usually best.

http://spaceweather.com/
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I got to see this shower from Iraq 4 years ago. Was quite impressive. I saw a "earth grazer" too. Had no clue what it was. Had to look it up. Was pretty damn cool
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

I was camping with my family probly about 10 years ago. We were miles away from any kind of light pollution. We watched it out on the lake. It was absolutly amazing!

I just sat in the yard for 20 minutes and didnt see a thing. Although there is alot of light pollution where I am and I have a limited view of the sky due to all the large trees in my yard. I may have to go for a drive out of town and see if I have any luck.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Many years ago when I was still living at home out in the county, I took a sleeping bag out to the deck and lay in it to keep warm while watching the meteors. I woke up the next morning as the sun was coming up surrounded by fog. I was hoping to do the same this year, go out to my back yard with a sleeping back to keep warm and watch the meteors, but I'm already socked in under the marine layer. I won't be seeing any meteors this year. :(

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

I watched for several hours tonight from my light polluted backyard in Los Angeles.

Several very nice bright ones, but wasn't able to capture any on the camera. They just wouldn't enter my frame for some reason.

Bah. Better luck next time.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I watched for several hours tonight from my light polluted backyard in Los Angeles.

Several very nice bright ones, but wasn't able to capture any on the camera. They just wouldn't enter my frame for some reason.

Bah. Better luck next time.

Clear skies here, but I only saw one in 15 minutes of watching. Not my definition of "shower".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

i saw it once in NH, was really nice there. not so much in NJ. too many people, too many lights, not enough stars.

makes me miss new england sometimes
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"