FlyingJ

National Criminal Record History

I need a national criminal record history in order to apply for reciprocity of my EMT cert with a couple other states.

I've found a pile of options online. Anyone have a suggestion for a reputable site you have used and been happy with?

Thanks!

Jason
Killing threads since 2004.

I need a national criminal record history in order to apply for reciprocity of my EMT cert with a couple other states.

I've found a pile of options online. Anyone have a suggestion for a reputable site you have used and been happy with?

Thanks!

Jason

http://www.bing.com/search?q=ncic&FORM=HPNTDF
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Thanks!

Jason

http://www.bing.com/search?q=ncic&FORM=HPNTDF

If you have access to NCIC and want to run a report...great! But otherwise, I'm still trying to narrow the piles and piles of "background check" links down to one that people have used before and not been screwed by.

Too many of them look sketchy, and I've run into a few that I was told were flat out scams and only get you very basic info.

I'm not worried about paying for the report, just don't want to pay for a report that isn't going to meet my needs.

What State do you live in?

In So Cal it's just a California state background check through a live scan fingerprint check. (Not that I have anything to hide, LOL!)

But, sheesh, how much of a police state are we going to put up with for a eleven dollar an hour job? Not too mention keeping your NREMT card, CPR card, Ambu Driver License, and Continuing Education requirements current?

I never thought I'd find anything as badly administrated as skydiving but I did, it's EMS . . .

NickD :)

What State do you live in?

In So Cal it's just a California state background check through a live scan fingerprint check. (Not that I have anything to hide, LOL!)

But, sheesh, how much of a police state are we going to put up with for a eleven dollar an hour job? Not too mention keeping your NREMT card, CPR card, Ambu Driver License, and Continuing Education requirements current?

I never thought I'd find anything as badly administrated as skydiving but I did, it's EMS . . .

NickD :)

When I got hired here in Texas the local dispatch pulled the record as part of the hiring process. I'm considering a move to get back closer to family in the southeast and am applying for certs in those states so I don't get hung up when the time comes. Florida hasn't asked for anything like that (though I have to take the NREMT exam again even though I'm current). Georgia is nothing more than sending the documents and paying a fee. The fact they want a background check is a pain, but far less a pain than having to go take the test again.

I had no problem with the test the first time around and am not concerned about doing it again; going through the motions to sit for it is just a pain in the ass.

eleven dollar an hour job?

Ha! I wish...

I'm finding that the $9.40 an hour I make here in South Texas is way better than what places I've looked in Florida and Georgia pay.

Sure the overtime from a 24/48 schedule adds up to more than a $9.40/hr salary with a 40 hour work week, but shit, the hours add up too!

I'm realizing I have it really good where I am, but being half a country away from my family is taking a toll.

I used to work for a background investigation company so I was hoping I would be able to help, but the more I read your replies I may be confused.

GA is requesting the National Criminal History Record? Isn't that (in their terms) an FBI fingerprint check? From their own website regarding criminal history checks that's what it eludes to, but of course I have no knowledge of your field of work and what is/should be requested of you.

I attached the link anyway - the section regarding NCHR is towards the middle or so of the page. Hopefully if any of this isn't useful I didn't waste too much of your time - remember, I tried to be helpful! :)
http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/channel_modifieddate/0,2096,67862954_67866875,00.html

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

I used to work for a background investigation company so I was hoping I would be able to help, but the more I read your replies I may be confused.

GA is requesting the National Criminal History Record? Isn't that (in their terms) an FBI fingerprint check? From their own website regarding criminal history checks that's what it eludes to, but of course I have no knowledge of your field of work and what is/should be requested of you.

I attached the link anyway - the section regarding NCHR is towards the middle or so of the page. Hopefully if any of this isn't useful I didn't waste too much of your time - remember, I tried to be helpful! :)
http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/channel_modifieddate/0,2096,67862954_67866875,00.html

Thanks...I hadn't found that FBI link at the bottom of the page yet. I'll look a little more closely in the morning.

I just work in EMS. In my experience it has typically been an employer taking on getting a background check. In this case, Georgia would be granting me reciprocity for my EMT certification just based on my currency with Texas, so it's up to me to cover the cost of that background info.

Here ya go! I should've just done this the first time around ... LOL!

How do I obtain a copy of my national criminal history record?
Individuals can obtain a copy of their national criminal history record from the FBI. In order to receive a copy of your FBI record for personal, employment, or international work requirements, please visit the FBI website, http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htmfor more information.
"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

Here ya go! I should've just done this the first time around ... LOL!

How do I obtain a copy of my national criminal history record?
Individuals can obtain a copy of their national criminal history record from the FBI. In order to receive a copy of your FBI record for personal, employment, or international work requirements, please visit the FBI website, http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htmfor more information.

Thanks to both of you. I did end up finding that page via Sapphire's Georgia link. Much appreciated!