normiss

I found an interesting Google maps image!

I was curious and panned over to O'Hare to look for any other planes lined up with the runways and noticed something strange... a cemetery land-locked by tarmac by NWA Cargo on the south side of the airport!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was curious and panned over to O'Hare to look for any other planes lined up with the runways and noticed something strange... a cemetery land-locked by tarmac by NWA Cargo on the south side of the airport!

If you are talking about the St Johannes Cemetary, I don't think it is surrounded by tarmac.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

Must have been a cold day! ;)

DUUUUDE its a nude beach.. trust me dahrlin... if you see cars over on the road.... there are nudists there on the beach.and its an area that has a pretty high ration of females to males.. unlike most of the beer belly and sausage fests that masquerade as nude beaches.. usually around where there are a few of the bushes... been there myself.. many many many times.. since I used to live in one of the marinas on my 36' boat just upriver:)

If you are talking about the St Johannes Cemetary, I don't think it is surrounded by tarmac.

Technically speaking, you're probably correct, but I can say it's completely surrounded or encased within O'Hare...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was google mapping something not too far from my home DZ, so naturally I scooted in that direction, and then zoomed in as much as possible. I was albe to see my car in the parking lot, the Caravan sitting on the pad, jumpers walking in from the landing area, and one of the tandem canopies in-flight just above the hanger and it's shadow in the parking lot.

Kind of cool and kind of spooky at the same time. While I was minding my own business jumping one day, goolge was taking sat. photos of my every move....