JohnMitchell

Vskydiver's LFL Gear Raffle

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, my wife, Vskydiver, suffers from lupus, an incurable autoimmune disease which almost took her life 6 years ago. After her long recovery from that bout, she decided to fight back by raising funds for medical research. Among other things, we've held this annual gear raffle for 3 years straight now and enjoy a lot of support in the skydiving community.

Please take a look at our prize lists and consider purchasing some tickets. Not only are there some great prizes, but every dollar you donate goes directly to lupus research at the University of Washington in Seattle and is 100% tax deductible.

Please contact me through a PM on DZ.com or my email of [email protected] to purchase tickets. And thanks for your consideration. You all know how much Vskydiver means to me. This is a cause very near and dear to my heart.

Leap for Lupus 2010 Raffle Prize List
Need not be present to win. Drawing held Aug. 21st @ Kapowsin Airsports in Seattle, WA

Velocity Sports Equipment, 50% off coupon for a custom Infinity Rig

UPT, 2 Chances to win 30% off base/15% off accessories discount coupons for a custom Vector 3

Vigil, 30% off a Vigil AAD

Larsen & Brusgaard, a VISO II
Larsen & Brusgaard, an Altitrack

Alti-2, Gift certificate for an N3 electronic altimeter

ChutingStar Enterprises, a Contour HD Camera and instructional DVD's

Hypoxic, a Hypeye D Pro camera control

Bonehead, $75 off certificate

Skydive Eloy, 10 minutes tunnel time and a free tandem jump

iFly SF Bay, tunnel time discount coupon

Flite Suit, 2 Chances to win 50% off custom jumpsuit discount coupon
Flite Suit, 2 Chances to win 25% off custom jumpsuit discount coupon

EG Skysuits, 2 Chances to win 50% off In-Stock jump suit

ParaGear, 2 Chances to win $25 gift certificate

Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20

Contact JohnMitchell by PM on DZ.com or [email protected] for purchase information.

Thanks, John Mitchell

Do you do Paypal?

We used to but not anymore. Had a few problems. Check or cash would be fine. I know they say not to mail cash, but I don't think $20 or so is too big a risk. We have a locked mailbox on this end, so it's pretty secure.

I'd love to sell you some tickets.

Leap for Lupus Foundation
c/o John Mitchell
14202 143rd Ave. Ct. East
Orting, WA 98360

Make sure you include your name and contact info. We'll fill out your tickets and notify you if you win. I'll post the winners online here after the drawing, too.

Do you do Paypal?

We used to but not anymore. Had a few problems. Check or cash would be fine. I know they say not to mail cash, but I don't think $20 or so is too big a risk. We have a locked mailbox on this end, so it's pretty secure.

c/o John Mitchell
Orting, WA 98360

Make sure you include your name and contact info. We'll fill out your tickets and notify you if you win. I'll post the winners online here after the drawing, too.

Post office is closed already but will send check Monday. Good cause and good people. :)

Do you do Paypal?

c/o John Mitchell
Orting, WA 98360

Post office is closed already but will send check Monday. Good cause and good people. :)

Dont you watch House? Its NEVER Lupus!:P

Maybe I'll win something this year? :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Dont you watch House? Its NEVER Lupus!:P

That's a long-running joke in the (House-watching) Mitchell household.

John - hit me up at Prairie. I'm in for tickets. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You're already a winner by donating to a good cause and making Vskydiver happy.:P

True...but there is only one thing I am interested in, and if it is anything else, I'd like to redonate it to be drawn on again!B|

I'll PM you if I win anything to see if you want to trade! ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Good question. It is a random draw. You'll be in with quite a few tickets. I know which prize you're interested in, and should you win one item and want another, I can arrange for you to get in contact with the other party and talk about a swap. I've seen swaps done before. There's a lot of great prizes, but often there's one in particular you really want.

For any of you at the Leap for Lupus Boogie and Dinner at Kapowsin on the 21st, Vskydiver also raffles off a local prize, a custom RW suit made by her (sorry, not the black stretch vinyl kind;):D), for some lucky local jumper. In fact, we have whole list of local prizes, such as a stainless steel barbecue, restaraunt gift certificates, etc. Maybe see some of you at the dinner and rocking out to the band later. Did I mention beer? :DB|

Performance Design is on board too.B| They've donated t-shirts, hoodies, as well as a great Hydration Backpack and a SkySystems Factory Diver helmet with the PD logo.

Thanks to all who have bought tickets. In a cause like this, everyone's a winner, but I hope you all win the prize of your dreams. B|

You know the tough part about running a raffle like this?
I don't get to buy a ticket for myself, darn it. [:/]:D

Oh, and pop into the Happy Birthday Vskydiver Thread.;)

Here's the updated list, with some prizes still coming in. :)-------------------------------------------------------------
Leap for Lupus 2010 Raffle Prize List
Need not be present to win. Drawing held Aug. 21st @ KAS

Velocity Sports Equipment, 50% off coupon for a custom Infinity Rig

UPT, 2 Chances to win 30% off base/15% off accessories discount coupons for a custom Vector 3

Vigil, 30% off a Vigil AAD

Larsen & Brusgaard, a VISO II
Larsen & Brusgaard, an Altitrack

Alti-2, Gift certificate for an N3 electronic altimeter

ChutingStar Enterprises, a Contour HD Camera and instructional DVD's

Hypoxic, a Hypeye D Pro camera control

Performance Designs, SkySystems Factory Diver Helmet
Performance Designs, Hydration Backpack, Hoodie

Bonehead, $75 off certificate

Skydive Eloy, 10 minutes tunnel time and a free tandem jump

iFly SF Bay, tunnel time discount coupon

Flite Suit, 2 Chances to win 50% off custom jumpsuit discount coupon
Flite Suit, 2 Chances to win 25% off custom jumpsuit discount coupon

EG Skysuits, 2 Chances to win 50% off In-Stock jump suit

ParaGear, 2 Chances to win $25 gift certificate

Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20.See John or Valinda Mitchell to purchase tickets, or contact John at 253-948-2754 or [email protected]

I've just been sorting through all the prizes. The helmet from Performance Design is a carbon fiber Factory Diver with the PD logo, very nice, in a size Large. I was really tempted to try it on but I didn't.:D

I was looking at ChutingStar's Contour HD camera with mount. What a slick package Trunk's putting out these days. I might have to pick one up for doing AFF. B| Then I won't have to remember what in the heck the student just did. :D

Thanks to all of you buying the tickets, both in person, online and through the mail. We had a great weekend at LP, selling some tickets and seeing old friends (even made some jumps too). B| We'll be down at Skydive Utah in Toelle this Saturday and Skydive Ogden this Sunday. See me if you'd like to check out our prize list and maybe buy a few tickets, or if you just want to take an old guy on an easy RW jump. :)

Thanks everyone,
John

Just a small update, we now have 2 coupons for 25% off an Alti-2 N3. A big "Thank you" to Alti-2.:)

For Idaho skydivers---- You can get your tickets at Skydive Idaho in Star, Idaho from me. I'll be at the dz the next two weekends and Thursday evenings. There are some great prizes on the list.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Jeez, it's been so long since I've been on DZ.com I've forgotten how to send a PM. I'll figure it out. I'm buying some of these, now that I've met John and Valinda, they are GREAT people!!

Just click on PM on the left on one of John's posts. :)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490