skymama

Is it OK to use a coupon on a first date?

sweet moses!
well....what ever.

You constantly post about relationships, the perfect size 6 female, etc. Dave gives you great advice which is focus on you and put your life back together before jumping into yet another relationship and you say whatever.

Dude just stop posting about this aspect of your life. Having an SO isnt the answer to happiness.

Actually I think that the point of Shahs original few posts was that first dates can be low cost without the need for coupons, and that he likes spending the time talking and spending doesn't need to be part of the equation.

I am married and I cringe when my wife uses points or coupons to pay a meal bill. Largely because there is a fair amount of drama involved. It is easily resolved she uses them for outings with her friends. If it was a simple matter of putting a coupon in with the credit card then I would be fine with it, but spending 10 minutes arguing/discussing with the waiter that the points qualify you for free drinks or £10 off and that they have screwed up is really not my idea of fun.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Actually I think that the point of Shahs original few posts was that first dates can be low cost without the need for coupons, and that he likes spending the time talking and spending doesn't need to be part of the equation.

Thank you!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and become the bad guy (or girl in this case)... I spend my days with 22 fourth graders, and can say that without a doubt, they act more maturely than a few of the people in this thread are currently acting. So what if Shah said that he prefers girls who are a size 6 and attractive? NEWSFLASH: That is not abnormal or uncommon.

Because I'm not living in a state of complete denial, I know that my physical appearance is what first got my current S/O's attention 3 years ago in Zhills. Of course, he didn't date me based solely on physical attributes, but it got the ball rolling (Jon, you know it's true ;)). This is simply how the world works.

[Disclaimer: Am I saying that women need to be a certain size to get attention? Absolutely not. In the long run, mutual attraction and an emotional connection (and hard work) maintain a relationship.]

But to constantly criticize a person based on a few candid (and dare I say NORMAL) opinions is petty, mean, and childish.

Ah, the sweet ugly truth.

But to constantly criticize a person based on a few candid (and dare I say NORMAL) opinions is petty, mean, and childish.

If I recall, Shah's issue with size didn't really come up much in this thread, I'm trying to figure out which posts you're referring to where people were mean. Shah is clearly a man who is looking for love and from what he writes is having unsuccessful attempts at dating. We have tried to get him to see that he may be thwarting his own efforts by his attitude about women and their role in life, but he's not really listening. Yet, we keep trying...maybe we shouldn't?

Shah, if you feel anyone posts break the PA rule, please let me know and I'll take care of them.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Can I piss him off on purpose so you'll "take care of me"???

It's supposed to be a punishment, but it sounds like you would enjoy it! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've read this thread - I don't see any issues with Shah's comments to warrant the responses he's getting. Seems to me people are bringing in preconceptions from other threads where he was trying to be funny and a lot of others were just plain too humorless or PC to get it.

I read underneath the wry humor in his post that he wanted a woman that would share home duties, have compatible interests and not be too high maintenance.

Still not sure what's wrong with wanting someone with common interests, that you can treat as a partner and equal and that you find attractive and interesting and has a compatible libido........

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I've read this thread - I don't see any issues with Shah's comments to warrant the responses he's getting. Seems to me people are bringing in preconceptions from other threads where he was trying to be funny and a lot of others were just plain too humorless or PC to get it.

I read underneath the wry humor in his post that he wanted a woman that would share home duties, have compatible interests and not be too high maintenance.

Still not sure what's wrong with wanting someone with common interests, that you can treat as a partner and equal and that you find attractive and interesting and has a compatible libido........

you just don't get it - Shah suggested it so it is bad:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

you just don't get it - Shah suggested it so it is bad:D

Guys, gals I've had the week to end all weeks and it's only tuesday. I may soon loose my wings...just when I got them back due to legal and financial issues.
So right now.....I don't care. A hug would be nice but honestly....i don't care how any one read what I write or what they say. I may either be out well over $50k or I may loose my ability to jump so.....[:/]
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

After reading this thread & thinking about it, I think that using a coupon on a first date might actually be a good idea. It would weed out the superficial, spoiled-brat types who are more interested in dating a walking wallet.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

After reading this thread & thinking about it, I think that using a coupon on a first date might actually be a good idea. It would weed out the superficial, spoiled-brat types who are more interested in dating a walking wallet.

LMAO

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I hope to one day be rich enough to date the attractive, but superficial. That might be the mechanism to get past the obstacle of my personality. :ph34r:

Reminds me of that old joke:

"What do you use for birth control?"

"My personality."[:/]

:D

There's a new sig line a certain poster could use. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Reminds me of that old joke:

"What do you use for birth control?"

"My personality."[:/]

PFA- Personality Forced Abstinence
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

new information on Frugal

How to Be Frugal and Still Be Asked on Dates

Saving may be making a comeback, but it still hasn’t gotten its sexy back, particularly if you’re a man.

In June, the company asked 1,000 people which words would come to mind if someone was fixing them up on a blind date with someone described as frugal.

Just 3.7 percent answered “sexy,” while 15 percent picked “boring” and 27 percent chose “stingy.”

However, people should look at the future.
"Their" money becomes "our" money... :ph34r:

All this does not concern me because if I had a job, I would be not be frugal. So, I've got that going for me.
:)

>"My personality."

"My personality is a leading cause of vaginal dryness."

. . . and dry heaves.:o

Awwe Bill - you know we love you . . .

Like Divot in Prison.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Since Vskydiver and I have joint everything, we admire each others frugal habits. I'd much rather spend $50 on a bunch of steaks and have a bunch of jumpers over for dinner, than drop that same $50+ in some restaurant for just 2 dinners.B|

Since Vskydiver and I have joint everything, we admire each others frugal habits. I'd much rather spend $50 on a bunch of steaks and have a bunch of jumpers over for dinner, than drop that same $50+ in some restaurant for just 2 dinners.B|

And you thought we liked keeping you guys around because you're nice and full of good skyjumping information. :P
Muff #5048