Master_Yoda

How many musicians here & what do you play?

5 string banjo (intermediate), Tenor Ukulele (Beginner), Piano (intermediate).

One of the reasons I took up skydiving was to learn something new. I enjoy doing that with musical instruments also.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I am primarily a percussionist. I started playing electric guitar in the 3rd grade, learned a few tunes, and put it away. Come 6th grade, I joined the percussion section of the band and have been doing that for about 9 years. I went to TCU to study Music Education in percussion where I studied orchestral snare drum, Marimba, hand drums, Jazz and Latin drumset, etc. etc... anything percussion, but decided it wasn't for me. In 2007, I marched with the Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps and toured the country all summer long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrU9mDYYqc8&feature=search

I'm the guy on closest to the camera playing tenors.
Anyway, I continue to play drumkit nearly every single day. Smooth Jazz being my forte. I was saving up for a new kit when I did my first tandem... Now I've started AFF and I can kiss that new kit goodbye.

Just recently I've acquired a Jazz Bass and I've been learning more and more on that. It's incredibly fun.

Keyboards, guitar and bass. All pretty badly, but well enough to get the results into a computer and make it sound like I know what I'm doing. And I can pretty much sing in tune, but without much power.

I write and record quite a lot of music, but I couldn't play you a single song all the way through. One day I will brush up on my skills and become a virtuoso at something or other. Or not.

I played the violin in a regional orchestra when I was a kid, but I find that hard to believe now. I suspect there might have been a bit of miming involved.

I was a drummer growing up. I played a kit in a garage band as a teenager. Today about the only percussion I mess with is a bodhran. I'm just OK on it but at least I don't speed everyone up! lol

I took up melody instruments at the tender age of 40. No lessons I'm self taught.

I play a 9 inch flesh colored skin flute.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Whose?

Mine.:ph34r:

I play guitar, and sing (when I don't have fucking laryngitis!)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Bagpipe (not opposed to the modern piping of rock fusion)

Highland, Uilleann, or something else? I've seen a few guys play Dudelsack (German pipes)... now those were strange.

Is it wrong that I imagined you playing those and thought it was Hot!?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Is it wrong that I imagined you playing those and thought it was Hot!?:)

Yes, Turtle. Very wrong. :P

But why?

What should you be playing for me to think it's hot?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

What should you be playing for me to think it's hot?

Not sure I'd want to know what you would think is hot. :P

:D

:)

HEY:o

Yeah - I guess you are right . . .

Got Oboe?

Bagpipe (not opposed to the modern piping of rock fusion)

Highland, Uilleann, or something else? I've seen a few guys play Dudelsack (German pipes)... now those were strange.

Ever heard of Corvus Corax? They're a German band that mixes medieval music with metal. Pretty cool stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRQ-S9EcmcY

Piano (10 years competition), Clarinet (Yes, I was in the band in middle-school), Drums (I had a friend with a wicked system and he taught me/let me fool around often-enough), and a ton of other instruments most people have never heard of via the ensemble I was in through elementary, middle and some high-school. Oh, and the recorder in elementary school. Greensleeves, anyone?:D

"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

Ever heard of Corvus Corax? They're a German band that mixes medieval music with metal. Pretty cool stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRQ-S9EcmcY

No! I'll have to check them out when I get home. Can't get youtube here. =(

I'm only familiar with dudelsack because of Wolgemut . They play at the So Cal Renaissance Faire and put on a great show.