Cinders

Best place/way to mark rig

Few skydivers are thieves.

The rare skydiver/thief soon finds himself banned from his home DZ and subtle, sarcastic phone calls make him un-welcome at neighboring DZs.

More than half of stolen parachutes land in dumpsters because the low-life, trailer-trash, whuffos who steal them don't know how to fence it.

You have to be pretty dumb or desperate to steal things you don't know how to fence!

For example - a few years ago - a thief broke into a hangar in Pitt Meadows and stole a half-dozen used rigs. When he tried to sell some of them to a retired skydiver, who was also a member of "a group of motorcycle enthusiasts who prefer not to be mentioned in public" most of the rigs were returned the following day with no questions asked.

Hi all you fellow nuts :)

What's the best way and place to mark a rig? I have a mirage, and talked to mirage co. about a ring cover with name stitched on. I hate to replace the cool logos on the ring covers, though :(

I know it can still be stolen and removed, but it'd make me feel better at a busy DZ that my rig has a name on it.

I have the reserve card marked, but I'd still like something on the actually container somewhere visible.

Thanks for ideas.

I only read your post, not the reast of the thread - so, this idea may have already been mentioned.

If I were you, I would have my name or nick name stitched on either your cutaway or reserve handle.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of