Tiger6513

Smoking is not good but...

We had two guys in our office get them. Both went back to real smokes. I still may give it a try though. It was kinda funny seeing peoples reactions as they puffed away on them in the office though. One woman tried to say that she could smell the electronic smokes. They are completely odorless though. Made a big stink about it (no pun intended).

Some people just like to bitch about others...sounds like she is one of them!>:(

I have quit cold turkey 3 times, 3 months then a year later I did again for almost 18 months then the last was last summer for a few months. I had absolutely NO good reason for starting again accept I Like smoking, in fact if I wasn't starting to feel the negative effects of smoking I still would be a pack a dayer. I found this has helped me keep what I want which is the Habit of smoking, I still use nicotine liquids but I have been progressivaly cutting down the amount each time I buy a new flavor. I am happy for those of you with such "big balls" but honestly I just didn't want to quit, knew I should, so now I use this instead. I'm happy, my lungs are happier, and people around me don't have to smell... well at least my cigs :D

Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

We had two guys in our office get them. Both went back to real smokes. I still may give it a try though. It was kinda funny seeing peoples reactions as they puffed away on them in the office though. One woman tried to say that she could smell the electronic smokes. They are completely odorless though. Made a big stink about it (no pun intended).

Do your homework, if you want it to work for you I suggest you read others experiences first... All you need to know in 6 posts I would suggest not buying that shit from the mall.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

A good friend of mine and a long term smoker quit using Chantix. She had tried many options (including cold turkey) and many times before.

Any way that helps you quit is a good way.

Chantix user here. It made me batshit crazy during the 3 months I was on it, but it worked. I've now been smoke-free for over 120 days. I've missed out on 2,184 cigarettes in that time, and I've saved a total of $775.34.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I have heard nothing but good things about this product. I am currently a smoker and want to quit. I smoke around a pack a day, and since I just started a new job, I plan on getting at least one paycheck to catch up, and the very next one I plan on purchasing the e-cig, because I need help quitting.

Just watched a Chantix commercial on TV a few days ago...of course on the commercial one of the side-affects is suicidal thoughts...sorry but killing myself isnt a side effect I want. I'll just die via lung cancer in that case...but the E-Ciggarette sounds like my best bet at this point. But I did use Wellbutrin to quit for 6 months...why you ask did I start smoking again? Losing a 75K a year job you loved will do that to you. But I'm getting too old for this shit now.:(

I have quit cold turkey 3 times, 3 months then a year later I did again for almost 18 months then the last was last summer for a few months. I had absolutely NO good reason for starting again accept I Like smoking, in fact if I wasn't starting to feel the negative effects of smoking I still would be a pack a dayer. I found this has helped me keep what I want which is the Habit of smoking, I still use nicotine liquids but I have been progressivaly cutting down the amount each time I buy a new flavor. I am happy for those of you with such "big balls" but honestly I just didn't want to quit, knew I should, so now I use this instead. I'm happy, my lungs are happier, and people around me don't have to smell... well at least my cigs :D

Uhmmmmm thats not "quiting" that is taking time off!;):ph34r:

Just watched a Chantix commercial on TV a few days ago...of course on the commercial one of the side-affects is suicidal thoughts...sorry but killing myself isnt a side effect I want. I'll just die via lung cancer in that case...but the E-Ciggarette sounds like my best bet at this point. But I did use Wellbutrin to quit for 6 months...why you ask did I start smoking again? Losing a 75K a year job you loved will do that to you. But I'm getting too old for this shit now.:(

They didn't say that you WILL do it, just you'll think about it.

I would stay away from the Wellbutrin... the weight gain sucks!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Different tools help different people. Some people can go cold turkey. I posted about my friend who used Chantix because it is still somewhat new. She said she had some freaky dreams but otherwise was okay w/ it. It worked for her. I work at a community mental health center and our psychiatrists will not prescribe it because our population is susceptible to psychosis anyway. Wellbutrin had absolutely no effect for another friend but if it works for you than it works for you.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I bet I can get you to quit smoking... just like I did.

I will take you to the 16500' level on Denali ..insuring a storm with 100MPH+ winds is on the way..... have you dig a snow cave to survive in and wait one week after your ciggs run out in the storm in the snow cave.

When the week is up... the problem is solved.

It's my form of "COLD turkey and I have not had a cigarette in 33+ years

I was a heavy (up to 2 packs a day at the end) smoker for 14 years. Last December I got a sinus infection that ruined my Christmas boogie at Skydive Arizona and that was the last straw. I haven't had a smoke since January 1 and I'm feeling so much better, plus I've started dating an amazing woman who wouldn't be with me if I was still a smoker.

If the E-cig works for you then go big, but IMO any form of quitting other than cold turkey is just prolonging the 'difficult' phase of the process. By puffing on an E-cig or popping a Wellbutrin or putting on a nicotine patch, you're essentially telling yourself that in stopping smoking you're giving something up and you need to replace it with the patch or the pill or the E-cig. In the case of the patch or the E-cig, you're keeping yourself addicted to the drug that you're trying to quit, which is pretty ridiculous.

If you want to quit smoking then just quit. The actual physical affects of nicotine withdrawal only last a couple of days and really aren't that bad.

About 1.5 years ago I made a post here about quitting using the gum (an attempt that lasted about 3 weeks I believe) and a DZ.commer sent me a PM recommending a book called 'The Easy Way to Quit Smoking' by Allen Carr. I bought it as soon as I got back from the Christmas boogie and finished it in a day, haven't smoked since and I really don't want to.

But we're all different and if the E-cig is working for you then that's the important thing.
I got nuthin

id seriously take a look at chantix, ive seen it work for 2 people who have smoked for 30 years for the one and about 20 for the other, just follow the directions.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.