Tiger6513

Smoking is not good but...

About 2 months ago I decided to quit smoking regular cigs, I still have a nicotine addiction but I am now using e-cigs instead. For those who know an E-Cig or electronic cigarette is a form of PV (personal vaporizing) in which a liguid is turned into vapor using an atomizer. I still get nicotine but no carcinogens and no stank. Just wanted to see what people here think of this relativly new method to "quit" smoking regular butts... 2 part poll
1st what do you think, second for Current Smokers OnLy please, would you try this?

btw I don't sell anything and am not affiliated in anyway with any company, just curious as to what you guys and gals think
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

Thats a brief survey, the site http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com has all sorts of great information about E-cigs. I can personally say I have been smoke free for almost 2 months, thats zero real cigs. I use the E-cig less now than I did when I started and it seems to do the trick for me. Andy smoking is an addiction to nicotine but also a habit that is very hard to break, I have found more success with this method than the gum or patch or hypnosis, I still have a "cig" in my hand and I inhale "smoke (aka water vapor and nicotine + flavor)" and blow out a cloud that doesnt linger or smell offensive.

It's a filthy and selfish addiction/habit. Anything that helps people kick it is a good thing.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I agree, it's hard for us to quit though.... on the other hand I was always polite as a "cigarette" smoker, never smoked in the car unless with another smoker, never inside, and never ever in front of or directly near children.

never smoked in the car unless with another smoker, never inside, and never ever in front of or directly near children.

it was always cool to see people actively trying - my old man smoked his whole life and quitting was a very hard thing for him to finally succeed in

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My father finally quit for good when he was 65. His first grandchild was busy being born, and Dad said he didn't want his grandchildren to have a smoking grandfather.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

it was always cool to see people actively trying - my old man smoked his whole life and quitting was a very hard thing for him to finally succeed in

While I have never smoked, the only thing that I have seen work (permanently) for the friends and family I love is "cold turkey".

Everyone is different, but in my circle of friends/family I knew five smokers. Three quit cold turkey (30 years, 10 years, and Three years sober) and two have tried everything else (even hypnosis) and eventually return to smoking regularly. Both of the latter have been trying on and off for 20 years.

One can see why I support the cold turkey method--it seems to be the most-supported method for all other addictions. I do not know of any other addiction that offers so many--seemingly ineffecient--methods for cessation other than smoking.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Anything that helps people kick it is a good thing.

You know, now that I think about it--per my earlier post--I want to say neither of the latter two ever tried "cold turkey".

They tried everything else, though, that is for sure. One of the latter has the means to pay for a trip to the moon and have virgin astronauts hand-pour moon water down her throat if it would help her quit, and still nothing has worked for her. [:/] I am confident, however, she has not tried--you know--actually just quitting cold turkey.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Anything that helps people kick it is a good thing.

You know, not that I think about it--per my earlier post--I want to say neither of the latter two ever tried "cold turkey".

They tried everything else, though, that is for sure. One of the latter has the means to pay for a trip to the moon and have virgin astronauts hand-pour moon water down her throat if it would help her quit, and still nothing has worked for her. [:/] I am confident, however, she has not tried--you know--actually just quitting cold turkey.

I quit cold turkey..frokm a 4 pack a dat habit...BUT, I had to put something that meant more to me on the line than my pleasure...My word!

I swore to my wife, (after "opening" a fresh pack) I would not smoke another cigerrette! she said If I lasted 2 weeks, she would quit too! The open pack seemed to make it easier!

That was 1983....haven't touched one since, other than to pick up other peoples garbage !>:(

Gotta challenge yourself, if it is to please others, yoru odds are slim! JMO

I quit smoking a year ago.

I quit by deciding it was time to quit and I quit. Used the gum for about a couple of weeks to help get over the very first, but after that the only way to stay not smoking is to not smoke.

You'll never quit smoking, you'll only not smoke. The difference is to not take the first puff of another cigarette. If you can keep from that first puff, then you'll have it beat!

The rest is just gimmicks!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I quit smoking a year ago.

I quit by deciding it was time to quit and I quit. Used the gum for about a couple of weeks to help get over the very first, but after that the only way to stay not smoking is to not smoke.

You'll never quit smoking, you'll only not smoke. The difference is to not take the first puff of another cigarette. If you can keep from that first puff, then you'll have it beat!

The rest is just gimmicks!

I am not sure how you see tweekers in your job..NUT...that is exactly what they are dealng with...they (most of them anyway) were not bad people, thye played with a bad drug, and it took their soul litterally!

I am a recovered meth addict, I knwo how it happens...it is siuckening the lives it ruins, but it isn;t bad peo-ple (usually0 just an addiction that is 1000 times stronger than tobaco...stopping smoking was nothing, compared to giving up the burn!

I will never want another cigerrette...I crave a line every day!

I saw more tweekers growing up in North Texas then I do in the part of Texas I live at now, but I can understand what you're saying.

As for the smoking, its literally every day I think about smoking. It was something that I had really enjoyed and had done for 14 years. It was time to quit, though, so I did.

Good job staying off the smack!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

BTW , clean for just under 16 years!B|

20 years this August for me and 15 years since my last smoke.
1st rule of quiting smoking, DONT BUY THEM, if you havn't got them you cant smoke 'em
All the patches gums "E" devices are just gimmicks and enablers.
Smoke if you want to, i dont care either way, but if you are stopping then STOP smoking and Stop bullshitting if you dont.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

We had two guys in our office get them. Both went back to real smokes. I still may give it a try though. It was kinda funny seeing peoples reactions as they puffed away on them in the office though. One woman tried to say that she could smell the electronic smokes. They are completely odorless though. Made a big stink about it (no pun intended).
Dom

E-cigs can be a lot of fun in the right places... like airports. Security people are programmed to go bugshit when they see defiance or rules broken, and they do...till they get close enough to realize you have not, in fact, just lit up a cigarette in the terminal, at which point they go away, looking disappointed.

I put the use of e-cigs in no-smoking locations down under "obnoxious behavior, creative forms of"
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.