jumpwally

Suicide from 47 floors....

I heard on the radio this morning, some dummy in New York jumps out of the 47th floor or so....lands in the back of a vehicle and lives,,,broken legs and some internal damage is what was being reported at the time.......

and here, our friends go in from a 100 feet with fabric over their heads ,,,,incredible...:(
smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

reminds me of that joke,

Instructor: what do you do if you pull the main chute and nothing happens?

Student: Pull the reserve

Instructor: What if nothing happens when you pull your reserve?

Student: Track for my riggers's car.

Maybe there's something to it.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Witnesses and police said 22-year-old Thomas Magill jumped from the high-rise at West 63rd Street on Tuesday and landed in the backseat area of a Dodge Charger

Suicide jumpers don't general lee get that lucky.

Ha Ha. I see what ya did there.;)

ETA: For the record, I have ZERO sympathy for someone who does this soley selfish act. If someone kills themself, they will get nothing but ridicule and joking about it from me.
Muff #5048

And it's illegal in NY so they'll probably charge him with a crime to add to his troubles.

Has anyone ever been convicted of it? I mean, seriously, how bad of a lawyer would you have to have not to get off not guilty by reason of mental defect or insanity.

And it's illegal in NY so they'll probably charge him with a crime to add to his troubles.

Has anyone ever been convicted of it? I mean, seriously, how bad of a lawyer would you have to have not to get off not guilty by reason of mental defect or insanity.

Never heard of anybody thrown in jail or convicted of attempted suicide. I do understand that a week's stay in a mental hospital or at least some counseling sessions is mandatory at a minimum. May vary depending on the locale. A few years back we took in a 19 year old girl who was in a coma for 2 weeks after an OD, because she had no place to stay, and she was ordered by a court to attend counseling sessions. Once she completed the sessions, we let her go back to her life, wherever it took her.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yes, I have seen patients in California who were convicted after attempt at suicide. One was by arson, the other by gun. I think the latter got some reckless endangerment charge.

Witnesses and police said 22-year-old Thomas Magill jumped from the high-rise at West 63rd Street on Tuesday and landed in the backseat area of a Dodge Charger

ETA: For the record, I have ZERO sympathy for someone who does this soley selfish act. If someone kills themself, they will get nothing but ridicule and joking about it from me.

Why? Everyone has the right to prematurely end their lives if they wish to do so. Just as long as they do it without directly harming others.

Do you also ridicule people who smoke, drink alcohol, eat unhealthy, don't exercise etc.? Because all that shit is just another form of slow suicide.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Do you also ridicule people who smoke, drink alcohol, eat unhealthy, don't exercise etc.? Because all that shit is just another form of slow suicide.

Not necessarily :P
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2014332,00.html

Experimental Research suggests that — for reasons that aren't entirely clear — abstaining from alcohol does tend to increase one's risk of dying, even when you exclude former problem drinkers.

Not necessarily :P
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2014332,00.html

Experimental Research suggests that — for reasons that aren't entirely clear — abstaining from alcohol does tend to increase one's risk of dying, even when you exclude former problem drinkers.

Even though heavy drinking is associated with higher risk for cirrhosis and several types of cancer (particularly cancers in the mouth and esophagus)

One important reason is that alcohol lubricates so many social interactions, and social interactions are vital for maintaining mental and physical health. As I pointed out last year, nondrinkers show greater signs of depression than those who allow themselves to join the party.

So it is not alcohol itself which is healthy for you. Its the positive social side effects of consuming a diluted solvent.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Obviously you've never had a loved one who's depression took them to the point where they were contemplating such a move.

How does it feel up on your high horse?

and here, our friends go in from a 100 feet with fabric over their heads ,,,,incredible...

Its just proof that if it isnt your time, it isnt your time.

In the pic that I attached. Black guy in the middle with the beard. He went in from about 2k with maybe 5 feet of material out. He lived, this pic was taken maybe a year and a half after he basically bounced. He was broke up pretty good, but he recovered. It just wasnt his time.
Dom