Roxxx

Warning: Plastic Bottle Bombs, Do Not Move, Do Not Touch

I got this link from a friend today, it's marked as being true on Snopes... >:(:(

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp

Blue Skies, "Keep It Simple and Safe"
Roxxx

Keeping up for Deedy . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I got this link from a friend today, it's marked as being true on Snopes... >:(:(

Roxxx

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Roxxx

While true, it's also something that ought to be perfectly obvious to anyone approaching it. The bottles will not look "normal" and will be capped. The same type of "bomb" can be made any one of a number of ways including just shoving some dry ice into a bottle and capping it. They're mostly noise makers.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Roxxx

While true, it's also something that ought to be perfectly obvious to anyone approaching it. The bottles will not look "normal" and will be capped.

You're grossly overestimating the intelligence of many people.

I know many people who would never think that bottle in their yard is going to blow up, even if it looks deformed.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

911 on the trash, if your perspective is that limited...
The details are if something is in it and it has a lid on it... but, yeah, more f'kn reasons to put more control in place... because we live in a world of adult babies...

Yesterday my car battery went dead
Security had me fill out a form with name, address, license...
then, used a portable battery that did not work...
The system they work in runs on fear of somthing going wrong, so, couldn't use their truck for the jump...

I had to tell them to leave so I could find an adult without fear of helping someone...

Fear based systems... they're out there and growing.

From my experience draino bombs usually begin to expand as soon as the draino and tinfoil are mixed in the bottle. I dont see how they are setting them up so that they don't explode right away.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

From my experience draino bombs usually begin to expand as soon as the draino and tinfoil are mixed in the bottle. I dont see how they are setting them up so that they don't explode right away.

I could set one up that doesn't detonate until its disturbed... but throwing it out of a car while in motion... that would be tricky.

Could they have some sort of barrier inside that the drano would eventually eat through and expose the foil after the placement? (ie, a condom, water balloon or such)

Roxxx

While true, it's also something that ought to be perfectly obvious to anyone approaching it. The bottles will not look "normal" and will be capped. The same type of "bomb" can be made any one of a number of ways including just shoving some dry ice into a bottle and capping it. They're mostly noise makers.

mostly noise makers, but can be very dangerous. I knew a guy, who decided to play with dry ice to make one, it went off in his hand, and the shards of plastic, hardened like glass, dug deep into his arm, lucky for him, it missed his artery .
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720