Nataly

A theory about "finding the right guy"

Of course, small women with little hands do have unique redeeming qualities all of their own... ;)

Little shoes?? ;)

Ummm... no... not exactly what I meant... but they can stand closer to the kitchen sink... :D:D:D

That is why we haven't put a woman on the moon yet.

There's nothing to clean there.
:ph34r:

Of course, small women with little hands do have unique redeeming qualities all of their own... ;)

Little shoes?? ;)

Ummm... no... not exactly what I meant... but they can stand closer to the kitchen sink... :D:D:D

Oh, I dunno, I'd bet our guys left some empty Bud cans and dirty underwear behind a moon rock somewhere!

:D

Little shoes?? ;)

Oh, I dunno, I'd bet our guys left some empty Bud cans and dirty underwear behind a moon rock somewhere!

:D

I told my laundry service to use more soap on the underwear.

They said to use more paper on the a$$.
;)

Don't even get me started on that one, N@t!!!!

Y'all women profess to not being mind-readers, yet you expect us guys to be!!???

Bollocks!

>:(>:(:S:ph34r:

Well, we could probably all do with being better communicators, I'll give you that...

But I think men are not the only ones who suffer from unrequited love... And as painful as it might be for a guy to be "just friends" with the girl he loves, I'm sure it's every bit as painful to be "just buddies" with a guy - or worse, "just fuck-buddies"... Perhaps the difference is that in order to have her in your life, you have to forgo sex, and the opposite might be the case for women. I know this is a controversial way to look at it, but it happens, and it's pretty emotionally hurtful.

Still, I think we make choices in life and staying in an unbalanced/unhealthy relationship (friendship or otherwise) is a choice. Not showing your feelings is a choice. Not moving on after you've tried and been rejected is a choice.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Only a moron would willingly walk into the "friend zone".

Why? Simple. The moment a woman sees a guy as a friend.....well then he gets put in the back of the line. She will date about two to three dozen tools....get screwed by all of them....cry on the "friends" shoulders....giving the poor dumb ass hope. AND then have the balls to sit around bitching about "Why can't I find a good guy!"

YO MORON! DUMB ASS! That "good guy" that was the guy who's shoulder you were crying on when the last tool dumped your sorry ass.
So what happens?

Well two things. One the dumb ass friend hangs around till the girl of his dreams is ridden hard and put up wet and then she finally comes to the conclusion that "Oh yeah he is a good guy!" but by then she has more emotional baggage then a 747 comming in from India! OR...the guy friend finally says screw this and goes off and finds another girl.

I've seen this about 10 times. My favorite one thus far has to be one where this guy had a crush on this girl since highschool. But she was tool food. She was passed from one tool to antoher as if she were some sort of baton.

Long story short she eventually got knocked up by one of the tools. She as a single mom suddenly was very limited as to who she could attract. So all of a sudden out of the corner of her eyes she sees "the friend" and she harpooned that SOB like a Japaneese whaling ship taking out Willy!

Quickly pulled him out of the water processed him bought a house together and they just had their first kid together last year. Is he happy? Sure! I mean he finally got the girl! yeah but it would have been better if she had noticed him before she was damaged goods.

To think for all those years "Mr. Right" was right in front of her eyes. Right there...all the time with a big fat shit eating grin on his face!

I've also seen guys say the hell with it and leave the girl high and dry when she was spit out by life.
And I've seen guys do the same.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Only a moron would willingly walk into the "friend zone".

And you wonder why you are divorced?

Actually that's a very long very sad story and only my close friends know how it all went down and I wish to keep it that way.
It's not something I wanted it's not something I wish on any one. And yes she was my very close friend and soul mate and I wish I could some how fix what broke years ago but....well now I have to pay for things that I had nothing to do with.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>Only a moron would willingly walk into the "friend zone".

Call me a moron, then. Four or five times I've ended up in relationships that lasted years. Once it was a friend of my girlfriend of the time. Once it was a friend of mine from a play we were doing over the summer. Once it was someone who I had been friends with (and had been skydiving with) for years.

>YO MORON! DUMB ASS! That "good guy" that was the guy who's
>shoulder you were crying on when the last tool dumped your sorry ass.

There are a lot of 'good guys' (and good women) out there. That's not sufficient qualification to enter into a serious relationship with someone.

I'm friends with a lot of people at the DZ, at work and in the neighborhood. About half are women. About a dozen are people I would consider very good friends. Wouldn't want to go out with any of them, though.

>before she was damaged goods.

She was "damaged goods" because she had a kid?

Shah, if there is no attraction, why should a girl "settle" for a guy just because he's a friend and happens to like her?? That doesn't make him Mr. Right!! Christ! Being a "nice guy" is one thing, but you have to be compatible - sheesh! You're completely contradicting yourself! You argue that it's perfectly acceptable for you not to lower your standards, yet you think it's ok for a woman to lower hers just because the guy likes her??

Hmmm...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You argue that it's perfectly acceptable for you not to lower your standards, yet you think it's ok for a woman to lower hers just because the guy likes her??

That would certainly make my life easier.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Here's my "theory."

You bump into someone someday somewhere and you "build" a life!

NickD :)

But if it's that easy, then we'd have to eliminate all self-help sections of the bookstores and wipe out all magazines in the Cosmo and Men's Health genres. Wait, maybe that's a good thing!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Here's my "theory."

You bump into someone someday somewhere and you "build" a life!

NickD :)

But if it's that easy, then we'd have to eliminate all self-help sections of the bookstores and wipe out all magazines in the Cosmo and Men's Health genres. Wait, maybe that's a good thing!

It would save a lot of fucking trees that's for sure. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

To think for all those years "Mr. Right" was right in front of her eyes. Right there...all the time with a big fat shit eating grin on his face!

He was never the "Mr. Right". She just realized what most women realize by the time they hit 35. They're running out of time and out of options. And they need to settle asap or otherwise they'll become the crazy cat lady with 12 cats.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

At 46, I don't feel so much like I'm running out of options as I think there are fewer men who would make the cut as life partner material.If I had 100 men standing in front of me, many would be kind, wonderful guys to have as friends, a few would remain superficial acquaintances, some would get the Big N-O, and a small handful would be in the running for the mature, compassionate, loyal, multi-dimensional, funny, caring, patient man who is interested in making a woman a priority in his life.

Right now I'm investing some time and energy into getting really, really, REALLY clear on what it is I want in a life partner.That's been MY issue--not lack of options.

*maybe this has been said by someone else. no, i didn't read all 8 zillion posts lol..

Shah, if there is no attraction, why should a girl "settle" for a guy just because he's a friend and happens to like her?? That doesn't make him Mr. Right!! Christ! Being a "nice guy" is one thing, but you have to be compatible - sheesh!

Hey! And I'm to do the same!
Come on now! If there is no attraction for you and you don't want to "settle" why should any guy! Let alone me! After all I like me :)
But yes you are right there has to be attraction..
And sadly, and I have no idea why, you women no matter where you are from or how you were brought up will never date any of your "friends" or find any "nice guy" attractive.
I've had better success point blank telling a girl "Ah your ok! But what's your friends name." than being nice.
Sad? Yeah! Because I'm actually a nice guy!
Why? Who knows!

Hey, Shah;
Put on a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, and then take another photo to compare with this.:D

I know! Moby is a great dude!
Actually on the days I don't shave my head i actually look more like
http://screencrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tom-cruise-les-grossman-7-6-10-kc.jpg
If you can't laugh at your self you have no right to laugh at any one else :)

LMAO!:D
I'd say you need to make a video!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well before the movie cam out i bought a pair of Oakley glasses
http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/145/663/377/zegs.jpg
Which look amazingly like the ones he wares in the movie!
I laughed my ass off when i saw that! :)

since this thread is about a theory, my question is sort of a corollary to the theory.

women during/after military service. I have heard some comments.

during military service - guys are in shape, active, have spending money for fun stuff. the ratio is 50-1 so they can be selective.

after service - the average civilian. ratio is more even.
their choices degrade.

i have heard women discuss their disappointment in
their after-service dating.

comments ?