Nataly

A theory about "finding the right guy"

since this thread is about a theory, my question is sort of a corollary to the theory.

women during/after military service. I have heard some comments.

during military service - guys are in shape, active, have spending money for fun stuff. the ratio is 50-1 so they can be selective.

after service - the average civilian. ratio is more even.
their choices degrade.

i have heard women discuss their disappointment in
their after-service dating.

comments ?

It has to be better than during-service dating. Male Marines don't want to hook up with female Marines, unless the woman is willing to subjugate her career to his. Instead, the guys want elementary school teachers and nurses who will follow them around the world and take care of the kids. Besides, I think the guys tend to get a little wary of the possibility that a Marine girlfriend/wife might be a better Marine (shooter, pilot, runner, etc) than him.

Disclaimer: yes, I have known exceptions, but they are very few and far between.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

To quote a friend of mine who was a female engineering student but went into teaching instead of engineering.
"Shit you mean I have to shave my legs now!"

When it's 50-1, any girl can point at two guys have them fight to the death and the winner will be told when he will pick up the girl, where they will go, what she will eat and she may give the guy a hug at the end of the evening.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

womens magazines are starting to get better articles. :ph34r:

Did you photoshop that magazine cover? ;)

Can't believe chicks read that stuff. No wonder you guys think we're all manipulative and shallow, and just looking for a husband. You've been reading Vogue!

Hint: don't hold your breath to see any of the advice from those articles put into action. :o:S:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

womens magazines are starting to get better articles. :ph34r:

Did you photoshop that magazine cover? ;)

Can't believe chicks read that stuff. No wonder you guys think we're all manipulative and shallow, and just looking for a husband. You've been reading Vogue!

Hint: don't hold your breath to see any of the advice from those articles put into action. :o:S:D

I'm just providing education to the public (but my best luck is with the gullible). :)

Surprisingly, I do have an opening in my private instruction schedule. B|

I've had better success point blank telling a girl "Ah your ok! But what's your friends name." than being nice.
Sad? Yeah! Because I'm actually a nice guy!
Why? Who knows!

this is sad but true... If I am myself (nice, mostly, some here who know me can attest) I end up with alot of friends (never enough friends but....) if I play cool, disinterested, aloof, arrogant asshole (which admittedly I can be as well, but its far more of a mask) it is like fishing with grenades... to easy...

nice finishes last, by the time anyone recognizes you might have been the best choice available they are to far down the road in their current trainwreck and whatever moment you could have had is past...

sad but truth.

I personally have to disagree - I *love* nice guys & think it's an essential quality in a partner. But nice guys have to also have a personality & be funny/cheeky as well. Self-assurance is sexy - being a doormat is not (IMO).

As for "dating outside of the service"... I found the attention I got whilst I was in the military to be a major turn-off, so I was definitely NOT disappointed that the "civilians" were much more polite / subtle / uninterested!! Plus, not every guy in the military wants to shag you just because you're the only girl - some guys absolutely hate you just because you're a girl!!! So not all the "attention" is "positive"...

So I don't miss all the attention, but I really miss the banter.. Military folk have a great sense of humour and you meet some exceptionally hilarious pranksters! For some reason, you don't seem to get anyone gluing every item on the boss' desk with 2-ton epoxy in the corporate world!!! :D:D And I have yet to see a corporate 'do where a bunch of drunken guys decide that a food-fight, followed by streaking is a good idea! :ph34r::ph34r:

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Being an ass worked great last night.
Want to get a girls attention, talk to her friend.
I don't want to be an ass....it's not who I am....but....if I want to disable your bitch shield....well I have to make you feel like shit for about 10min.
And then the next day I can say something nice via a text or an email and....well....you will then ask me out.
Sick? YEAH! But it's how you ladies work!

FYI
Bumped into a girl last night at the local bar, very forward very must doing the leading. I greatly enjoyed it but sadly I was very tired by the time I bumped into her. Of the thee girls I bumped into she's the one I said sorry to for leaving early and she's the one I asked out. So taking the lead....is a nice thing. And keeps us guys from having to act like assholes.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!