Nataly

A theory about "finding the right guy"

I hope you don't mind the humor in this, but.... I think there could be a sequel, or hell, a remake to Shallow Hal that Jack Black and Gwyneth Paltrow was in....

Call it Shallow Shah. Same story.... :D

Do you realize the area where the Farrelly Brothers hail from.. I think they already did:ph34r::ph34r:

Your thoughts, attitude, and approach are clearly working well for you.

Actually it has been ok.
I would say I've been single for a little over 8 months and I've dated 4 different girls thus far.
The one I liked the most....and who was just amazing....sadly....it was not going to work.
She lived in NYC and I live an hour and a half away.
And sadly we could only see each other on the week ends and since I go to school every saturday it just became too much after about a month and a half.
Shame too. Becasue she was not only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside.
And she liked spone bob as much as i do :-)

So yeah it works but.....geography and funding have been my issues thus far. I hope things get better. And I'm sure they will. After all it may be great to find Mr. or Ms. Right but they have to live close enough for you to really get to know them.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I happen to be a size 8, well educated, highly paid, independent hottie who wouldn't touch you with a 10 foot pole!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I love smart women!!!

O

+1 :)

+2 :ph34r:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci~

Kind of off topic (or not), but interesting all the same:

How to Convert Men's Clothing Sizes to Women's
By an eHow Contributor
I want to do this! What's This?
Men's sizes are generally taken in terms of waist measurements. Meanwhile, women's clothing is generally less intuitive, with sizes ranging from 0 to 24 or larger. While there is no simple formula to convert all men's sizes to women's sizes, you can have a general idea of what to expect based on knowing your own measurements.
Difficulty: Easy
Instructions
Subtract 21 inches from the waist measurement of pants to convert it into the women's pant size. The inseam measurement, usually the second measurement on a men's pant size, should remain the same, regardless of gender. For example, if you normally wear a 31 waist, you would wear a size 10 in women's pants.

Add 2 to the men's shoe size, which will convert the size to women's. If you wear a size 9 in men's, you will wear a size 11 in women's shoes.

Converting men's shirt sizes to women's sizes is somewhat trickier. Take measurements at the chest and waist of your men's shirt size, and compare the measurements to a women's size chart.

Read more: How to Convert Men's Clothing Sizes to Women's | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5174361_convert-mens-clothing-sizes-womens.html#ixzz0yDaYagOB

Shah, I think what everyone is objecting to is not your personal tastes.. If you announced that you had a natural preference for one-legged midgets, I'm sure no one would care. It's that you keep going on about your (slightly offensive) views as though everyone ought to (or does) think the same way.

Listen, we all understand the concept of supply and demand. In the "real world" I am not the kind of girl that gets hit on much at all. When I was in the military, I got TONS of attention. But let me tell you this: not only was all that attention a complete turn off, but it also came with a healthy dose of bullshit I had to put up with (also because I was a girl, and a minority). Now, I know that lots of the men I worked with thought women had an easy time because they had more breaks than men, but I sure as hell didn't feel like I had ANY advantages whilst I worked there - in fact, quite the opposite.

So for all the (probably unwanted) attention the engineer girls get from the engineer geeks, they probably have to put up with a hell of a lot of crap as well. So I highly doubt that it's "every ugly girl's heaven" like you seem to think...

You can like any type of girl you want, but when you judge other people's behaviour based on your own personal set of values... Well, that's what people are responding to.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Shah, I think what everyone is objecting to is [SNIP] Well, that's what people are responding to.

And that is what he is accomplishing . . . how many women have been paying him attention? Good attention . . . bad attention . . . does it really matter on the internet?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

So if you were to bump into Mr. Right while you were in the military would you have seen him? Noticed he existed?

As for the engineering girls, it was a case of here is girl (A) Engineer wearing ok clothes, baggy shirt and baggy pants and flats. And here is girl (B) Works for a large bank wearing a skirt and high heels and hair in check. Who would the guys talk to?
Well I can tell you, they talked to girl (B). Evolution, it's a bitch.

Engineering girl went from getting all the attention to next to nothing. Thus the question which I asked you. Where would she notice Mr. Right?
In the office or at some meeting where she got all the attention in the world......or at the bar? Where she got next to nothing?

Maybe you bumped into Mr. Right when you were in the military. Maybe he did say hi. Maybe he did extend you a good bit of hospitality. But.....you just didn't notice it. And now you are looking for what was there all the time but you missed out. Because you were dealing with too much noise.
Which was my initial point before the thread hijack.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Would I have noticed if I had met Mr. Right in the military? Probably not.

Like I said before, some of what you posted was quite good. The bit about the "noise" makes sense. As does your theory of supply/demand. But sometimes, Shah, what you say is downright offensive. And not because it's "the truth"... I can handle "the truth" just fine, thank you very much.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Would I have noticed if I had met Mr. Right in the military? Probably not.

Like I said before, some of what you posted was quite good. The bit about the "noise" makes sense. As does your theory of supply/demand. But sometimes, Shah, what you say is downright offensive. And not because it's "the truth"... I can handle "the truth" just fine, thank you very much.

Telling you ... if it made sense, its because someone else posted under his name that day. Or ... perhaps he remembered to take his medication :ph34r: ...

O

Shame. I'm sure he was a very nice guy.
But such is life. We don't know what we have till it's gone.

And so link me into where you were offended?

Shame. I'm sure he was a very nice guy.
But such is life. We don't know what we have till it's gone.

And so link me into where you were offended?

The only time love is truly blind, is if the poor guy is a cube jockey for a decade or more and become some sort of lab rat due to lack of human contact and thus no longer remembers what his "mate choice" is and is just happy not to be alone.
And that hardly qualifies as love, that's just settling.

engineering girls....eeeeeeeewwwww!!!
Why would I want to date them let alone be friends with them!

And thus why some guys say "screw this" and pull away from society totally or if they have the cash (about $5k) they buy love from Eastern Europe.

But you just can't go out and harpoon every thing either. I know many a + sized girls who did that around graduation time of the engineering school.
And now are very unhappy. Why? Well they found a Mr.......but it wasn't right. They picked up Mr. Pussy Whipped. And what self respecting woman wants that? You want a partner not some guy who says yes and sorry every 30 seconds.

And I know a few guys who after a while just said "the hell with this" and went out and bought Ms......how do you say comes with an extended warantee in Russian? Are they happy? Sadly and I hate to say this because it does seem very sad....YEAH! Well for now anyways.

I won't go on - there are so many...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

And thus why some guys say "screw this" and pull away from society totally or if they have the cash (about $5k) they buy love from Eastern Europe.

"Thanks" for pointing out one more thing to get offended about - I had missed this one, as at some point I started skipping over this individual's posts.

I happen to be from Eastern Europe ... nobody "bought" me and I worked my ass off to get where I am ... I do pretty well for myself.

O

"Thanks" for pointing out one more thing to get offended about - I had missed this one, as at some point I started skipping over this individual's posts.

I happen to be from Eastern Europe ... nobody "bought" me and I worked my ass off to get where I am ... I do pretty well for myself.

O

Yep, that one made me cringe... :S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

O

They didn't?

Why Not?

Were you over charging?

:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

> it was a case of here is girl (A) Engineer wearing ok clothes, baggy shirt
> and baggy pants and flats. And here is girl (B) Works for a large bank
> wearing a skirt and high heels and hair in check. Who would the guys talk
> to?

Personally woman (A), if that's the only differentiator.

A few other scenarios:

You're at the DZ at 10am. Two women show up. Woman A is in shorts and a T-shirt; she just went for a run and is now going to shower and fill in on an 8-way team. Woman B has big hair, high heels, makeup and is going to make a tandem.

Which one will the guys talk to? At most DZ's it will be A.

You're learning to fly. You have two female instructors at different points. Woman A wears jeans and sweaters, smells like soap, and has her hair in a ponytail; she's also a shit-hot pilot. Woman B wears skirts, smells like a perfume counter, has big hair, and frets over her lipstick. Flying makes her a little nervous, and she's not very good at turns-around-a-point.

Which one will most male student pilots be more taken with? For most pilots I know it would be A.

Now, in both cases, the drunk college student may well go for the high heels and big hair. But that reflects more negatively on the drunk college students than on anyone else.

O

For some guys....that's the answer to the question of "Where is Ms. Right."
Not my thing, but you can't fault them.
They may be very shy but well off and instead of risking their ego they are more willing to risk their money.
And I know two guys who did this and well one is very happy and the other has done a 180. For a guy who had a hard time standing up and saying hi now he is fully capable of giving sales pitches.
Is it for everyone? No. Should you be offended? As a woman i can see where you are coming from. For these two guys "cheated" they stopped playing the game. The game you have no choice but to play with hopes that one day you find Mr. Right.

And I wold go for (B). Simple, business majors with an MBA make more money than engineers. And I have no problem being married to a woman who makes more money than me.
But that's me. My thoughts my view of things. Odds are they will not be yours.

Oh geez turtle... being stuck in the "friends zone" for even a moment makes your chances of ever scoring with a gal astronomical! Not even icons of geek-dom like Spock or CMDR Data could calculate those odds! :D

I think guys get "stuck in the friend zone" either because:

-He has never made his feelings clear.
-She's just not attracted to the guy.

So the problem isn't necessarily that she views him as non-dating material.. I mean, if you never make your intentions known, what do you expect? If you don't try, why are you surprised if "nothing happens"? We're not fucking mind-readers!!

As for the cases where it's clear the guy has a crush and still nothing happens, well, if you've tried and been rejected, it's a choice you make to keep the person as a friend. And if that's what you choose, you can't exactly be surprised that nothing happens...

Well, my point exactly! If a gal puts you (a guy) on her "just friends" ladder. You're pretty much stuck there and subject to a "ball kicking" if you try to jump ladders.

We're not fucking mind-readers!!

>:(

Don't even get me started on that one, N@t!!!!

Y'all women profess to not being mind-readers, yet you expect us guys to be!!???

Bollocks!

>:(>:(:S:ph34r:

You know that's the thing isn't it?
Mr. or Ms. Right is not about how much they turn you on physically but also mentally.
Not easy! Not common! Not going to happen to everyone [:/]