RALFFERS

Quit smoking

I quit smoking a little over 4 years ago, & for the most part, it has been smooth sailing for those 4 years. But as of the last few days - I'd damn near kill someone for a cigarette; it is driving me INSANE! Normally, [not that this has happened before] I'd have a drink to curb any sort of craving, but I'm on an antibiotic - ironically due to an infection of the upper airway, so I can't drink.

I realized that the only reason I quit was because of my health; my lungs are pretty trashed - but that aside, I enjoyed smoking - and still would. Nothing like coffee & a cigarette in the morning - and then breakfast.

Can't really think of why I'm having such intense cravings now, after all this time, but it is driving me FUCKING NUTS!...APE SHIT EVEN!
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I heard that smokers who quit still have nicotine trapped in certain areas of the body including the ribs. When they dislodge you get a fix and then the withdrawal.

This is something I read a few years ago and not having a medical background I would get it verified.

When I quit, it took a good year to get cravings that lasted for quite some time. I gave into them and I still smoke today.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I am 12 days short of three years quit and for the most part its been no problem but two weeks ago, for reasons I still can't figure out, I had a hell of a time making myself not go to a store and buy a pack. Thankfully, the urge subsided and hasn't been a problem since. Guess it'll always be that way from time to time.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Been 18yrs for me and I still get the odd craving.
All I can say is tough it out, it will pass, and it does get easier.
My wife smokes and her habit does not give me cravings.
Cravings arrive out of the blue for no decernable reason.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I had quit cold turkey and I lasted for 3 years with zero cravings. I think I had no cravings because I trained my mind to feel disgusted when I thought of smoking.

But, I caved... at a gathering... because, I was drunk... and thought a few wouldn't hurt. A few days later, I bought a pack and felt like utter shit doing so (major guilt trip). I've been smoking again... for... 3 months now? IDK. But, I'm already coughing up things big time and I hate it all. I think my body is trying to tell me I'm an idiot.
Don't forget to pull!

I had quit cold turkey and I lasted for 3 years with zero cravings. I think I had no cravings because I trained my mind to feel disgusted when I thought of smoking.

But, I caved... at a gathering... because, I was drunk... and thought a few wouldn't hurt. A few days later, I bought a pack and felt like utter shit doing so (major guilt trip). I've been smoking again... for... 3 months now? IDK. But, I'm already coughing up things big time and I hate it all. I think my body is trying to tell me I'm an idiot.

Think you're an idiot...I'm the 1 with the upper airway infection & eating antibiotics breakfast, lunch & dinner. If I don't buy a pack tomorrow it'll be a good day.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Tomorrow will be a good day.
You will resist, because you know it's good for you, Deep down inside you know with all your heart that it's good for you, and you will be a stronger person for resisting an incredably strong addiction.

And if you can't do it for yourself, do it for the people around you.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I quit smoking a little over 4 years ago, & for the most part, it has been smooth sailing for those 4 years. But as of the last few days - I'd damn near kill someone for a cigarette; it is driving me INSANE! Normally, [not that this has happened before] I'd have a drink to curb any sort of craving, but I'm on an antibiotic - ironically due to an infection of the upper airway, so I can't drink.

I realized that the only reason I quit was because of my health; my lungs are pretty trashed - but that aside, I enjoyed smoking - and still would. Nothing like coffee & a cigarette in the morning - and then breakfast.

Can't really think of why I'm having such intense cravings now, after all this time, but it is driving me FUCKING NUTS!...APE SHIT EVEN!

Ummm...I think I left 1/2 a pack in your car, under the front seat! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Been 18yrs for me and I still get the odd craving.
All I can say is tough it out, it will pass, and it does get easier.
My wife smokes and her habit does not give me cravings.
Cravings arrive out of the blue for no decernable reason.

Pretty much ditto what Steve said. I quit 27 years ago and very occasionally when around someone smoking I will get a small craving.

For the fellow above that is 9 months in....hang in there, you are over the worst and your life will be way better without smoking.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey