billvon

Just for Shah

I have never heard a woman say "I'd never date a guy with a waist measurement of more than 32."

maybe not in those words, but I have heard:

Won't date a fat guy
Won't date a bald guy
Won't date a guy with body hair

The list goes on and on. And it is perfectly understandable, there has to be physical attraction. Why get mad at a guy when he says the same?

I won't date a chubby or fat chic. Just like many women will not date a chubby or fat guy.

>Women are just as shallow as men are.

Well, it would be more accurate to say that there are about as many shallow women as there are shallow men. And if you go looking for someone who meets that list of physical criteria (or has enough money, or has high heels or whatever) odds are you'll meet someone as shallow as that as well.

By and large, people deserve who they end up with (IMO.)

A picture of a few women engineers. (Bet you can't find em!)

Their knees are too pointy. All of them are 2/10 AT BEST. Yes, I've had better.

LOL just kidding. Knowing that some are engineers makes them look hotter to me. Intelligence adds bonus points.
Don't forget to pull!

Well, it would be more accurate to say that there are about as many shallow women as there are shallow men. And if you go looking for someone who meets that list of physical criteria (or has enough money, or has high heels or whatever) odds are you'll meet someone as shallow as that as well.

By and large, people deserve who they end up with (IMO.)

Most if not all of us have a list of physical criteria. Length and importance are another issue.

Look the long and short of it is that you don't ever want to have to say to your friend "but he/she is really a nice person!"
The person you choose as a life partner should not only be an integral part of your life but also compliment you.

I know if I was standing next to a larger girl who dressed poorly and just didn't care about how she looked....well I wouldn't feel so good.

Now standing next to someone who is my partner who cares about how she looks as much as how I look....you know that's a start of a really healthy stable life. And it's a shame what happened with me and my X because that's exactly what we had.

I use to buy her clothes and shoes not only because I loved her and it was a way for me to show that affection but also because I thought she looked amazing!
And she did the same!

And we worked out together we went to Yoga together and took care of each other because I was proud to say "Hi I'm Shah and this is my wife!" and she was proud to say I was her husband.

Again it's a shame what happened and well I fear that I'll never find anyone who will be 10% of the partner she was. [:/] and I have to live with that.

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Do you even know what a size 8 is? Because women don't. It's a random number that means something different to each clothing manufacturer and basically totally arbitrary.

Oh, you mean like men's shoe sizes!
The icing on the cake is when the same mfgr can't decide on the physical dimensions of a size.

I once bought a new pair of Nike Pegasus running shoes to replace a 2-yo worn out pair.
I had to go up a full size to get the same fit.:S

I currently have two pairs of Pearl Izumi cycling shoes the same "size".
One fits tight, the other fits loose.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not for those of us who hate shopping. It's just frustrating. I'd just like to go in, grab something that fits my measurements, try it on once, and leave.

Wait...I thought you were a chick.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>Look the long and short of it is that you don't ever want to have to say
>to your friend "but he/she is really a nice person!"

?? I don't get it. You mean you shouldn't have to defend your choice in partners to other people? I agree; choose whoever you like for whatever reasons you like.

OTOH being a "really nice person" is not damning someone with faint praise; it's an important quality in most relationships.

>The person you choose as a life partner should not only be an integral part
>of your life but also compliment you.

An excellent point.

>I know if I was standing next to a larger girl who dressed poorly and
>just didn't care about how she looked....well I wouldn't feel so good.

Again, that's fine. It wouldn't bother me one bit. (Or, more accurately, has never bothered me.) Who the person is standing next to me is a lot more important than what they look like.

>Now standing next to someone who is my partner who cares about how
>she looks as much as how I look....you know that's a start of a really
>healthy stable life.

I can't agree that placing a really high emphasis on physical appearance leads to a "healthy stable life." People age and after a while they don't look the same. Age, injury, sun, pregnancy, disease - all take their tolls on people. If you go into a relationship and what the other person looks like is really important, it won't last long for purely physical reasons.

You can argue till the cows come home.
But you have eyes, like it or not what a person looks like matters.

And if that person looks good and turns you on the odds are you will be happy when you wake up next to them every morning.
Personality is very important! Always has been always will be!

But that being said personality does not turn on guys or get us to cross the bar to say hi.

Thus "But she's nice...." equates to "Boys it has been a long time and I just lowered my standards and went for the girl who does not turn me on but is here for me at the moment."

Looks matter they always have and they always will. You can argue till you are blue in the face about personality but evolution will just walk all over you.
We are programmed to want to be with people who WE find attractive.

And for some guys like me that would be skinny girls. For some women that's tall guys. Personality is very nice, but I can't see that from across the room. Evolution has yet to equip me with a means by which to determine some ones personality from across the room. I do have a pair of eyes and I can guess what their personality is like via how they are dressed.

That aside, we are also human and like to show off. Here I am, I work hard, I'm smart, my DNA is good and look at the mate I was able to find. He / She complements me and is not bad on the eyes.

Again, you can argue till the sun burns out. Evolution is evolution it is what it is. But look at it this way. At least you girls can move up. Eat healthy, live right, dress right and if needed hide some flaws with clothing and TADA! You are in the running. How can a guy get taller? Or make twice as much money? Or grow hair....when his DNA has said....that will be no hair.

So as noble as your argument about personality is, and it is a very noble argument which proves we as a species are more evolved than other species, we can't look past the fundamental facts on the ground.

Baring any unusual circumstances, note Heff ad his bevy of girl friends, looks matter. For looks are an indication of good or bad DNA. And thus healthy or unhealthy children.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

>We are programmed to want to be with people who WE find attractive.

For the first five minutes, yes. But evolution does not prepare us to find a lifelong mate - just one who we can have sex with rapidly and thus have lots of kids. It's worth taking more time than that to see what someone's like, IMO, even if they do not cause instant physical arousal.

However, this is a learned behavior; you have to learn to ignore your more base drives and make smarter decisions than that if you want this to work. We have a lot of practice with this anyway; from an early age we're taught you can't just eat whatever you want whenever you want, you can't pee on the floor even if you have to go, and (later) you can't have sex with someone else if they don't want to, even if you really want to. Likewise, you can heed things other than your baser instincts when you decide who to pursue as a mate.

IMO things work out better that way.

>Evolution has yet to equip me with a means by which to determine
>some ones personality from across the room.

Sure it did; it gave you a brain with higher functions. Your hypothalamus may want the hot chick in the corner, but your brain may get involved and say "dude, she smokes, she's been here drinking for three hours, and she's done nothing but giggle with her girlfriends." Or your hypothalamus may decide that the woman in the library isn't all that hot, but your brain may again get involved and say "hey, she's reading the same book I read yesterday, she looks like she just worked out." And it can even overrule a hypothalamus that makes you make bad decisions when it comes to women.

>That aside, we are also human and like to show off.

Right, but many of us don't think a trophy is all that important. (Or that being with someone who is a MD, or a PhD, or a 4-way champion, or some other level of accomplishment is a lot more impressive than being with someone who looks like a Cosmo cover.) But again, to each their own.

There are two things one whould never argue with.
1) Basic laws of physics.
2) Evolution.

You are arguing with #2.
Yes we tell our kids "it's what's on the insde that counts........" but let's honest if that were true. Would we all not be wearing the same clothes?

Don't argue with evolution, like gravity, it always wins in the end.

And if you do, and I know of many who have, one day evolution sticks its head out and it will blow you out of the water.

And for the record I would go for the giggly girl who was hanging out with her friends. I prefer social individuals to those who hide under rocks reading books. But that's what I'm looking for. Others may not.

All I have to say is take a good look in the mirror. I can not imaging how any normal, sane, non medicated thinking female could be attracted to you based on physical appearance alone. The more and more you post about a size 8 trophy wife/girlfriend standing by your side the uglier you become to me and probably every other woman you come in contact with.

I agree with lisah about you staying single.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

"like it or not what a person looks like matters"

Nope, not for me. It is truly who the person is inside.

Me thinks you're going to be single for the rest of your life.

Well for me looks matter. My looks matter and her looks matter. And that's what gets people talking at which piont we discover who we are and that is where personality comes into play.

And I'm sorry if a size medium sounds too skinny but it is what it is. And that's who I'm interested in. I'm sorry if me looking for a girl who is a size medium / 8 bothers you but I honestly don't care if you are or are not offended by what I want in a future mate. The same that I honestly don't care about what you look for in a future mate.

And I appreciate the vote of confidence. May only good things come to you as well.

oi...you guys do realize that Shah will NEVER admit that an engineer or someone who might-be-a-size-8-or-maybe-a-10-but-he-can't-really-tell could ever be hot...because i think above all else he refuses to admit he might be wrong or even able to change.

Notice how he hasn't once acknowledged the gorgeous women in the posted picture other than to joke about the showgirls' headwear. It would KILL him to admit that even ONE of those skydiving women is hot, because it would force him to admit there might be exceptions to his "rules".

That's what this is really about. ;)

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Well as a straight guy my eyes were quickly drawn to the hot chicks in the photo. Or the girl who was wearing the least ammount of clothing. Or the girl who was in the center of the shot.
Looking at the photo...it's Mis Strange Thing on her head.
She has a big smile and lots of bling.
All the other girls aer wearing nude body stalkings and well it just looks strange.
Look I'm sure If i were standig next to the two guys in the suits you wouldn't notice me either!
So how the hell is that my fault?
I just with the girl on the left with the strange thing on her head was also in the center. She looks like she is cute.

>There are two things one whould never argue with.
>1) Basic laws of physics.

Hmm. Yet we skydive.

>2) Evolution.

We argue with this every day. Every time a doctor saves someone via chemotherapy, or defibrillation, we oppose the forces of evolution. Every time a man suppresses the urge to rape a woman who is just being friendly, they are subverting the programming we all have to spread our DNA. Every time we use birth control, or decide to do something more permanent, we are ignoring the dictates of evolution. Every time we decide to eat something that's good for us instead of a case of Twinkies, we're ignoring the programming that once kept us alive in a world of scarcity.

Yet we do all those things, and we are better off for it.

>Yes we tell our kids "it's what's on the insde that counts........" but let's
> honest if that were true. Would we all not be wearing the same clothes?

Huh? How would we all decide what to wear? Would we vote?

A more pertinent question might be "but let's be honest. If that were true. Would we all not be wearing clothes from Target instead of Louis Vutton?" Answer - yes, and indeed, a great many people do.

>Don't argue with evolution, like gravity, it always wins in the end.

Again, after 6000 jumps, gravity hasn't won; at least, not with me. I've managed to use my brain (and a three pound nylon rag) to defeat its desire to smash me for years. I suppose it might win eventually, but so far so good.

>And for the record I would go for the giggly girl who was hanging out with
>her friends. I prefer social individuals to those who hide under rocks
>reading books.

Well, now see? You've magically deduced someone's personality from across the room! You can do it too.

Well as a straight guy my eyes were quickly drawn to the hot chicks in the photo. Or the girl who was wearing the least ammount of clothing. Or the girl who was in the center of the shot.
Looking at the photo...it's Mis Strange Thing on her head.
She has a big smile and lots of bling.
All the other girls aer wearing nude body stalkings and well it just looks strange.
Look I'm sure If i were standig next to the two guys in the suits you wouldn't notice me either!
So how the hell is that my fault?
I just with the girl on the left with the strange thing on her head was also in the center. She looks like she is cute.

I would notice you,

I would be thinking.. what is that bald weird looking guy doing with all the hot looking people...:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

"like it or not what a person looks like matters"

Nope, not for me. It is truly who the person is inside.

Me thinks you're going to be single for the rest of your life.

Well for me looks matter. My looks matter and her looks matter. And that's what gets people talking at which piont we discover who we are and that is where personality comes into play.

And I'm sorry if a size medium sounds too skinny but it is what it is. And that's who I'm interested in. I'm sorry if me looking for a girl who is a size medium / 8 bothers you but I honestly don't care if you are or are not offended by what I want in a future mate. The same that I honestly don't care about what you look for in a future mate.

And I appreciate the vote of confidence. May only good things come to you as well.

I didn't mean to come across as being rude, but we don't get an order form in the womb to pick what we want to look like. Taking care of our appearance and being who we are is what's important. Not trying to impress the world.

If people don't like the way I look, don't look. Simple. I am far below a size 8 and there is nothing I can do about it. And I won't try.

Good luck with your quest for the woman of your dreams. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I would notice you,

I would be thinking.. what is that bald weird looking guy doing with all the hot looking people...:P

it would be an egg shaped head :)see we all have our preferences as to what we like and don't like. some girls like guys with hair...others don't care.
Who am i to argue? It's what they want.
And such is life.
Now get over my likes and dislikes and get on with your life.

All I have to say is take a good look in the mirror. I can not imaging how any normal, sane, non medicated thinking female could be attracted to you based on physical appearance alone. The more and more you post about a size 8 trophy wife/girlfriend standing by your side the uglier you become to me and probably every other woman you come in contact with.

I agree with lisah about you staying single.

+1

And I hope out there in the land of cyberspace there's a group of female engineers on an engineering forum talking about a chubby, bald dude who doesn't know how to flare and is shallow as a puddle. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

My two cents:

Stop looking for a woman, and fucking JUMP. If you stopped wasting your money on pretty girls, you could jump more and MAYBE we could jump with your ass at a boogie some day. Sheesh :P

I agree! We all know by now what you want in a woman. Now go out and do some awesome skydives and get that A license.
This shit, right here, is OK