RALFFERS

So, I got banned...

Have you ever been involved in a forum that doesn't have these rules? Was it constant insults? No, not in my experience. Actually I think the rules actually can make things worse on forums.

fuckedcompany.com
That place was epic in it's day. The true blue wild west. ANYTHING was OK on that board.

It only took me about 3 weeks to a month to get banned here. The other guy was being a condescending self-righteous douche bag so I let him have it with both barrels. He deserved it.
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

I miss FC. (but not that much)

I have a FC t-shirt that I would wear to work once I thought things we saw things were going down the tubes.

One place I worked, the management wanted IT to monitor logs to see who was posting shit about the company on FC.com. Of course the reality was that it was the people they'd just fired who were posting it.
--
Rob

I miss FC. (but not that much)

I have a FC t-shirt that I would wear to work once I thought things we saw things were going down the tubes.

One place I worked, the management wanted IT to monitor logs to see who was posting shit about the company on FC.com. Of course the reality was that it was the people they'd just fired who were posting it.

Yup. That was the whole point of the site in the first place. (I kinda miss FC too) But that message board was just insane! lol In the end it was the only thing really left and it wasn't making any money so Pud just took the whole thing down.
I saw him on a YouTube video a while back. That dude can play the drums!! B|

I sooo want an FC shirt. Extra cool points for you. ;)
Card carrying member of the
Nanny State Liberation Front

I've never been banned from a forum... but, I have been banned from countless numbers of Counter-Strike servers. Apparently, skill equates with cheating :S

you didnt know that whenever you are better than everyone else on the server, you're cheating?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

You just got back now?! Wow, Skymama is really handing out the punishments.

He only had a week off.

That's nothing! My record is 2 months and sig line privileges stripped....

Still want my sig line back...

Ha..... not even close

I've never been banned from a forum... but, I have been banned from countless numbers of Counter-Strike servers. Apparently, skill equates with cheating :S

you didnt know that whenever you are better than everyone else on the server, you're cheating?

I guess I should have just dumbed myself down to make things fair.

Kids and their wall hack accusations... lol.
Don't forget to pull!

LOL! There are LOTS of places where you have to play nice--work, school, etc. That said, there is sometime a real sense of satisfaction in saying what you really think.

I am currently banned form the SC for saying it how it is (from my standpoint), it is difficult to debate religon, politics etc without being honest or telling someone what they are.

I was banned for calling someone a bigot, when it is obvious that they are.

Saying that they are not receptive to ideas other than thier own; somehow sounds less sincere.

If only the bonfire was a real bofire and the speakers corner was a real soap box, then these assholes that hide behind the moderators with thier half truths and bullshit would get the bollocking they deserve.

There are too many 'super online good guys' out there bullshitting behind a false masks. I can spot them a mile away but it seems plenty can't!

I like to think of the bonfire as the place of hugs and boobies, how does one get banned from the bonfire?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So you get banned from one forum, then go into another and replay the whole thing.
Sometimes the mods don't seem to like it thrown in their faces.

I respect the mods positions but we are not here to brown nose mods and they are here to make sure we play by the rules.

If a moderator does not see eye to eye with a certain individual, and punishes them more readily than say; someone they do see eye to eye with, then that shows that moderator is not a very good at thier position.

Moderation is about being neutral (in respect of punishment) and fortunately it seems the moderators here do a great job of that.

It is about the rules, not the percieved expectations of certain individuals.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Nah, I think it's those wallhacks and aimbots you're using that triggered the ban.

Heh. I started playing in late 2003 and spent too many hours in college playing CS. Looking back, I wish I had spent those hours doing homework or picking up a more social hobby... like, IDK, skydiving? lol.

My aim is terrible... I had to learn how to commentate for it by out-smarting people.

Better be 1.6 and not CSS.

Yes, it's CS 1.6. I never liked CS:S. When I first started playing it, I thought "wow... I am even better at this game!" Then I found out that even the new players are more likely to get random kills. I suppose that I'll have to get used to that game, because after a year off from CS 1.6, I am finding it hard to avoid fake servers.
Don't forget to pull!