Nataly

Are you sentimental about your "stuff"?

I guess after 15 years in the military i have learned not to get attached to anything. Moving every three or so years something gets broken.

I am to the point that I can lose everything and not care.

I would just start all over.
John - D.S 1313

"I'll jump it, Np. It's all good"

I have a "fire" box. It's a 10x10 box that really holds my important stuff. The important stuff ranges from my passport to my dogs ashes to my grandmothers hankie. When I sold my house a couple years ago I donated 75% of my "stuff". Then when I moved up to Spokane in my car....I got rid of almost everything else.

I was very sentimental about stuff. Until I lost about 3/4ths of it to a hurricane.

I'm much more into collecting experiences and memories than I am stuff now.

Before we'd met my wife had a bunch of stuff in a mini-storage out in Denver.

She was involved in a multi-contenent air race that took several months and of course the rent didn't get paid and everything went to auction. :(

A few years ago out of the blue we get a call from a guy who's father had bid and bought all of her stuff, the father was recently deceased and the son took it upon himself to search her out and return several boxes of VERY sentimental 'stuff' that she thought was lost forever! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I was very sentimental about stuff. Until I lost about 3/4ths of it to a hurricane.

I'm much more into collecting experiences and memories than I am stuff now.

Before we'd met my wife had a bunch of stuff in a mini-storage out in Denver.

She was involved in a multi-contenent air race that took several months and of course the rent didn't get paid and everything went to auction. :(

A few years ago out of the blue we get a call from a guy who's father had bid and bought all of her stuff, the father was recently deceased and the son took it upon himself to search her out and return several boxes of VERY sentimental 'stuff' that she thought was lost forever! B|

Awesome! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have a "fire" box. It's a 10x10 box that really holds my important stuff. The important stuff ranges from my passport to my dogs ashes to my grandmothers hankie. When I sold my house a couple years ago I donated 75% of my "stuff". Then when I moved up to Spokane in my car....I got rid of almost everything else.

You put your dogs ashes in a fire box to protect them in case of a fire?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hahhaaa....yep....never realized how dumb that sounds. :)

Hahhaaa....yep....never realized how dumb that sounds. :)

NOOO - Not dumb - sentimental - I was going for ironic . . . but I think cremation removes most of the iron too.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Check this out from a story today about people fleeing the fire West of Boulder:

When Eandi left Monday night he carried his grandmother's ashes, three boxes of photos of his children, a cat, Nemo, in a cage, and a Corgi, Maggie, who rode shotgun as he drove his red Subaru wagon.

Ref: http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_16011378
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I do have lots of stuff, but partly just because I have the space for it.

The stuff I find valuable is generally not expensive, but irreplacable. Photos, drawings, cards, souvenirs.

If someone broke into my house they'd likely leave pissed and empty handed. :P

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I do have lots of stuff, but partly just because I have the space for it.

The stuff I find valuable is generally not expensive, but irreplacable. Photos, drawings, cards, souvenirs, thong collection.

If someone broke into my house they'd likely leave pissed and empty handed. :P

FIFY:ph34r:

What I would take if I walked away:

My dog's ashes, a small piece of art from New Mexico, my clothes, all of which I currently wear, an accordian file folder, my purse and my massage table. I could throw it all in my car and go. The rest is just stuff and I'm not even remotely attached to it.

I've always been a minimalist and I'm single. I don't like to hang on to crap. It messes with my mojo. :S

There is four times the usual amount of "stuff" on my curb this morning waiting for the garbage collectors.

Sometimes the power of suggestion is a good thing. :D Thanks Nataly! :)

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

There is four times the usual amount of "stuff" on my curb this morning waiting for the garbage collectors.

Sometimes the power of suggestion is a good thing. :D Thanks Nataly! :)

Hee hee!! Glad I could (sort of) help! :D:D

I've tried *again* to reduce the amount of stuff I bring with me on my big move to France.. Not happening!! :D Oh well, at least I know that what I have left is stuff I care about! :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss