nigel99

No shit I thought I was going to die...

I just experienced the most intense 20 minutes of my life[:/]

I went to Ireland on a business trip for the day.

Flew from heathrow into a nice little regional airport. On leaving I was thrilled at how "relaxed" security was - it was like a flashback to 10/15 years ago. After an uneventful flight we started descending into London and the pilot gave the 20 minute call. Next thing this shifty looking asian bloke appears out of nowhere and drops a backpack stuffed full on the seat next to me (I was alone in the emergency exit aisle over the wing) and proceeds to walk to the front of the plane and goes into the toilet. This immediately freaked me out, he then proceeds to be 8 minutes in the loo - after 5 minutes I was debating raising my concern with the crew. Anyway he proceeded to come and sit next to me - opens the front of the backpack and takes out TWO mobile phones and proceeds to switch them both on[:/]. About this time we are about 3000 feet above the London outskirts and the crew are taking the seats for landing, and I noticed he still hadn't put his seatbelt on. I pointed that out to him and he said he didn't need it and wasn't going to be using itB| at which point I very nearly needed the sick bag.

Uneventful landing (without him getting pasted onto the seat in front of him unfortunately) and while we are still taxiing he jumps up with his bag and quick marches to the front of the plane (despite protests from the crew) where he then stands at the door waiting to be first off. I don't think that he realises how close he came to me hitting him in the face with a laptop with his desire to be first off the plane. I was so fucking hyped I swear I could smell burning and hydrogen peroxide during those last few minutes.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

An Asain dude in Ireland?
WTF!
You should have jumped on him and kicked the snot of him!
International law sates all Asians in Ireland must buy rounds of drinks for everyone they see untill they are no longer in the country!
If they argue they are to be beaten up and or forced to sing odd songs.

But on a more serious note...that was one odd story!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Flew from heathrow into a nice little regional airport. On leaving I was thrilled at how "relaxed" security was - it was like a flashback to 10/15 years ago.

My guess: Kerry Airport? Last time I flew from there, I didn't even realize I went throught the security check B|

If somebody acts like this on a place, I would definitely inform the cabin crew about it. I'd rather be the guy who paniced, than be the guy who was blown to pieces.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/4000meter
Youtube Favorites: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjnVsp4Epra-PRDETgrF3M04B3X86X1eh

Flew from heathrow into a nice little regional airport. On leaving I was thrilled at how "relaxed" security was - it was like a flashback to 10/15 years ago.

My guess: Kerry Airport? Last time I flew from there, I didn't even realize I went throught the security check B|

If somebody acts like this on a place, I would definitely inform the cabin crew about it. I'd rather be the guy who paniced, than be the guy who was blown to pieces.

Well to answer most questions - I could not easily and discretely raise my concerns with the crew. I think if I was able to speak to a cabin member without having to lean across him I would have. Also as someone else mentioned pre 9/11 I would have simply seen the guy for what he was (a dickhead).

It was Shannon airport.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

And yet you just sat there waiting for a bomb to go off?

I'm sorry mate, but I'm confused. If you were that suspicious, why not at least ring for the Stew?

I think it's called the great British reserve, some of the British English would still rather go to heaven than make a fuss.

Me, I'd of opened the door there and then and kicked the fucker out,:ph34r:

Gone fishing

Well to answer most questions - I could not easily and discretely raise my concerns with the crew. I think if I was able to speak to a cabin member without having to lean across him I would have. Also as someone else mentioned pre 9/11 I would have simply seen the guy for what he was (a dickhead).

It was Shannon airport.

You couldn't attract the attention of a flight attendant in the 8 minutes he was in the loo?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It was Shannon airport.

You couldn't attract the attention of a flight attendant in the 8 minutes he was in the loo?

yes I could have - but then at that point while I was tense he hadn't done the rest of his freaky shit. Honestly I don't know that airline protocol is - IF I had flagged him as suspicious then I suppose the crew could have asked him to return to his seat and that would have reassured me.

The whole incident left me feeling very unsettled - I much prefer the incident where we aborted the landing at the last minute with alot of "fuss" and when the female captain apologised that she had had to take evasive action my wife quipped "they shouldn't let women drive planes!":D

The whole incident left me feeling very unsettled - I much prefer the incident where we aborted the landing at the last minute with alot of "fuss" and when the female captain apologised that she had had to take evasive action my wife quipped "they shouldn't let women drive planes!":D

LOL

Twardo?

Any comments?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It was Shannon airport.

yes I could have - but then at that point while I was tense he hadn't done the rest of his freaky shit. Honestly I don't know that airline protocol is - IF I had flagged him as suspicious then I suppose the crew could have asked him to return to his seat and that would have reassured me.

Moral of the story: Next time don't hesitate to speak up and say something, it might be your own life and others your saving. Better to be safe than sorry.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING