skydiverkeith

I hate children!

I had a vasectomy when I was 19.

You don't regret it?

Are you kidding? best decision I ever made.

Every day I see a friend get married or get the flesh eating pregars virus I remember how lucky I am to not be affected by this disease.

Adopt a child that is in need of love and a family.

Not everyone has to be a parent and I respect those who have made that choice to not to have children.

But I lost any and all respect for you as a person and poster to the site for making such a statement like you did. I doubt you now what it is like to love or be love to the fullest potential of another person or you would never say you hate children. All people regardless of physical age are children.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Not everyone has to be a parent and I respect those who have made that choice to not to have children.

But I lost any and all respect for you as a person and poster to the site for making such a statement like you did. I doubt you now what it is like to love or be love to the fullest potential of another person or you would never say you hate children. All people regardless of physical age are children.

Do you hate me for the comments about battered and sauced?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I had a vasectomy when I was 19.

You don't regret it?

Are you kidding? best decision I ever made.

Every day I see a friend get married or get the flesh eating pregars virus I remember how lucky I am to not be affected by this disease.

Adopt a child that is in need of love and a family.

Flesh eating pregars virus?...that's a bit much, don't you think?

Marriage & children/family can be a beutiful thing - provided the right people get together.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I have no doubt the OP is like me, and dislikes the idea of being tied down with kids.

Just because you have kids it doesn't mean you are tied down and can't have any fun anymore. Some of my best vacations have been ones taken with my kids and you'd be amazed at how fun it is to see the world through the eyes of a child. Being a parent hasn't stopped me from skydiving, I just don't skydive as much as my childless friends. It's really hasn't been a big deal.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That's okay, as long as you respect me as a skydiver the next time you see me at a boogie. :)
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I did to, until I became a Father...now one of the best sounds in the world is the sound of kids laughing!

I even get tickled when I hear a baby crying on an aircraft....instead of annoyed like I would have when I was younger.......

My son is one of the best things to ever happen to my life! ***

exactly, couldnt say it any better than you just did :)
+1

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I have no doubt the OP is like me, and dislikes the idea of being tied down with kids.

Just because you have kids it doesn't mean you are tied down and can't have any fun anymore. Some of my best vacations have been ones taken with my kids and you'd be amazed at how fun it is to see the world through the eyes of a child. Being a parent hasn't stopped me from skydiving, I just don't skydive as much as my childless friends. It's really hasn't been a big deal.

Agreed. My parents had four kids and we traveled all over the US. Mind you, the car rides could get a little rowdy, but the threat of "don't make me stop this car" and the fear of getting left in the middle of no where would calm us down....for a little while anyways. ;)

I would never want to pass up the chance to be a mother and be able to show my kids the world.
F LORIDA!

My marriage and my kids have been the biggest joys in my life. As far as overpopulation? If it weren't for immigration, our country would have seen a population decrease the last 30 years, what with so many people remaining childless.

Just like skydiving, I won't talk anyone into having kids, but it's been fantastic for those of us that have done it. :)
To all you that hate kids, fine and dandy. You probably hate undisciplined kids. I don't like to see that either.

I agree with you 100%. I don't hate children, but I don't want them, and luckily found a guy that doesn't want them as much as me! The world is overpopulated as it is, and frankly, I just don't have the patience and I want to travel and go do stuff at the drop of a hat.

But for those who do want kids, there are so many foster home children out there that need the love of a family. I think of it like going to the pound. If I really wanted kids, I'd rather get a pound puppy than a breeder dog any day. :)

Not to drift from the thread topic of eating battered children...but~

I always kinda felt that same as you regarding the freedom factor and crumb-munchers.

However at some point in time - for me it was at about 40, you've BTDT on the go anywhere do anything at the drop of a hat thing.

We dumped the condo at the beach & bought a house, sold the 'Vette, the Harley and the Airplane...got an SUV, a couple dogs and a lawnmower...;)

Wife & I realized that we were very lucky in that we're financially secure, reasonably mature and probably have a lot to offer regarding porch monkey raising...so we adopted three.

The 'project' has opened my eyes as to a whole new world of fantastic experiences I was missing out on...

We didn't 'lose' any freedom to speak of, only complicated the logistics somewhat of the go and do thing, because there were more of us.

The goin' & doin' became ten times better because you now get to see things through more eyes than your own.

If you 'fear' losing some control over 'your' life because of the responsibility of kids, you may be looking at it from the wrong angle...with mini-people under your charge, you find yourself taking MORE control because the paths you chose tend to have real long term effects on others than yourself...it's kinda neat.

On the other hand, there truly ARE people that should NOT have that responsibility, and if you believe yourself to be one for whatever reason...kudos to you for following what's in your heart, and not making yourself and any youngsters unhappy.

As old as Airtwardo might be, his voice is the age of reason. Best post right there! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I respect and admire everyone who has ever had kids, and would never throw a 'wrath' onto them the way I have had them thrown onto me by many parents I associate with in everyday life. After expressing that I did not want kids, a mentor of mine who I have huge respect for actually told me that it was shameful and disappointing that I had said that. How do you think that made me feel? I've also been told that there is 'something wrong with me'. Never once have I ever chastised somebody for having kids, but I've been repeatedly chastised by parents for not wanting them. Thats not fair, IMO.

I have never had the biological longing to have kids, so for me, I'm not 'missing' the kind of love a child brings. I have a lot of love in my life. The love of a good man, a good mom, good friends, and a good dog. I am happy the way I my life is now. I know many people will say, "Yes, but you will be happier with kids", but that statement is purely subjective. That might be the case for you, but it is not for me.

I have an amazing boyfriend who does not want them either. Does that make us bad people? Absolutely not. We have decided that the money we would have spent on our own kids if we had them, we are going to use it to put our nieces and nephews through college, who would not get the chance otherwise. That also leaves more money to go to childrens charities as well, which we've already discussed doing. So, by not having our own, we are helping others out, and thats what makes us 'happy'.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

your last sentence sums it up very well JohnMitchell...

Kids are a fantastic creation....
but like all things, they can go sour, if not cared for, and disciplined in the right way....

and THAT is not always the kids fault... MANY MANY Adults,,, have not the sense nor the patience nor the financial wherewithall that is REQUIRED. to correctly raise kids,,,,, into caring loving decent adults....
it is an absolutely TOUGH job, and those who have longed for children and who have felt that it is their purpose in life, CAN still, unwittingly, screw things up...
There are sooo many variables..
The right partner (spouse) the right environment, the right 'extended family' and a good deal of employment and finanicial stability...
Sometimes kids go wrong, even in the best of situations,,, and i personally, am not a HUGE "baby advocate"...
I mightta used to have been.... back 25 years ago, when things were better, the economy was healthier, work , housing, and decent schools were more readily available,,, and when I decided to become a father....
Glad i did THEN,, too.. cause it's gotten way worse nowadays...
God Bless those who accept the challenge and responsibility involved to raise a child...
To say,,,, "I Hate Children" is going overboard however..
Better so say " I hate the circumstances under which some children have been brought into this world" or " I hate the times which make it so hard and confusing to raise children" or " i hate the thoughtless Adults who create a pregnancy where there is little love and/or NO family unit "... we could discuss the subject.. for hours and hours on end...

me??? i LOVE MY kids, and certain others,,
but i DO dislike hearing of those , whose life is Sad and scarey and unhealthy and unloved..
I HATE the scenario.. But NOT the children themselves....( if that makes sense )...
jmy

I understand that. well, I guess I do not understand, and never will with my life choices, but I respect that it can be the most important thing in a persons life (those relationships). I simply chose to avoid that.

And, I do not think I have the patients or parental integrity for a child. I can barely remember to take my sisters cat out of the freezer half the time.

I was going to rant earlier...then decided not to....but I've changed my mind.....and sorry for this being slightly off topic.

I'm shocked that a guy can go get a vasectomy at the age of 19......but if a woman wants to get her tubes tied you are told no. I fought my OBGYN on it right after it turn 21 and was told no....I'm way too young...and what if you change your mind. I bet insurance even paid for yours.... /rant

I was going to rant earlier...then decided not to....but I've changed my mind.....and sorry for this being slightly off topic.

I'm shocked that a guy can go get a vasectomy at the age of 19......but if a woman wants to get her tubes tied you are told no. I fought my OBGYN on it right after it turn 21 and was told no....I'm way too young...and what if you change your mind. I bet insurance even paid for yours.... /rant

i checked into the whole getting clipped thing and was told no. if you dont have a medical condition or kids already they dont want to do it.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

There were enough infants and young children at Canopy Piloting Nationals that Spaceland could have made money running a day care! My 6 month old LOVE watching the planes take off and was really interested when he heard canopies diving towards the pond.B|

Maybe he'll be a swooper...then again, as of 6 months he's bigger than some of the competitors! (I'm talking to you Ian!):D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've also been told that there is 'something wrong with me'. Never once have I ever chastised somebody for having kids, but I've been repeatedly chastised by parents for not wanting them. Thats not fair, IMO.

I agree - people (women especially) who don't want kids get accused of all kinds of things... Being selfish, for example. But I think if you don't want them, it's just a choice - not an aberration!!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate kids... That being said, I don't consider myself to be childless but child-free. I never desired to be a mother until I was in a loving, caring, long-term relationship once and I felt really, really happy. But something in me told me something wasn't quite right, the relationship subsequently dissolved, and so did my desire to have children.

So I reckon under the right set of circumstances I could maybe one day want kids, but fundamentally it's not something I'm looking for. I don't think that makes me less of a person... At least I'm not the kind of person who would bring up children under any circumstances irrespective of whether or not I'm a "fit" parent! Better someone choose not to reproduce for the right reasons than someone choose to have kids for the wrong reasons, no?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Yep - I think this is really unfair.. I went as a 25 year old to get my tubes tied and was told no because I didn't have any kids. Apparently, they would rather pay for a lifetime of horrible birthcontrol rather than a proper solution (which actually is probably less expensive in the long run, has fewer hormonal / mood / weight / skin / hair / etc implications and probably will never give you cancer). Hmmm... >:(

/rant
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I think there is a slight health risk with women and getting tubes tied. IMO I think it should be a requirement of all males to be rendered reversible sterile until they are capable and willing to raise a healthy child. But that is another issue.

My insurance paid for it, yes. But I had already maxed out my deductible for the year and took advantage of it. I thought there would be an issue convincing the urologist but he was on my side.

There was one phone call and one 15min outpatient visit. Doc did not even ask twice. good man.

In fairness, you're right that the operation for a man is much less involved... And also probably easier to reverse.

Still, the idea that you could at 19 and I was "too young" at 25... At what point am I no longer "too young"? When I reach menopause?!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss