skydiverkeith

I hate children!

I did to, until I became a Father...now one of the best sounds in the world is the sound of kids laughing!

I even get tickled when I hear a baby crying on an aircraft....instead of annoyed like I would have when I was younger.......

My son is one of the best things to ever happen to my life!

I had a vasectomy when I was 19.

You don't regret it? That's really young to be making a decision with such permanent consequences. A persons views could change at least a few times on this. When I was 19 I didn't want kids wither, but fast-forward 10 years & I see things differently now. It doesn't have to be now - but I do look forward to being a dad. :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

You don't regret it? That's really young to be making a decision with such permanent consequences. A persons views could change at least a few times on this. When I was 19 I didn't want kids wither, but fast-forward 10 years & I see things differently now. It doesn't have to be now - but I do look forward to being a dad. :)

I can't speak for him, but I've never regretted mine, because there is already an overabundance of children in the world that could use a good family. We have a shortage of food, not children.

Because of my personal beliefs, even if I wanted a child, I would adopt.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I can't speak for him, but I've never regretted mine, because there is already an overabundance of children in the world that could use a good family. We have a shortage of food, not children.

Because of my personal beliefs, even if I wanted a child, I would adopt.

That's a valid point. I likewise would encourage adoption - but also would want children of my own also. There's just something about it.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Try 'em with a little hot sauce.

Ony if they are battered.

Nothing better than battered women and children.

Expecially with a Wasabi and soy sauce suspension.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That was not the turn I was hoping this thread was taking . . .

I was joking - He was serious.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I agree with you 100%. I don't hate children, but I don't want them, and luckily found a guy that doesn't want them as much as me! The world is overpopulated as it is, and frankly, I just don't have the patience and I want to travel and go do stuff at the drop of a hat.

But for those who do want kids, there are so many foster home children out there that need the love of a family. I think of it like going to the pound. If I really wanted kids, I'd rather get a pound puppy than a breeder dog any day. :)

And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

That was not the turn I was hoping this thread was taking . . . I was joking - He was serious.

You know thats a satire piece, right? Jonathan Swift did not mean this to be taken literally, this is a classic satire.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

That was not the turn I was hoping this thread was taking . . . I was joking - He was serious.

You know thats a satire piece, right? Jonathan Swift did not mean this to be taken literally, this is a classic satire.

I was secretly hoping that we could eat the irish.[:/]

Maybe not. Swift was quite the epicurean. ;)

I agree with you 100%. I don't hate children, but I don't want them, and luckily found a guy that doesn't want them as much as me! The world is overpopulated as it is, and frankly, I just don't have the patience and I want to travel and go do stuff at the drop of a hat.

But for those who do want kids, there are so many foster home children out there that need the love of a family. I think of it like going to the pound. If I really wanted kids, I'd rather get a pound puppy than a breeder dog any day. :)

Not to drift from the thread topic of eating battered children...but~

I always kinda felt that same as you regarding the freedom factor and crumb-munchers.

However at some point in time - for me it was at about 40, you've BTDT on the go anywhere do anything at the drop of a hat thing.

We dumped the condo at the beach & bought a house, sold the 'Vette, the Harley and the Airplane...got an SUV, a couple dogs and a lawnmower...;)

Wife & I realized that we were very lucky in that we're financially secure, reasonably mature and probably have a lot to offer regarding porch monkey raising...so we adopted three.

The 'project' has opened my eyes as to a whole new world of fantastic experiences I was missing out on...

We didn't 'lose' any freedom to speak of, only complicated the logistics somewhat of the go and do thing, because there were more of us.

The goin' & doin' became ten times better because you now get to see things through more eyes than your own.

If you 'fear' losing some control over 'your' life because of the responsibility of kids, you may be looking at it from the wrong angle...with mini-people under your charge, you find yourself taking MORE control because the paths you chose tend to have real long term effects on others than yourself...it's kinda neat.

On the other hand, there truly ARE people that should NOT have that responsibility, and if you believe yourself to be one for whatever reason...kudos to you for following what's in your heart, and not making yourself and any youngsters unhappy.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~