shropshire

Weekend Numbers : 10 thru 12-09-10

3 jumps

Winds weren;t so great on Saturday and then it rained Sunday. I did pay beer for my first real camera jump(gopro before that)......For my first jump I just did a 5k jump to see how I would fly with it on my head. Wellllllll.....thumbs up for you are way more distracted with a camera strapped to your head. I got on the plane without my alitmeter. I realized as we were taxi-ing, but went ahead and jumped. Now I just gotta get better at it!(and not forget my altimeter)B|

I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

:)
Weekend getaway with the GF post-Couchfreaks. She lets me boogie so it's a must.

Toured the National WW I museum on 9-11.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

No jumps, nada, zip . . . just like last weekend.[:/]

Saturday was beautiful, tons of AFF to do, and I was in Seattle doing the other kind of relative work, squiring family around. Sunday, went out early for the employees' meeting. Sat around for 3 hours in the drizzle. I went home, then it cleared up in the late afternoon. Damn.

:|:3:4

1st jump at Skydive The Point
1st "instant canopy" (a opening so hard, I'm still seeing stars)
1st DPH jump
1st jump from a King Air

Crazy dz.com people (k-dubs, bolas, blacklabjumper) convinced me to head down to West Point, VA for the weekend - I'm glad they did. Since I had a opening so hard it almost knocked me out on the first jump and rain on Sunday, I didn't get a lot of jumps ... but it doesn't matter. Great times was had by all B| ...

O

Ouch ... a non-snivelling Pilot[:/] ... Packing Error?

I bet you flinch for the next few times that you toss the PC. ... Memory has a habit of doing that.

Definitely packing error ... and I got nobody to blame, but myself. I packed it in the office before my flight ... I got intrerupted and walked away a few times - not good and lesson learned.

After sitting on the ground for a couple of hours, I went up again - on deployment, I've put my chin down and held the chin cup on my helmet with my hands - I have a feeling I'll be doing that for a while [:/] ...

O

4 jumps. 1st jump with rain, sleet and lightning.

Most memorable was a wingsuit flight through a sky dominated with cumulus and cumulonimbus-based industrial haze, sleet, rain, double-rainbows, and intra-cloud static lightning a 1/4mile Nothing like trying to get back to the DZ before the weather.

This jump gave me a much better idea of what my phantom2 suit was capable of. Due to the cloud surfing, dodging (and getting the hell out of dodge upon seeing the lightning flashes), I had no time to take in the awesome view. One of these days I'll start flying video. Fun weekend!

[:/]:22:2

:D owed (and paid) for my first trip to Skydive Chicago and first USPA Nationals. Did 2 4-way practice jumps on Friday (our entire training season!), 2 4-way comp jumps Saturday b/c of wx, 8 on Sunday, 9 8-way comp jumps yesterday and 1 just after sunrise today to finish it off. Bad wx was forecast for today (but it's fucking GORGEOUS) so they crammed as much 8-way as possible into yesterday.

Had planned to add on 16-way but my sinuses aren't cooperating ... boo. :(

What an amazingly memorable experience! Kudos to Skydive Chicago and the USPA for putting on a fantastic event. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

[:/]:7::D

Went to the east coast to Skyive The Point. Initiated some new dirty Pirate Hookers and met a beautiful Casa. Paid my :D fines with jello shots and psycho punch.

Psycho punch is the devil.B|

you put up a "[:/]" . . . but . . .but . . . but Boloas was there!:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

13 wingsuit jumps at the international artistic wingsuit competition in Italy. My team (Oxygen) finished first place in intermediate class and I myself won first place for best intermediate cameraman, and recieved a nice big cup for it :)

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"