d_squared431

Mass emails

I just checked my work email and a mass email was sent out saying 78 people should be sent home due to being 1-3 months late on their PPD. This is a list from May to Jun and they are sending the Aug-Sept later today.

I was a bit upset because to me that was a violation of their employee rights. To have every hospital staff member see a list of names who need and are not current on their annual screenings. I am current but it took 3 damn trips to finally get one because the employee health person wasn not their to place mine. The person didnt show up 2 times and then I had to leave a 4hr training session to get mine.

Would you be upset if your name appeared on a list like this for 1000 plus people to see?
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I just called the person who sent it and apparently they have me listed as a mgr. :o Maybe I have gotten a promotion and no one told me...:D

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

I just checked my work email and a mass email was sent out saying 78 people should be sent home due to being 1-3 months late on their PPD... Would you be upset if your name appeared on a list like this for 1000 plus people to see?

I don't know what a PPD is, and I'm betting that most of the readers of this message don't either.

At any rate, it seems like the e-mail should have been sent to only the 78 people affected. There was no need to mass-blast it to everyone. Raise a stink. Get someone in trouble over it for being stupid and not using proper respect for personal privacy.

I just checked my work email and a mass email was sent out saying 78 people should be sent home due to being 1-3 months late on their PPD. This is a list from May to Jun and they are sending the Aug-Sept later today.

I was a bit upset because to me that was a violation of their employee rights. To have every hospital staff member see a list of names who need and are not current on their annual screenings. I am current but it took 3 damn trips to finally get one because the employee health person wasn not their to place mine. The person didnt show up 2 times and then I had to leave a 4hr training session to get mine.

Would you be upset if your name appeared on a list like this for 1000 plus people to see?

Paranoid personality disorder, a psychiatric diagnosis; Postpartum depression,??????

Paranoid personality disorder, a psychiatric diagnosis; Postpartum depression,??????

PPD screening is another name for TB test.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

Why shouldn't everyone get that list? It ensures that the other employees make sure that a potentially infected person isn't harming others.

Just do your stuff on time like your supposed to and you won't be on the list (not directed to the OP).

Why shouldn't everyone get that list? It ensures that the other employees make sure that a potentially infected person isn't harming others.

Just do your stuff on time like your supposed to and you won't be on the list (not directed to the OP).

It is illegal in most states to inform fellow employees if someone is HIV positive, or has AID's so why shouldn't all medical stay private?

It is illegal in most states to inform fellow employees if someone is HIV positive, or has AID's so why shouldn't all medical stay private?

I am listed as a MGR/Team Lead/Office MGR of my office and that is why I was sent the list. So in apparently it is my job to inform anyone in my Office that they are due and if they do not comply I am to send them home. This is all new to me because I never knew I had this so called title or power. :S

I don't mind but I want the increase in pay if I am to oversee coworkers, etc. I did call and talk to my Mgr about this and she said she listed me as the Mgr/office Mgr/Team Lead to add more duties for me to justify an increase in pay. I wonder when that increase will take place.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1

You think thats bad, the army is horrible!

Every shot, follow up, missed appointment is passed down your chain of command for everyone who wants to see it.

Not to mention govt credit cards, they publish the list of who owes what on them. I got an AAM dissapproved because I had a $20 balance on mine (and was in Lebanon... where I'm required to use it)

Needless to say, I NEVER use that card unless I just cannot possibly avoid it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

[reply So in apparently it is my job to inform anyone in my Office that they are due and if they do not comply I am to send them home. This is all new to me because I never knew I had this so called title or power. :S

So you have a power roughly equivalent to being a mod here.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well yeah I completely agree that someone HAVING AIDS should be kept private but the fact that those people did not comply with their obligation to get testes should not be private. At that point it's a danger to others especially in a hospital environment which is why it's required in the first place.

I'm not saying they should make the list of who actually has TB public, but in this case there is medical information revealed just information about who's lazy.

Well yeah I completely agree that someone HAVING AIDS should be kept private but the fact that those people did not comply with their obligation to get testes should not be private.

ROTFLMAO!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>>>Well yeah I completely agree that someone HAVING AIDS should be kept private
I agree

>>> but the fact that those people did not comply with their obligation to get testes should not be private.

I really don't think I would WANT to know to be honest.

>>>At that point it's a danger to others especially in a hospital environment which is why it's required in the first place.

So testes make you safe?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>>>Well yeah I completely agree that someone HAVING AIDS should be kept private
I agree

>>> but the fact that those people did not comply with their obligation to get testes should not be private.

I really don't think I would WANT to know to be honest.

>>>At that point it's a danger to others especially in a hospital environment which is why it's required in the first place.

So testes make you safe?

Thats just nuts!

I'm pretty sure that you are completely right. The new right to privacy laws even prevent colleges from telling parents their childrens grades. Even if they are paying for the education. Heck, they can't even tell them if their kids are still ENROLLED!
This is definitely right to privacy violation!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

So, it wasn't saying the results of their PPD, just they were overdue? If so, no privacy act issues involved. NOW, if the list displayed a positive result or something like that...oh yep HIPPA violation bigtime.