ElyJs

Van Roof Artwork

I have an extended one ton dodge van with a white roof approx 20'x8'. I am looking for ideas to paint the roof with something that will be visible in the pattern from 1000 feet. The more obscene the better. I wish I was a bit more creative, but all I can think of is a 20' penis. Surely the internet can come up with something better. Ideas?

Hi Ely,

I am looking for ideas to paint the roof

Ok, I cannot resist; please give me a break because whenever anyone mentions painting roofs of a vehicle I just have to tell this story.

When I was a much younger man I was in the Air Force. In July 1960 I was assigned to Edwards Air Force Base; I was a typewriter-jockey in the Base Hospital. Now Edwards AFB is in the Mojave Desert. So one day some bright officer-type decided that since we are in the desert we should paint the roofs of all of the medical vehicles white so that they would stay cooler and be more comfortable for the patients; they were completely Air Force ( Navy ) blue at the time. So, off to the paint shop they go. Then someone decides, "Hey, maybe we should ask HQ Air Force if we can do that." Well, HQ Air Force came back and said, "No, you are not authorized to paint the roofs white." So they all went back to the paint shop and were repainted blue. Then, are you waiting for this, about 2-3 months later HQ Air Force comes out with a directive that all medical vehicles in an arid area will have their roofs painted white. So, once again, they all went off to the paint shop.

Ya just gotta love the military. :P

JerryBaumchen

PS) I suggest tha you paint the top white first & then paint whatever picture you want on it. I think it will show up much better. Besides, painting the roofs of vehicles is fun; ask any ex-Air Force guy. B|

Try this. She'd look good from 1000 ft.

Mmm. I love abby. My vote goes with her.

I love Abby too, That's my desktop pic.
Take chances, just do it with all the information to make good decisions!!

Muff Brother# 2706 Dudeist Skydiver# 121.5