FlyingJ

Netflix on iphone

The Netflix application on iphone is finally available, allowing you to stream your instant viewing content directly on the phone. I tried it out this afternoon and it worked great with 3G service. Haven't tried it yet on the Edge network which is all we get where I live.

I've been waiting forever for this! At my part time job we are forced to post around town at hospitals waiting for transfer calls. Now it will go from being dreadful to being great! I can finally catch up on my list of movies.
Killing threads since 2004.

Hope you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan. Streaming Netflix films via 3G will quickly eat up the regular plans.

Additionally, I haven't been able to get the 3G to stream particularly well in my area. I doubt you'll be able to anything watchable on the Edge connection, but the WiFi streaming is awesome.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hope you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan. Streaming Netflix films via 3G will quickly eat up the regular plans.

Additionally, I haven't been able to get the 3G to stream particularly well in my area. I doubt you'll be able to anything watchable on the Edge connection, but the WiFi streaming is awesome.

It seems to work pretty well on 3g here in San Antonio. My wife was watching the last of nip tuck in the truck the other day just fine on her iphone4.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I am indeed still on unlimited.

On 3G it worked extremely well. 30 seconds at most to buffer, usually faster and then I watched a couple 30 minute tv episodes without a hiccup. I tried it earlier on Edge. It took FOREVER to buffer, but once it did load it worked fairly well. There were a few hiccups in the playback, but it eventually caught up. I don't believe I'll make using it on Edge a regular thing. Thankfully most of the time we spend sitting outside of hospitals waiting for calls is in 3G if not wifi service.

For a while we were able to stream netflix on our toughbook laptops, but the company got wise on folks downloading stuff and put an end to that pretty quickly. They likely wouldn't have cared about the media player if some numbnuts hadn't been downloading some other stuff that didn't belong on a company computer! Freakin idiots!

The stock has tripled in the last year.

If they came up with a plan for like $30 a month, and every studio allowed every movie to be streamed, (new releases would need a 3-6 month buffer to promote DVD sales) ...Studios would make a fortune.

The content is already amazing

The stock has tripled in the last year.

If they came up with a plan for like $30 a month, and every studio allowed every movie to be streamed, (new releases would need a 3-6 month buffer to promote DVD sales) ...Studios would make a fortune.

The content is already amazing

I read an article a couple months back about some group (a major producer or studio of some sort) that had just signed on to allow their movies to play. It was supposed to be some HUGE addition to the netflix library, especially the instant viewing. Can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure as more studios see netflix as the future we'll start seeing more movies/shows sooner.

Boy, am I glad Verizon still has totally unlimited plans (no 5GB cap - as seems to be the rumor that's going around). I'm grandfathered in to, so even if they get rid of it I'm still good. B| I don't think they will though.

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of