airtwardo

Thoughts on my Class Reunion~

Went back this past weekend to a high school class reunion...

I'd missed a few of the last ones because I was on the other side of the planet when they were held.

As the night progressed a couple thoughts came to mind that I thought were quite poignant.

1) When the alcohol started flowin' the people that were obnoxious pricks in High School reverted back to their old ways.

2) Even though I'm a ripped up wreck, I'm in better shape than 95% of those self loathing couch potatoes I went to school with!~:ph34r:

~Living well truly IS the best revenge! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sorry I missed you this weekend, man! - I feel like a prick!

I was intending to get there Saturday, but my tent got soaked - so that was a no go. So, when I finally got there Sunday, just passed 13:00 I was fully intending to wait around for you; but after everyone was done jumping I was gonna' wait around the tiki bar - but a short time later - around 21:00 I just felt like complete shit [still getting over the respiratory infection] & decided to leave. Not being able to brethe sucks! B|[:/]

Barely drove the 80 miles back home, & when I finally got here I could hardly get out of the car I was so tired & in the house.

Next time, my friend :)

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Yeah, but you got to meet me! B|

'twardo, nice of you to show up when you finally recovered from your reunion. Great to meet both you and Ralffers.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

'twardo, nice of you to show up when you finally recovered from your reunion. Great to meet both you and Ralffers.

Great meeting you too...B|

I loved your introduction~

"Are you who I think you are?" :ph34r:

I don't know if my 10 year reunion is coming up in 2012 or 2013. But, I'm debating whether or not I want to go. I had nothing in common with anyone I went to school with and too many of them were, as you put it, "obnoxious pricks."

Maybe I'll just do a demo jump to the reunion, tell everyone to piss off, then leave.

No one would think very highly of me, and it's not the kind of guy I am to do that sort of stuff, but it would be fun :P
Don't forget to pull!

Yes Krisanne, it was very nice to meet you! :) I I looked for you at the bar; would have been cool to talk more....but unfortunately I felt like complete crap & had to get in the car & go, while I still could.

Next year WILL be the year I start jumping!! - s I'm sure I'll catch up with you at a DZ somewhere. ;)B|

I don't know if my 10 year reunion is coming up in 2012 or 2013. But, I'm debating whether or not I want to go. I had nothing in common with anyone I went to school with and too many of them were, as you put it, "obnoxious pricks."

Maybe I'll just do a demo jump to the reunion, tell everyone to piss off, then leave.

No one would think very highly of me, and it's not the kind of guy I am to do that sort of stuff, but it would be fun :P

I did a demo into my 20th years ago, it was surprising how many guys I went to school with that were 'also skydivers'...:o

What was even MORE shocking was the number of jumps they had, yet never heard of the USPA! :ph34r:;)

I did a demo into my 20th years ago, it was surprising how many guys I went to school with that were 'also skydivers'...:o

What was even MORE shocking was the number of jumps they had, yet never heard of the USPA! :ph34r:;)

That's because they're too cool for an organization that can cramp on their style. ;)
Don't forget to pull!

Great meeting you too...B|

I loved your introduction~

"Are you who I think you are?" :ph34r:

Ours was funny to... :D

We're talking, & suddenly I'm asked if I know of DZ.com...I say "yes, I post on there regularly".....oh, who are you?......"Ralffers".......oh, you're "thattttt" guy...........aaah, yeah - "thatttt" guy.... :S

:D:D:D

We're talking, & suddenly I'm asked if I know of DZ.com...I say "yes, I post on there regularly".....oh, who are you?......"Ralffers".......oh, you're "thattttt" guy...........aaah, yeah - "thatttt" guy.... :S

At least I didn't say anything about pillow biting in the middle of the hangar! :P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

At least I didn't say anything about pillow biting in the middle of the hangar! :P

LMAO! :D:D

I don't think that 10 is long enough to go back unless
a. you're very successful (or thinner, better-looking, etc) and want people to know it
b. you want to hook up with that guy/girl that you never did when you were there
c. you really enjoyed HS/college and were good at all the social stuff (see "a":P)

I went to my 15th college and it was a snoozer, but the 25th was a stellarly good time. People were comfortable with who they were by that time, and could just have fun.

I went to a 15th (or so) HS reunion too, but the school was different from most, and we had folks from many years. Doesn't count.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I looked at my 40-year-old high school yearbook this week. Hairstyles have changed! :o

There were only three people in my whole graduating class that I would want to see again. :|

What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I had a blast at my 30-yr class reunion last year. It was my first reunion and it was like we had just graduated the day before. :)

Everybody was drunk, broke & all dressed up? :P

And somewhere under the bleachers in the gym, some chick got knocked up.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I had a blast at my 30-yr class reunion last year. It was my first reunion and it was like we had just graduated the day before. :)

Everybody was drunk, broke & all dressed up? :P

And somewhere under the bleachers in the gym, some chick got knocked up.

WOW! You guys can get it up at that age!
:P
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!