tigepigeon

skydiving/wakeboarding Marketing

I am new to the sport of skydiving, actually dive number 4! If my instructor's new equipment comes in tomorrow, I have ground school and my first solo Sunday!

I do have a question though, I am looking for new ways to cross market the company Tige Boats. Which is a wakeboard/surf/ski boat. Which range from 20' to 24' and about $60,000 to $100,000. How effective do you guys think targeting the ski diving community would be?

www.tige.com
www.tigeowners.com

Come up with a specious reason to post your company's name and product on many different sports websites.

:D:D

Maybe we could cross market? I am trying to sell burnt styrofoam from the lightening struck touchdown Jesus monument.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270635754128 If somebody buys one of your $100,000.00 boats you could throw in a piece of my burnt styrofoam?
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I am new to the sport of skydiving, actually dive number 4! If my instructor's new equipment comes in tomorrow, I have ground school and my first solo Sunday!

I do have a question though, I am looking for new ways to cross market the company Tige Boats. Which is a wakeboard/surf/ski boat. Which range from 20' to 24' and about $60,000 to $100,000. How effective do you guys think targeting the ski diving community would be?

Most working (professional)skydivers can't afford a Tige (or a place to live for that matter:D) But lots of skydivers i know sure love to wakeboard/ski. We used to have a group of us that got together every tuesday to wakeboard/ wakeskate on our local cable lake. (none of us could afford a boat) We even did a demo into the place during a competition/grand opening. I can tell you that marketing skydiving didn't go over well with the wakeboarding crowd:|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I was thinking of buying a banner on this site, because sky diving is turning into a fad with alot of the wake boarders.

Redbull paid for all of their riders to get certified. So most of the pros are jumping. I figured sky divers would come from all different back grounds and incomes.

Is this site more for people only in the business? Is there other sites that you guys follow?

While I agree, this is probably a spam post, I will give you the benefit of the doubt as I was once a new skydiver wanting to incorporate what I knew from wakeboarding.

Do a search on boat/ski threads here and decide if it is worth your money to buy a banner.

However, if wakeboarders are getting into skydiving and wakeboarders are your target market, they hopefully already know about Tige (though I am a Nautique fan, myself), and your money would best be kept in the wakeboarding magazines, forums, etc.

Are you certain Redbull paid for certification, or did they just pay for tandems? The only pro-wakeboarder I know who actually got certified and was successful in the "skydiving business" no longer posts here and has long since moved on to other more promising opportunities.

:)

"Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be." ~ Temple Grandin

www.tige.com
www.tigeowners.com

Clickified - because Deedy is slacking.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Yeah, probably not worth it. I was just heard about Parks Bonafy pulling his shute in a cloud and Adam Errington almost hitting him. There was also a article alliance wake mag this month about everyone doing it.

Thought I could get some real feed back but looks like I am getting label as spam

Thanks for the reply though!