shah269

Wow these soccer moms have the life!

Not reading through all of these posts, but as somebody who lives in the general area Shah is referring to... I can say that he is pretty on point. Many many mothers choose to stay home and care for their children. Yes, they drive 85k SUVs and yes, their husbands bring home a decent pay check (to live here, as Shah stated, significantly north of 100k). The majority of them are not working from home.

And yes, it is the life, providing it does in fact make these women happy.

Hell what I would have done if my x wife just made dinner once a week!

Did she work full time too?

Yes she worked full time and went to school at night.
I did all the house work and I was ok with it because I loved her and it's what a good husband does.
But on the week ends she expected me to keep doing what I was doing...cooking, cleaning and keeping the place clean.

I recall one evening I was making dinner and she was sitting watching TV. And it really hurt me when after an hour of me in the kitchen she did not even ask if I needed help. I knew then there were issues which would never go away. [:/]

I would have loved to hear a simple "Do you need any help in there?" that would have been so nice. But didn't get it.

As for these well to do ladies, you know what ever works for them works for them. In all honesty I'm a little jealous. I wish I could make enough money so that maybe my x wife or who ever i marry next doesn't have to work.

Maybe I'll get one meal per week. That would be nice.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Hell what I would have done if my x wife just made dinner once a week!

Did she work full time too?

Yes she worked full time and went to school at night.
I did all the house work and I was ok with it because I loved her and it's what a good husband does.
But on the week ends she expected me to keep doing what I was doing...cooking, cleaning and keeping the place clean.

I recall one evening I was making dinner and she was sitting watching TV. And it really hurt me when after an hour of me in the kitchen she did not even ask if I needed help. I knew then there were issues which would never go away. [:/]

I would have loved to hear a simple "Do you need any help in there?" that would have been so nice. But didn't get it.

As for these well to do ladies, you know what ever works for them works for them. In all honesty I'm a little jealous. I wish I could make enough money so that maybe my x wife or who ever i marry next doesn't have to work.

Maybe I'll get one meal per week. That would be nice.

She worked full time and then went to school at night. That is tough by its self and then you want her to cook for you? You were working and not going to school at this time, correct? Anyone no matter what there age is knows full time employment and school run you to hell and back. If she had time to relax and enjoy a show on tv you should not have been upset about that.

I am sure you knew when she was not going to have much time for many things around the house with a schedule like that. If you were in such a need of home cooked dinners and help around the house, maid service is about 35-40 for once a week. I am sure you could have hired someone to help. Hell, that may have even saved your marriage and her having to listen to you bitch/whine about doing the items around the house.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I'm gonna stick my neck way out and say Shah could be very close to the truth on this one. There are plenty of women with their own careers, businesses, etc,, but there are plenty of women who have nothing much better to do than spend hubby's money all day. I've seen 'em, I've known 'em. :S

i absolutely agree here. "Soccer Moms" do exist, i've seen 'em, I know 'em. And it is rather entertaining how flustered some of you guys get from Shah's posts.

And on that note, to sleep I go.

Absolutely. Marriage is a partnership. It's not always 50-50 or any of that nonsense, but it looks like you were a giver and she was a taker. I've seen more than one spouse (men and women) look for a divorce after their SO helps them get their degree. Sucks. I don't begrudge my wife some couch time, and I like to cook, but she's there for me, 24/7, and likes to make me happy. That's a good thing.

I've sure seen enough of the opposite, and you certainly have. [:/]

But.... I also know men who are the exact opposite. Money makes them hornier. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Ha, money doesn't make us hornier, it just lets us shop a little harder for it.;)

After my dads third marriage he decided to go the "rent a chick" route cause it was cheaper than wives sitting at home spending his money and then getting 1/2 when the divorce came. Unfortunately the people Shah describe do exist. My mum tolerated my dad's girlfriends while he was wealthy - it is amazing how quickly when financial troubles hit she became disgusted with his lifestyle:o and left.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Umm I'd rather be the person lounging at home all day long spending the money then the wage slave busting his ass of to support some ungrateful leech.

Hell I'd probably outsource all the house stuff to some mexican and just spend all the time at some nearby DZ.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

You were working and not going to school at this time, correct? .

actually I was taking some classes myself after work, but thank you for making me feel like shit.
would you like to pour some vinegar in more open wounds?
All I wanted, and would have been happy with a simple call from the living room "Do you need any help...." [:/]
But no doll really...thanks for your acidic insight. Best of luck to you.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

You were working and not going to school at this time, correct? .

actually I was taking some classes myself after work, but thank you for making me feel like shit.
would you like to pour some vinegar in more open wounds?
All I wanted, and would have been happy with a simple call from the living room "Do you need any help...." [:/]
But no doll really...thanks for your acidic insight. Best of luck to you.

So . . I have to ask, because I love watching these threads bloom and have so much fun with them, Do you feel like you are the brunt of a lot of pent up frustration?

LOL

I mean - DAMN - These beotches here drag you up one side and down the other. I'm waiting to hear about a Persian Lynching!:D

Aren't you glad that you can be there for them to vent their hypocritical rage on you?:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Face it, Shah, you're always wrong.:P

Even if you're right.:D

Yeah i guess. [:/]

So . . I have to ask, because I love watching these threads bloom and have so much fun with them, Do you feel like you are the brunt of a lot of pent up frustration?

LOL

I mean - DAMN - These beotches here drag you up one side and down the other. I'm waiting to hear about a Persian Lynching!:D

Aren't you glad that you can be there for them to vent their hypocritical rage on you?:P

Such is my life...
I am too old to be a cabana boy for the superficial rich women.
I am too poor so I cannot post that I make $100K a year for the superficial poor women.
However, when I am told I am not as rich or good looking
as Brad Pitt (or dream-du-jour), I accept it as reality.

He is trawling the waters with his net lowered, looking
for the not-so-elusive "Wow, he makes three times what I make, I wouldn't even have to work" catch.

But where does all this anger come from?
:)

I could be happy being a soccer Dad if only there was no kids involved in the action.

That is why cabana-boy is so excellent.
You have the day free and money to spend.
Then, when she comes home, you bring her refreshing
beverages to her by the pool.

I need a resume re-write.
My resume has too much computers and not enough drinking to be effective. :)