shropshire

Best film fight scene ... ever

The timing thing worked well with the whole feel of the film, tho'

To me, quick cuts and "shaky-cam" mean the director doesn't have confidence the material will hold the interest of the audience so he feels as if he needs to amp it up artificially by using them.

This is my general complaint about the Bourne series; way too much artificial excitement is trying to be created via the camera.

Go back and look at the genius fight choreography of early Jackie Chan. Very long cuts, nice wide framing so you can see what's going on and it's amazing stuff.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The timing thing worked well with the whole feel of the film, tho'

To me, quick cuts and "shaky-cam" mean the director doesn't have confidence the material will hold the interest of the audience so he feels as if he needs to amp it up artificially by using them.

This is my general complaint about the Bourne series; way too much artificial excitement is trying to be created via the camera.

Go back and look at the genius fight choreography of early Jackie Chan. Very long cuts, nice wide framing so you can see what's going on and it's amazing stuff.

That's the main thing for me - so you can see what's going on! A certain amount of shaky cam and quick editing can work well, but overdo it (as they definitely did in the Bourne Ultimatum, Quantum of Solace intro etc.) and it becomes impossible to follow the dynamics of what's actually happening.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Robert Ludlum is rolling over in his grave I am sure. Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is one of the many disservices done to the entire Bourne series by the movies.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Robert Ludlum is rolling over in his grave I am sure. Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is one of the many disservices done to the entire Bourne series by the movies.

To be fair, they only used the name. I mean, none of the Bourne movies have anything to do with Ludlum books...
Remster

he wasn't much better in team america, but he did play himself. Team america did have some of the best fight scenes though.

And the Hanson Brothers vs. the entire Federal League.:P

Fucking A, brother! B| Those guys were hysterical.

I got my eye on the three of you. You pull one thing, you're out of this game. I run a clean game here. I have any trouble here, I'll suspend ya.

I'm listening to the fucking song! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ha ha! I love the beginning sequence complete with grossly exaggerated sound-effects!! And the zoom-in and zoom-out of the camera to show the intensity of their stare-downs!! Still, an *excellent* scene. B|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss