papaduff

Health Insurance

Kaiser HMO NorCal. Not sure if it covers accidents related to skydiving...anyone want to chime in on that one?

It is your responsibility as a health care consumer to know what your plan does or does not cover. I'd strongly suggest getting a copy of your policy and reading it cover to cover. Without knowing what is in there, how can you advocate for yourself?

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Kaiser HMO NorCal. Not sure if it covers accidents related to skydiving...anyone want to chime in on that one?

No one can say "X Insurance company covers this and Y insurance company doesn't." Every insurance company offers a wide variety of plans and benefits, particularly to the large group (large employer) market, where they can and will customize the hell out of their products to get a company's business. If you're getting your insurance through work, particularly if you work for a large company, your benefits very well may vary within the company by division, whether you're in a union group or not, whether you're management or not, etc.

What peregrinerose said: Read your stuff. Call and ask questions if you don't understand it. It's not that difficult to read. MOST insurance contracts will have a specific section about exclusions... but read your own contract to be sure.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just got new health insurance with State Farm/Assurant, but they said that everything is covered except any injuring resulting from skydiving. Just wondering what health insurance cos. any of you use.

I'm covered for pretty much anything, skydiving accidents included. However, I work for the police department, so I've got the same insurance the cops do. Sure, I don't get paid as much as I did when I worked in the private sector, but the benefits totally make up for it!

I work for a bank. A really big one. We have Blue Cross Blue Shield and I don't have any exclusions. I called to validate skydiving injuring weren't excluded when I started jumping again, but that's my specific policy. Different policies have different exclusions and coverage options.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

It is a individual plan. They asked about skydiving. and I told them that I tried it and want to possibly try it again. The agent called and left me a msg the other day saying that my policy was approved but excluded any injury resulting from skydiving. I was hoping that someone knew of companies that were geared more towards this sport. Gonna call them back and see if they can fit that in there and how much it would cost. Thanks everyone

I had two different Blue Cross Blue Shield policies when I was jumping and neither of them excluded skydiving.

Make sure not to just assume you'll play the fraud card and say "I fell off a ladder." I'm pretty sure when the helicopter comes and picks you up their report (and their bill) is going to mention more than falling off a ladder. :P

Killing threads since 2004.