RALFFERS

Pandora One

I mentioned in one of my other posts that I listen to Pandora A LOT; now that I think about it, it is my primary source for music. Up until now, the 40 free hours you get per month have been enough, but I'm considering spending the #36 to have unlimited for the year. It's sort of nice; no commercials at home or in the car - and yes, I LOVE music that much!

So here's my question, to anyone who uses Pandora One (if anyone here in fact does) - does it allow unlimited skips? The non-subscription allows for 6 skips an hour, per station. I'm on a 24 hour trial right now, & it still only allows 6 skips, but I'm thinking that's because it's still a 'trial'.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

No more than 6 skips per channel per hour.

I used to be able to come out of a channel after 6 skips, go into another one, go back to the first one and be able to do another 6 skips with the hour time limit.

Apparently, they fixed that bug and it keeps track properly. Oh well.

That $36 was probably the best $36 I ever spent. Pandora rocks. :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

I love pandora. The one thing that has bummed me though is that sometimes the music selection can seem to get way off from the original search. Also when I first got my droid phone I was using it all the time in my truck, then about a month or so ago the sound quality DROPPED big time on my phone. Now the sound quality almost hurts to listen to, it sounds like very low bit rate. Very tinny and compressed sounding. Not such a big fan anymore.

Can you define a "skip" for a non-Pandora user?

I'm guessing/speculating (cause its faster then googling the info) but the pandora system, from what I understand from the other posts in the thread, has channels (like radio) with different music styles that you can listen to. The audio is streamed and so you can't download it but have just keep on listening. So the skipping would mean just skipping the currently playing track on the playlist and playing the next one.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I love pandora. The one thing that has bummed me though is that sometimes the music selection can seem to get way off from the original search. Also when I first got my droid phone I was using it all the time in my truck, then about a month or so ago the sound quality DROPPED big time on my phone. Now the sound quality almost hurts to listen to, it sounds like very low bit rate. Very tinny and compressed sounding. Not such a big fan anymore.

Is the bit rate likewise low on your computer? You sure it's not just your phone?

Case & point, I was not aware that this version of While my My Guitar Gently Weeps, By Peter Frampton existed. The Beatles original is the best of course, but pretty much anyone that does this song among the greats, be it Frampton, Jeff Healey, etc, etc... does it well

So, that link led me to bounce around to some other clips-Checking the EVH "Eruption" solo and saw one of the funniest comments I've ever seen on Youtube.
"if you take out the neck to edddies guitar you will find that its really a sword that can kill chuck norris"
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I actually use iheartradio (free app for iphone/ipod touch) to listen to my favorite radio station from back in houston 94.5...

Completely free, seems to stream quite a few stations, just make sure you're on wifi or unlimited data.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I actually use iheartradio (free app for iphone/ipod touch) to listen to my favorite radio station from back in houston 94.5...

Completely free, seems to stream quite a few stations, just make sure you're on wifi or unlimited data.

I use I heartradio also. With unlimited data on T-Mobile, I've got tons of radio stations from everywhere. Waco Texas has a great station, KBGO.
Sixties and Seventies!!:PB|

Works on a Blackberry also!
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

I use I heartradio also. With unlimited data on T-Mobile, I've got tons of radio stations from everywhere. Waco Texas has a great station, KBGO.

What about droid phones?

What about droid phones?

http://www.iheartradio.com/droid/download.html

As I said, It works on a Blackberry!!:PB|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

And is basic radio with all its crappy playlists, corporate driven agendas and all the commercials. No thanks. Pandora has a few commercials but minimal compared to terrestrial radio. I listen to it, my music library or CDs exclusively now. Beyond the occasional news channel I have no use for radio anywhere much less as an app