iluvtofly

How NOT to exit a helicopter.

I hear no panic in your voice. Great job kid!! :)

Thanks. I tried to stay as calm as I could. But I was worried about what would happen if I couldn't get unstuck. As I said before, talking to the pilot later he said he could have landed with me like that. But that thought never once crossed my mind. So there was a bit of panic inside my head.

Well, what if he was lowering you to the ground and your chest strap broke or ripped free and you end up too low to do anything about it? :o

Exactly why THAT probably would have been the scariest moment of my life. But if I had been the last one out and wasn't able to get myself off of there what else would I have been able to do?

Exactly why THAT probably would have been the scariest moment of my life. But if I had been the last one out and wasn't able to get myself off of there what else would I have been able to do?

He could have flown upside down to un-hook youB|
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Thanks. I tried to stay as calm as I could. But I was worried about what would happen if I couldn't get unstuck. As I said before, talking to the pilot later he said he could have landed with me like that. But that thought never once crossed my mind. So there was a bit of panic inside my head.

Well, what if he was lowering you to the ground and your chest strap broke or ripped free and you end up too low to do anything about it? :o

that was my first thought EXACTLY.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

that was my first thought EXACTLY.

Then a hard opening will likely do the same thing, and the rig is unsafe.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I might be missing your point. but what he (and I) were talking about was say they decide to land the thing, and at say, 300ft, the strap that is MAINLY holding her to the rail breaks, and she loosed her grip in the shock?
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

I might be missing your point. but what he (and I) were talking about was say they decide to land the thing, and at say, 300ft, the strap that is MAINLY holding her to the rail breaks, and she loosed her grip in the shock?

I get that.

If the chest strap breaks under the weight of a hanging body, then a hard opening would make it fail too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I get that.

If the chest strap breaks under the weight of a hanging body, then a hard opening would make it fail too.

no if the snag point has a burr or edge that can cut into the nylon
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I get that.

I prefer a chest strap made from webbing:P
BASE 1384

I get that.

I prefer a chest strap made from webbing:P
oh you mean nylon webbing, :S:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?