RALFFERS

Does Alcohol damage anti reflective coating? (eye glasses)

Can anyone tell me if cleaning your glasses with a lens wipe - but one that contains alcohol is ok to use for cleaning glasses that have a anti reflective coating on them? Thanks.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Generally speaking, I run my glasses under cold water to get the big stuff off, then use a microfiber towel (or one of those socks that comes with glasses like my gatorz, oakleys and liquids) That usually gets rid of everything pretty well... I try to stay away from the tech wipes.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You might not ruin your glasses with one alcoholic wipe, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. You're not supposed to use anything like your shirt either. Wal-Mart sells a cheap package that includes some spray and a wipe that comes in quite handy for me.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I used to work as a tech is an optical lab making lenses and was taught that the best way to clean them was to run them under the tap, gently rub dawn dish washing detergent on them with your fingers, rinse, and dry them with a cotton cloth that has not had fabric softener on it.
Don't use paper towels or cleanex.

You might not ruin your glasses with one alcoholic wipe, but I wouldn't make a habit of it. You're not supposed to use anything like your shirt either. Wal-Mart sells a cheap package that includes some spray and a wipe that comes in quite handy for me.

I have a couple of those walmart wipes. All that is needed is a couple long hot breaths and wipe. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have a couple of those walmart wipes. All that is needed is a couple long hot breaths and wipe. :P

You're pretty proud of the ability to get the job done after a few hot breaths and a couple wipes... aren't ya?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

You're pretty proud of the ability to get the job done after a few hot breaths and a couple wipes... aren't ya?

Hey, I'm cheap. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I heard Divot had an extra couple of bucks . . . maybe you could service him again.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Thats what she said.

Thats what she he said.

you must have forgotten you were talking about Billy

I didn't!:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun