Gators1240

Idiot drivers

Ok so I have seen some retarded people driving before but the beginning of my drive this morning takes the cake. I wake up, get a cup of coffee, get in my car and hop on I-10 in Mississippi on my way out to california. 10 minutes later (at 5:30am) I have to swerve across 3 lanes which luckily were empty, because there was a car coming head on at me on an interstate that is divided by concrete barriers, oh and I was on a bridge as well. I've never even heard of something like this happening or someone being that drunk that they could make that big of a mistake, any ideas?

Ok so I have seen some retarded people driving before but the beginning of my drive this morning takes the cake. I wake up, get a cup of coffee, get in my car and hop on I-10 in Mississippi on my way out to california. 10 minutes later (at 5:30am) I have to swerve across 3 lanes which luckily were empty, because there was a car coming head on at me on an interstate that is divided by concrete barriers, oh and I was on a bridge as well. I've never even heard of something like this happening or someone being that drunk that they could make that big of a mistake, any ideas?

Well at 6 AM... the guy was on his way home... Justwait till you get to Southern California...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well at 6 AM... the guy was on his way home... Justwait till you get to Southern California...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't know where he's going tin LA, but if he can time it right, it would be awesome if he hit the Riverside area going west sometime around 6 am in order to get the true experience of living in SoCal.

I think that would really make his day. (Just about all of it.)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

It's not always a "mistake" either. Sometimes it's intentional.

It actually may have been intentional. When I swerved out of the way he turned the same direction as me, missed me by about a foot. I'm going to Ventura and yes I have hear ALL about the traffic and definitely not looking forward to that

Wait till you get in Texas!
The rules of the road don't apply!:PB|

Actually I'm in Texas right now, stopped in San Antonio for the night and then back on the road tomorrow morning :)

Just think, You will be able to do 80 mph about
70 miles west of San Antonio to almost El Paso on I-10.
Have a safe trip!:)
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

I'm going to Ventura and yes I have hear ALL about the traffic and definitely not looking forward to that

Well, since you're going to VTU or thereabouts, you can actually miss the worst of it in the downtown area by going north of it on the 210. Timing is still tricky though since you'll be caught in traffic going west before noon to a certain point and beyond that it would be bad after noon.

If you can plan on doing the section from Riverside to Ventura after about 7pm, you'll make much better time.

I don't know if you have your rig with you, but if you stopped at say, Elsinore or Perris, made a few jumps until sunset and THEN left . . . I think you'd enjoy it more than sitting in traffic.
quade -

Actually I'm in Texas right now, stopped in San Antonio for the night and then back on the road tomorrow morning :)

The last Texas Legislative session had a bill that would have increased the speed limit to 85mph. If you've ever driven that stretch to and then through Junction, then you understand. Even at 85mph you'll look to the right (if you're west bound) towards the trains and see them passing you!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's not always a "mistake" either. Sometimes it's intentional.

It actually may have been intentional. When I swerved out of the way he turned the same direction as me, missed me by about a foot. I'm going to Ventura and yes I have hear ALL about the traffic and definitely not looking forward to that

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quade .. he is going to be going to Oxnurd and driving THE 101 to get anywhere

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quade .. he is going to be going to Oxnurd and driving THE 101 to get anywhere.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he has to do it the worst way or waste life looking at red brake lights when he could be looking at a green light at altitude.
quade -

The last Texas Legislative session had a bill that would have increased the speed limit to 85mph. If you've ever driven that stretch to and then through Junction, then you understand. Even at 85mph you'll look to the right (if you're west bound) towards the trains and see them passing you!

What I hated about that stretch was all the fucking jack rabbits that committed suicide on the air dam on the Jetta... I swear to god the damn things would sit there on the side of the road.... dead still.. till I was just a couple feet from them.. and then they would go for it..:S:S

Been there, done that.. Gone through there 5 or 6 times. Lets just make it an even 100 mph and be done with it! Can't let the trains pass us up!
:P

I'm going to Ventura and yes I have hear ALL about the traffic and definitely not looking forward to that

Well, since you're going to VTU or thereabouts, you can actually miss the worst of it in the downtown area by going north of it on the 210. Timing is still tricky though since you'll be caught in traffic going west before noon to a certain point and beyond that it would be bad after noon.

If you can plan on doing the section from Riverside to Ventura after about 7pm, you'll make much better time.

I don't know if you have your rig with you, but if you stopped at say, Elsinore or Perris, made a few jumps until sunset and THEN left . . . I think you'd enjoy it more than sitting in traffic.

Unfortunately I have not bought a rig yet so I would have to rent one but was thinking if stopping by Elsinore or perris on the way out, depending on what time I end up that way. Then I'll be in Ventura a few days and then back to elsinore for chicks rock next weekend.

What I hated about that stretch was all the fucking jack rabbits that committed suicide on the air dam on the Jetta... I swear to god the damn things would sit there on the side of the road.... dead still.. till I was just a couple feet from them.. and then they would go for it..:S:S

Dinner Anyone?

Unfortunately I have not bought a rig yet so I would have to rent one but was thinking if stopping by Elsinore or perris on the way out, depending on what time I end up that way. Then I'll be in Ventura a few days and then back to elsinore for chicks rock next weekend.

You should really stop at Eloy spend the night... then drive from there the next morning:)

You should really stop at Eloy spend the night... then drive from there the next morning:)

That's actually not a bad idea, eloy isn't much further down the road than what I was planning on driving tomorrow and I don't have to be out in cali till Thursday morning so if I get there tomorrow night I could jump all day Tuesday and get out there Wednesday night. I've heard a lot of good things about eloy, my 2nd cousin used to jump out there like 20 years ago lol but sadly he doesn't anymore

That's actually not a bad idea, eloy isn't much further down the road than what I was planning on driving tomorrow and I don't have to be out in cali till Thursday morning so if I get there tomorrow night I could jump all day Tuesday and get out there Wednesday night. I've heard a lot of good things about eloy, my 2nd cousin used to jump out there like 20 years ago lol but sadly he doesn't anymore

DUUUUUDE

ELOY

RAWKS

Just get there early in the morning.. they get started really early in summer to beat the heat... PLUS they have team rooms and lets not forget the pool... I love Eloy and they have really good rentals since you do not have gear yet:)