DaGimp

Any Lawyers?

Disclaimer: not an Attorney.

It's a fairly easy and fulfilling process. I've been three times and won all three times. In two of the cases, the Defendant had Attorneys and quite frankly, I think the Judge was a little miffed at them being present. In each case, I prepared a written affidavit in chronological order with supporting documentation, wherein, the top level affidavit referred by number to the supporting document that I also numbered. In those cases where I had witnesses, I had them write an affidavit in the same chronological order and incorporated it into the top-level affidavit and as a supporting document. Be sure your witnesses (if there are any) are present or the Judge may not allow just a written document, since the opposing party has the right to ask questions outside the written document and the Judge may want to ask the witness additional questions also.

Don't embellish on the facts.. the Judges can connect the dots if you try to slant it your way. If you don't remember an exact date or time, then "On or about" is fine. Just lay the affidavit out there for the Judge in a logical and linear manner. Talk to or ask questions to the Judge... not the other party.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

thanks buts its gona be really easy.....i filed today on a former lanlord for not returning my security deposit, and the clerk says this is the third time this year this guy is being sued for the same reason, then shes like "Would you like the same judge that has seen him the other two times?" Hmm let me think....HELL YES....
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

thanks buts its gona be really easy.....i filed today on a former lanlord for not returning my security deposit, and the clerk says this is the third time this year this guy is being sued for the same reason, then shes like "Would you like the same judge that has seen him the other two times?" Hmm let me think....HELL YES....

:)