Brian425

Jumping in or around London - November and December

So it looks like I will be in London for most of November and December. Will there be any jumping? Any recommendations?

I'll probably rent a rig rather than haul my rig over for one or two weekends of jumping.

Thanks,
Brian

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Any recommendations?

Yes. Head to Spain. :ph34r:

YUPPERS

I live up here in Americas version of crappy English Weather....

In Nov and Dec here.. its Head to Eloy....:ph34r:

To the OP.. head to Empuria

that or.. go to paracentro in the south of switzerland!

u guys stole my post!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Hang on, you lot. :P It is perfectly possible to jump in the UK during November and December - it might not be fun, but it can be done.

Brian, which part of London will you be in? Makes a difference as to which DZs will be most accessible.

Oh, and will you have access to a car?

it might not be fun, but it can be done.

I can also remove my own tonsils. No fun at all, can be done, BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO DO IT! lol

I lived for almost 4 years in Surrey, and from October to April, it was Spain, Eloy, or Florida. :P
Remster

it might not be fun, but it can be done.

I can also remove my own tonsils. No fun at all, can be done, BUT WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO DO IT! lol

I lived for almost 4 years in Surrey, and from October to April, it was Spain, Eloy, or Florida. :P

We are SO glad that is over now.:D:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Too right Mike .... the sun is carcinogenic anyway ... never heard of anyone getting Rain based cancer.

O.P Head up to Sibson or Weston

Oh heck yes you can jump... but it gets really old trying to get minimum altitude of "2000 feet" and getting a whole lot of throttle on the plane for a hop and pop:ph34r:

Oh and lets not forget hanging your canopy inside so it can dry and not pack it up damp....mildew is nasty stuff

I'll be in a hotel near Canary Wharf. (I have not picked the hotel yet.)

I am not terribly worried about cold and dampness. I live in New York and have jumped up until late November. If the locals are jumping, I am game.

Maybe I will grab that flying cattle car called Ryan Air and hit Spain for a weekend.

Even if I do not jump, the vibe at a DZ may be just what I need to relax from what is going to be a hectic work schedule.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

I'll be in a hotel near Canary Wharf. (I have not picked the hotel yet.)

I am not terribly worried about cold and dampness. I live in New York and have jumped up until late November. If the locals are jumping, I am game.

You see, everyone? He's new and keen! :D

Brian, there's a useful page here showing BPA-affiliated DZs. From Canary Wharf you should be able to reach quite a few without too much trouble:

Headcorn is something of a tandem factory and can be slow, but it's a good place if you're not driving since there's easy rail access from central London.
Weston is great - my team trains there. Kind of the wrong side of London for you, but worth the trip if you have a car.
Sibson is also good, and again if you can get a car it should be quite a reasonable trip from there.

I would offer to lend you a rig, but at 72 jumps I think my Katana 107 might not be the canopy for you. :)

Mike,
Thanks for the offer; but, I am more comfortable on something in the 170 to 190 range. lol

Transport should not be a problem. Worst case is I rent a car for the weekend. I'm sure with enough effort on my side, I can find a ride if I am willing to pay gas/petrol and tolls.

Thanks for the info.

B