PLFXpert

Temple Grandin--HBO Movie

Any one in particular?

I plan on reading more in their entirety, but I have read quite a bit of Animals in Translation and a bit of Animals Make Us Human.

I wanted to promote the movie, however, as obviously more people are likely to check that out. :)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I tried that, too, but no-one we know has HBO. :D

We actually_do_have HBO just not through the cable box and the way we have everything setup and hidden, it is a bit of a pain to mess with.

Actually, now that I think about it, that is the same reason I have not yet purchased the nice-n-large, widescreen, LCD computer monitor for my office. I would have to take my furniture apart to get to the back of my tower...I literally have the pieces of my five-piece office furniture set screwed together because they did not sit quite flat enough/close-enough together for my tastes, and I found it aesthetically displeasing. :$:DB| I will suck it up soon, though--I really want that monitor and Bill will get stuck doing the drilling & heavy lifting anyway. ;)

Back to the HBO film: Definitely worth watching for both fans of Grandin and for those unfamiliar with her to be introduced. :)

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

The DVD has been released.
The movie won 7 emmy awards:Best Made-for-Television Movie, Best Director, Best Lead Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Music Composition, and Best Camera Editing

Lots of innovative cinematography.
It has a commentary with the director, screenwriter, and Grandin. Really good!

http://www.templegrandin.com

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I LOVED that movie ! very sweet. reminded me alot of rainman. cruise and hoffman were interviewed recently regarding this and their motivations for their acting were quite admirable

i write this post while listening to all she wants is -duran duran-

I loved that movie! I will definitely need to listen to the commentary to hear what Temple Grandin had to say about the making of the film.

If you're looking for a book that delivers additional insight into how her mind works you might try the Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships.

I used that as sort of a workbook/discussion tool when working with a young girl with Asperger's.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham