shah269

Strip Clubs in China

OK I've hit strip clubs in all but Australia, Asia and that melting pile of mud in the south.
And sadly, I think for my EMBA class we are going to China.......I have my issues with China be it human rights to it being a dictator ship......but back on topic.
Are there any strip clubs there?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

No clue. I was there with the wife and kids.:D

REALLY! Vacation?
I was there when I was younger in the late 80's and I recall one thing. The sky was not blue and the food was crap!
Now that I'm older and paying $60k for this EMBA I really really really don't want to go there.
I told the professor in charge, "If we are going I'm going to bring every single Free Tibet shirt I have!"
For me as a Persian I have strong feelings regarding basic human right as well as dictatorships.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

No clue. I was there with the wife and kids.:D

REALLY! Vacation?
I was there when I was younger in the late 80's and I recall one thing. The sky was not blue and the food was crap!

For me as a Persian I have strong feelings regarding basic human right as well as dictatorships.

We wanted to take the kids some place that was really different. China certainly fit the bill. We loved the food, we hated the pollution. Even climbing the Great Wall North of Bejing, we were still in the smog. :S

They only put the True Believer Communists in as tour guides for the corrupt Westerners. It was interesting to hear their occasional slide into politics, and to see how they treated "tips" as a form of extortion. "Tip us now, it's required, and maybe your bags will get on the bus." All in all, it was a great look at an amazing country, with a culture going back 5 millenia, and a look at the inside of a country living under ruthless dictators.

paying $60k for this EMBA I really really really don't want to go there.

You're getting an MBA and have no interest in exploring the world's second largest economy/fastest-growing economy?:S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Wow, I know that was only a couple years ago but the kids look so YOUNG!!!!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

...I told the professor in charge, "If we are going I'm going to bring every single Free Tibet shirt I have!"

Unless you want a personally guided tour of the Court system and jails, I wouldn't.

While I fully agree with you in principle, the Chinese cops have less sense of humor than the NYPD.

And they don't have much in the way of "rights of the accused."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

OK I've hit strip clubs in all but Australia, Asia and that melting pile of mud in the south.
And sadly, I think for my EMBA class we are going to China.......I have my issues with China be it human rights to it being a dictator ship......but back on topic.
Are there any strip clubs there?

Here - I found this for you.

Looks like your hope is not all lost though.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You're getting an MBA and have no interest in exploring the world's second largest economy/fastest-growing economy?:S

As I stated earlier I'm not looking forward to this for various reasons some of which include human rights and the other is that they are a dictator ship.
As a guy who's from Iran I find supporting such a system of government not hip.
But what choice do we have. [:/]

So 3 girls and a boy.

dads in big families lose count

I counted: 1 boy, 4 young women (like 3 teenage or so, and a hottie in maybe her twenties), and dad.

:D

you have a beautiful family, J

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So 3 girls and a boy.

I counted: 1 boy, 4 young women (like 3 teenage or so, and a hottie in maybe her twenties), and dad.

Carefull - you'll bruise his hemmroids:D

Or leave a hickey on his ass!:ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've traveled a few times to China. I really do not know about the strip clubs. I know there are a few in Macau (Think Asia's Las Vegas.)

As far as the human right issues, some of your points are valid. I think what you will see is far more capitalism than communism. From my perspective, a government that is far less intrusive on day to day life than you would expect. The government rules with an iron fist; but, that fist is rarely around.

Wearing a Free Tibet T-Shirt is just going to make you a target for no reason. Wear a FTP or Cops Lie t-shirt and see how cops treat you here. I can gauantee you the NYPD will cut you no slack for a shirt that is seen as disrespectful to them. Why would you think anyone who represents the Chinese government would be any different.

Believ it or not, you can protest in China. You just need to learn how to do it. (See the stikes in the auto plants.) You can get uncensored internet (from a tech savy capitalist.)

And yes, I know of Falun Gong/Falun Dafa. What few people know was that Falun Gong grew over 10-20 years to 70 million followers. They protested when the felt that the government was unfairly portraying them in the media. The Chinese Government's perspective is that it is a psuedo religion similar to Scientology or Jehovah Wittness. The brutal crackdown came after the religion was banned and Falun Gong protested with 10,000 memebers in Tiajin.

We have seen Tiananmen Square. What few remember is that the protests went on from April until June 4th. The protests were sparked by the death (heart attack) of Secretary General Hu Yaobang. His complaint was that Deng Xioping was not implementing political and economic reforms in the country fast enough. After 2 months of growing protests, the government cleared the square.

What you need to understand about China is that the government is capable of extreme brutality at times. They key is that you will be warned 99% of the time that the crackdown is coming. It is up to you to decide what you want to do.

I am not saying this is right; but, it's the way it is.

In reality, I have seen some real positive changes in China in 10 years. In personal freedoms, in economic freedoms, in most walks of life.

China is on my list of possible places to retire.

Enjoy your trip. There is a great deal to learn, just open your heart and mind.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

Brian425,
Brian425,
Everything you say reminds me of Iran.
Yeah it's a "free" country but.......
Here I am paying a large sum of money to a highly respected university which specializes in developing executives who have a holistic view of management as well as their understanding of society and ecology as well as economics.
And yet we may be going to a country which runs contrary to everything we are learning. It's a classic cost issue. NOTHING is cheaper than a trip to China.
But who knows maybe I'll see a few of my old TA's from engineering school there. Who knows but given the choice....would be my last choice as a place for exploring management practices!

Shah,
Go and enjoy the trip. I have never been to Iran, so I cannot make comparisons. All I can say is that it takes a long time to change a country of 1.2 billion people. They have made progress. I've seen the changes and my wife's family tells me it is getting better.

There is a lot to learn in China. They are one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Just enjoy the trip.

Try the massage parlors, I hear everyone leaves happy. ;)

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

So 3 girls and a boy.

:D:D:D:D From left to right in the picture: Ryan, my oldest daughter (then 18), JohnMitchell, Me, Amelia (then 16), Melissa (then 12) and Brett my son (then 14) The picture was taken about 4 years ago I think.

On of those teenagers is Valinda, John's wife. He's a dirty dirty old man... :ph34r:

Just because he shares our affinity for babes that look half our age, is no excuse to bad-mouth the guy.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.