skyrider

Radio Flyer

Who doesn't have a memory of these from childhood? wether they were yours or a frineds..

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-radio-flyer-car-092910,0,1784245.story

Hi Sky,
Got my "Radio Flyer" actually got a couple. Several years ago my neighbor had a red in his back yard going to hell in a flat hat!! He was moving and I asked for the wagon as he was going to dump it. Got rid of most of the corrosion in the bucket, shot it with some rustoleum and red primer and wala!! A few months ago I saw a "Town and country" version with the wood frame and rails at a yard sale. Got it for $20 and fixed it up for $5 and some elbow grease. Saw the new ones at a local store, the tincan versions are $100 and the Town and Country versions are $150!!!!!! "AND" they are now made in CHINA!! If ya' have one in the yard, at Grandma's house or the garage, grab it and fix it up!! Out here in East NC they make great "Beach Rigs" ya' put yer cooler, tackle box and Fishing poles on it and go out on the fishing pier! Most cool!! My haunt is the "Jolly Roger Pier" out on Topsail Beach. Except for that it's pointed exactly 180 degrees out, it reminds me of my old daze hanging out on the Ocean Beach "OB" Pier in "Sandyeggo" as 'Twardo would say.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Who doesn't have a memory of these from childhood? wether they were yours or a frineds..

Yup remember them well, so well that I went looking for one a couple of months ago. Found it in a hardware store for $120!!! Did not buy it. As a child on a DZ the little red wagon was the best Wagon Draggon ride we had. My brother and I took the wheels off of it and used our Dad's PC on windy days to drag us across the DZ property. Had a blast and of course a few bruises came with the rides.
Broke out a few old canopies on a windy day a while back and really missed having one of those!

Would take a used one if anyone has one to donate. :)

Great memories!

Hi Sky,
Got my "Radio Flyer" actually got a couple. Several years ago my neighbor had a red in his back yard going to hell in a flat hat!! He was moving and I asked for the wagon as he was going to dump it. Got rid of most of the corrosion in the bucket, shot it with some rustoleum and red primer and wala!! A few months ago I saw a "Town and country" version with the wood frame and rails at a yard sale. Got it for $20 and fixed it up for $5 and some elbow grease. Saw the new ones at a local store, the tincan versions are $100 and the Town and Country versions are $150!!!!!! "AND" they are now made in CHINA!! If ya' have one in the yard, at Grandma's house or the garage, grab it and fix it up!! Out here in East NC they make great "Beach Rigs" ya' put yer cooler, tackle box and Fishing poles on it and go out on the fishing pier! Most cool!! My haunt is the "Jolly Roger Pier" out on Topsail Beach. Except for that it's pointed exactly 180 degrees out, it reminds me of my old daze hanging out on the Ocean Beach "OB" Pier in "Sandyeggo" as 'Twardo would say.

I am , and have been an antique toy collector for years...I am thinking about breaking up my collection,and spending the money on things to help my son while he can really enjoy it!

But I still have a love/lust of old toys..,.,

I was waaaaaaaaaay too poor for them when I was a kid............now I an afford them...but...I like to own them for a while, then pass them on to someone else that loves them!B|

we had an old one to share,,, between 5 kids... crashed it into Dads' garage door once,, about 40 years ago, and the crack is still there...
Just had one given to me....two weeks ago,,, by a former customer, and friend, who was moving from the long time Family Home, , and was "thinning things out"... it's pretty rusty, but all the parts are there,, handle, wheels etc.. and it works just fine...
it has a lot of character...;) might use it to tote the recycling bin out to the street for pick up days...
jmy

I never had them as a kid, but my two kids have Radio Flyer tricycles and one little scooter that looks like a snail. I've been very impressed with the quality of these things, despite that they are now made of plastic. Actually, I'm glad for the plastic because it saved them a few times when they were playing a bit rough with them. This company knows how to make toys. Thumbs up.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I have one very distinct memory about those. My friends and I thought it would be a great idea to take a 10 foot rope and tie the radio flyer to my bicycle. Went cruizing down my driveway (which was a 40 foot hill at about a 30 degree angle). It was going great until I took the 90 degree turn off my driveway. She went flying accross the gravel road and into the yard across the street. We were both laughing our asses off.