JohnMitchell

Jeb Corliss on the cover of Air & Space

One of my favorite magazine subscriptions is to Air & Space, published by the Smithsonian folks. It is like Playboy for airplane wonks such as I am. Unfortunately, this November's issue has Jeb Corliss, in all his black wing suit glory, on the cover. Ack, I just can't bring myself to open it and find my fav mag sullied with his unbridled self promotion. [:/]:D:D

What the hell should I do?

You could always write a letter to the editor telling them they've been duped and point out the glaring errors in the article.

People that have bought into the story and were made happy by it will hate you, but . . . it's the price you pay.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Get over yourself?

I know its the cool and hip thing to do around here to hate that guy, but seriously what has he ever done to you?

:D:D:DPractice what ye preacheth:D
I'm pretty sure John was being tongue in cheek
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

....buy seriously, what has they guy done that no one else has ?.....:S...he just runs around pointng a camera at himself...big deal..[:/]

So, it probably brings more interest to the sport than many many other things, except maybe total carnage.

Good luck to him, :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Get over yourself?

I know its the cool and hip thing to do around here to hate that guy, but seriously what has he ever done to you?

:D Where's the fun in that?:D

Okay, I cracked the magazine open this morning and I'll work my way back to the article. Being Air & Space, I bet most of the writing will be very accurate. It's a good magazine.

....buy seriously, what has they guy done that no one else has ?.....:S...he just runs around pointng a camera at himself...big deal..[:/]

That Empire State Building jump attempt was pretty original, and got a lot of press for jumpers.:)

Allthe bad press we ever wanted, thats for sure!

When I worked for an aerospace defense contractor, my favorite magazine was Aviation Week & Space Technology.
Or as we in the industry called it: Aviation Leak.

I would read it to learn what the guys in the next cubicle were working on, since they were not allowed to tell me.;)

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Get over yourself?

Pot, I'd like you to meet Kettle . . . Kettle, this is Pot, you two, Pot and Kettle, have a LOT in common, you should get along Famously.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Question is, is he good for the sport or bad? Discuss....

For the sport of wingsuit flying? Yeah, he's a freekin' god. Even if he never is going to actually land the wingsuit, he does do some freekin' amazing flying.

For the sport of skydiving? Eh . . . not really certain people outside the sport even equate the two as something an average person coming into skydiving does.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Question is, is he good for the sport or bad? Discuss....

He's generated a ton of interest in both skydiving and BASE jumping. He isn't a bad public speaker either, he speaks clearly, with thought, and explains the risks and why he takes them well. I found my whuffo friends felt bad for him about the empire state bldg thing. He has also captured some of the most incredible footage I've ever seen.

I say: keep it floored, good shit.

-Brett
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983