R6F4orR1

Toe Shoes (Barefoot Shoes)

Not a knife, its a pen that uses a standard space pen cartridge and you would like it!

http://www.benchmade.com/products/1100

That's really cool. How much??

Did you get the carbide tip "Glass-Breaker"?

That could easily be used as a Kubotan too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

$120 for a freaking pen??

:S

Wow!! I didn't look that far down the first time.

The "Damasteel" ones (apparently damascus steel) are $250.:S

The refills are $5.50.

I don't pay that much for the Bic Clics I use for work.;)

But mine won't write on any surface, underwater, upside down, in zero G, ect, ect, ect.:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

$120 for a freaking pen??

:S

Wow!! I didn't look that far down the first time.

The "Damasteel" ones (apparently damascus steel) are $250.:S

The refills are $5.50.

I don't pay that much for the Bic Clics I use for work.;)

But mine won't write on any surface, underwater, upside down, in zero G, ect, ect, ect.:P

I use THESE.

Rite in the Rain Tactical Black Clicker Pen - Black Ink (97)
Your writing survives with Rite in the Rain products
While a pencil works great on our all-weather Rite in the Rain products, sometimes you just need a pen. This pen writes on all paper and upside down in temperatures from -30F to 250F.

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

These are what I use. Nice to hold on to.

It also helps that I got a whole bunch from the place I used to work. Has the name and logo on it. They gave them to us for promotional purposes (I didn't steal them:P).

I take the cheap ones my current company gives us and give them away to customers. :)

I severly doubt that those will fit into the pen pockets in our ACUs. :P

They might fit. They are about the same size as a standard Sharpie. I have some shirts with the "pen pocket" and they fit. (but those aren't Utilites)

I severly doubt that those will fit into the pen pockets in our ACUs. :P

They might fit. They are about the same size as a standard Sharpie. I have some shirts with the "pen pocket" and they fit. (but those aren't Utilites)

Nope, most sharpies wont fit, and anything with a rubberized grip makes it alot more difficult to put them in and take them out.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

New pairs will feel a little weird. Keep on mind that because they are made of stretchy stuff, they will fit lost any width and shape of fit with just a day or two of breaking in. New ones feel weird to me even though I know they're the right size. The important thing is length.

I got an 1100 for my birthday, and it fits my pocket just right. B|

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Not a knife, its a pen that uses a standard space pen cartridge and you would like it!

http://www.benchmade.com/products/1100

I saw "Benchmade" and figured it was bladework - my bad.

They look nice, but I think I'll hang onto my space pen - less chance of wearing a hole in my pocket!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Everyone else said mostly what I was going to say, so I'll touch on a few points.

I bought the KSOs to train up for marathons, as I was told they will force you to run correctly to minimize discomfort. They also work out muscles that regular shoes kept us from using. -- I can say that this was true and ran my first 27 miles the weekend before last, whereas I couldnt get above 15 with my asics. On top of that, all of my shin and knee pain is gone.

Take it easy when first wearing them and watch your step. The roots and rocks we didn't notice with our shoes on will now make their presence known if you step on them! lol

As far as skydiving, I love them for freeflying. I cant use them with my wingsuit or any jumpsuit that has booties tho. You have to be on top of your landings and ready to PLF if you think yours isn't going to be a feather soft stand up.

I have a pair of the Bikilas on order as I heard they were better for distance running on pavement/asphalt surfaces.

Do you do any weight training in them? Like heavy squats or dead lifts?

Man, the heaviest thing I lift is my computer mouse :$ But I know what a squat is, at least. I think you may be surprised at the toe-flex you get, so you may want to do very light to get a feel for it before you work up to your normal set.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Get the all brown KSOs, folks call them Gorilla feet (thought they don't match the skin tone of anyone I've ever seen). Get the grey ones with mottled green print bottom and folks call them Zombie feet. Or get the all black ones, and no one will notice. B|

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Or get the all black ones, and no one will notice. B|

Wanna bet?
I was walking down the sidewalk in my black ones, and a lady came out of her house, just to ask me about them.
She must have had eyes like an eagle to notice them through the window.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

which of the chain stores are carrying them ? anyone know ?

REI carries them and thats where I got mine from after I saw how many knock/rip offs there were on the internet. Best bet is to go to the Vibram website and look at their dealer directory.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

What he said - also, you can order directly from the vibramfivefingers.com website once you measure your foot.

That said - if you have Morton's Toe (where your second toe is longer than your big toe), you may want to try some on before you order, in case you need to go up in size....or stretch the toe.

Also, looks like Vibram has some new models coming out (check the top of the sidebar) - including a natural fiber Trek for those that had misgivings about the leather, and a Classic made of Smartwool.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

When I started skydiving last summer I noticed a few people wearing these funky looking shoes. Over the last year, I have noticed even more people wearing them. Now that I have done some searching on the net, I am interested in getting a pair. The Women's forum had a thread about this awhile back (found here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3903942;search_string=vibram;#3903942) and in 2008 they were briefly discussed here http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3213879;search_string=vibram;#3213879.

The ones I am specifically looking at are the Vibram FF KSO's, http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO_m.cfm. Has anyone worn them? What are your thoughts on them for running? Skydiving? General wear while out and about?
I normally wear Adidas Sambas for everyday wear and skydiving. The Sambas are comfortable and have a fairly thin sole, although not as thin as the toe shoes.

Let me know what you think.

I want to get some when I get back to the States.

I've seen a dude in my workcenter wearing them - he remarked about the "re-learning to walk" thing as others in this thread have.

What I want to know is whether they can be purchased in a flesh-tone with hair on the vamp and the toes so that the wearer can look like a Hobbit :D:SB|

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

One of the Colt'c corners, Jarard Powers, wears them. He says he wants to wear them in a game, but that hasn't happened yet.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I've seen a dude in my workcenter wearing them - he remarked about the "re-learning to walk" thing as others in this thread have.

What I want to know is whether they can be purchased in a flesh-tone with hair on the vamp and the toes so that the wearer can look like a Hobbit :D:SB|

mh

Just get the brown Treks and glue some fur to them, hobbit-boy!! :P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm sure an airbrush artist could make them look like a pretty convincing set of human feet with the right skin tones and addition of toe nails to them.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Going to grab a pair.....they are so damn cool.

On the return leg from my Canadian trip ( I'm pulling my big BBQ rig) while at a rest stop, this dude walks up and we start jabbering BBQ stuff UNTIL!

I looked down and saw that he was wearing the toes!
He answered at least 20 question from me about them.

Got a set on order.

Don't go away mad....just go away!