Nataly

Worst hotel you've stayed in?

So this story doesn't hold a candle to so many others here, but I think it deserves a post. I used to work the front desk at a Marriott hotel in a business district (lots of corporate headquarters). I worked until 11 pm, during which time three things happen:
1 -- management is gone
2 -- most guests have already arrived
3 -- the last few guests arriving have had very long days and just want to get to bed.

The hotel had recently converted some of the connecting rooms to suites, where one room was the bedroom, and the other had a living room with a pull-out sofa. If no one wanted the full suite, we had these living rooms left vacant. However, the management still wanted these rooms sold at the same corporate price, and the hotel was usually oversold.

Imagine finally getting to your hotel after a full day at work, a long flight, then two more hours getting luggage and driving to the hotel. You're still wearing your business clothes (ladies wearing shoes with heels), and you have to be ready to make some corporate sales presentation in the morning. You get to the desk and you're told that the room you've been booked into (at a corporate center Marriott) has only a sleeper sofa!

Obviously I encountered more than a few pissed off people at that time of night.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I can't remember the hotel chain, but it was a big one and I wrote about it on here before... I think it was a Holiday Inn... Anyway, the staff used my makeup, skincream, and god knows what else. When confronted with this, the hotel management at first refused to believe that a cleaning lady would be interested in lancome products (of course not)... After MONTHS of chasing it up, they finally agreed to give me a free night's stay at the same hotel!!! They seemed surprised when I replied that I didn't want to go back there... :|

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You get to the desk and you're told that the room you've been booked into (at a corporate center Marriott) has only a sleeper sofa!

That would be enough to make me use another chain and ban Marriott! lol And I dont even war heels! ;)
Remster

You get to the desk and you're told that the room you've been booked into (at a corporate center Marriott) has only a sleeper sofa!

That would be enough to make me use another chain and ban Marriott! lol And I dont even wear heelsAnymore! ;)

FIFY:D:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi Natty,
The worst?? 'Has to be the "Dariush" in Isfahan iran '76. The room was OK, no roaches or anything like that but no matter how much we bitched at the management, even though they had lots and lots of "ICE" they never served us "COLD BEER!!!"....Until... They finally got the message when we quit buying their beer and brought down our coolers from our rooms that our wives chilled down while we were at work. They got pissed becaused we upended them, told em' you want us to buy beer, make sure it's "COLD!!" We got "Cold Beer" after that!! 'From back in the daze of the Grumman F-14 Iran Project. PS the beer was local, Shams and Midejadeah mostly Shams. Carbination was lacking, kinda remminded ya' of low key home brew, but it had a kick!!

"Do your part to save the Earth, It's the only Planet with "BEER!!!!"

PS Unless anyone can prove otherwise, the largest Relative Work Freefall Formation ever done in Iran is a 4-way done by myself, my wife(at that time) Chris, Lee Sewell and Paul Ross. 02JULY76.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out