airtwardo

~My Own 'personal' Bridge Day~

Thank you for sharing your heart-felt experience with us Jim, please accept my sincerest condolences while passing my sympathies on to Sue and Rosemary…we all loved that big ole teary-eyed, crew-cut bulldog of a “kid” you knew as dad.

Damn!:o

"The Clown"...!B|

Great to 'hear' from you!!:)
I can't tell ya how much it means to me...the things you wrote here!

Thank you.:$

I got to spend some time with your dad while I was up for my dad's funeral.
He hasn't changed a bit!!!B|:D

He told me what he was dealing with, and how long they figured...

All I could imagine was~
The Head Arab, The Head Pollack & The Head Kraut, all together again...:)

~ Saint Peter is gonna have to make a few changes to the rules!:ph34r:

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Dwayne.

Jim,

In the end, I wonder if one of the most important steps upon our journey is the one in which we throw away the map and remember that we are all extensions of our collective history.

From all journeys, be they imaginative or geographic, the most important souvenirs to be collected are the reminders that people’s lives are fortified by family and friends; by our ability to create our lives like creating a piece of art; and by our efforts to reconcile our material needs with the importance of our connections to each other.

Our families are friends.

right

the longer time goes for each of us,,,
it seems the Faster it gets!!.

Often, events of decades ago
can feel like yesterday.:oB|

your thoughts, have been the best history lesson, I ever had , about the Bridge at Remagen..
and since October IS the month for Bridges, i'm glad this thread was revived...:)
jt

Great story! I'd just like to say that we need to get these stories from our parents (and grandparents) before it is too late. Write them down before they are lost! Not just the combat stories but all the "back" stories of life during that time. Also, veterans of more recent conflicts .... your stories are also now part of history and, if you are so inclined, you should take a little time to reflect and write down (or tell about) your experiences and observations as they come to you for posterity. Colorful characters, equipment, and specific incidents, humorous or otherwise. No detail is too small! Do it before time fades your memory. :)